Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 12th January 2007, 17:14   #1

Default Limited edition of Innova -- to buy or not?

Hi,
I have been searching for a car for past 4-6 months and looked at Tata safari DICOR, Scorpio and somehow feel they ought to be modified to make it attractive.
Not keen on buying a small car (M-800/Alto/Santro/Getz) or Tavera or Sumo. Thought about bolero but power is quite low though it comes ard 6L.
Innova has recently launched a limited edition of Innova.
The machine is G1 Diesel with 2500cc engine.
Innova’s limited edition now on offer
Searched through some posts on innova and found some decent information.
Am stuck with just few doubts.
1. This one has some special features like rear spoiler, muffler cutter, floor mats being provided, power windows (not available in regular G1 model).
Is it justified to pay 8k more for the limited edition for just these features?
2. This model of the car does not contain ABS or Airbags. Only V model has them. Surprisingly even top end cars like safari and scorpio dont offer them (Safari gives at top end model worth 13L). Is ABS really required bcoz this car comes at onroad price of 9.35L bangalore and paying so much there is no ABS?
3. I read in some other thread that Innova G1 is VFM. Is that true when we are paying 9L and not getting ABS/Airbags?

Guys please let me know asap so that it helps me decide to buy for/against it.

If the decision is NO, kindly suggest a car for a family of 5 (all should be comfortable in the car) with safety features that could come with the same comfort as Innova and in a price range of under 7L.

Cheers,
4X4
--Wished I had one, now compromising for just a car with four wheels :-)
FourXFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 20:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

According to me If you want to buy Innova its newly launched limited edition is good one. Only disappointing thing is it has single AC. Innova really needs dual AC for sure. My Innova is G3 variant.

However If you drive Innova and rear seat AC effect is not so important then blindly go for Simpson RED Limited Edition G1 Innova Diesel. Its great buy because it has everything you need.

Put side foot steps and rear bumper for your Innova to get saved from Bikes etc.. in congested Bangalore City roads. Visit my gallery you can get idea of accessories you can buy for your Innova.

Innova is winner even while compared with Sedans. High seating gives great comfort and its easy to drive because you can see around and make good judgement.

If you are being driven buy G4 or top end Innova because its Dual AC make you feel more comfortable!

Email me for any more details If you need. I can help you to pick up right version of Innova! and also I can help you to buy good accessories for less rate.

Best of luck.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 20:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

of course its worth it. a tga spoiler itself costs 8k.. you will be very comfortable in it and the suspension is very good. i dont think it comes with alloy wheels so get some nice rims and some decent ice because the speakers they give arent really the greatest.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 17:02   #4

its definitely worth it, as the innova is known to be a luxury offroader as well, so a limited ed with more enhancements would offer more value for money.
hiphopdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 18:27   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopdoc View Post
its definitely worth it, as the innova is known to be a luxury offroader as well, so a limited ed with more enhancements would offer more value for money.
i wouldnt really call it an offroader.
Old 16th January 2007, 19:00   #6
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopdoc View Post
Innova a offroader? Did I moss something?
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2007, 20:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Innova a offroader? Did I moss something?
its nice and the city and the highways.. but offroad?? i dont think so.
Old 16th January 2007, 22:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Innova a offroader?
Lets accept its a mini-van.. And a pretty good one at that.
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 02:36   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Lets accept its a mini-van...
mini...whats so mini about the innova.its huge.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 13:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well Innova is not Offroader, but although it has 176mm as ground clearence it still rides as if car with 190mm ground clearence.

It's solid stable suspension works great and its reason for one can feel Innova is ofroader. But If driven off the road I am sure it needs service next day!

Its not mini van for sure. Omni can be termed as mini van. Innova is Van type to look at but it has better ability compared to even 10+ lac luxury sedan.

One has to compare Innova with 10+ lac luxury cars and it wins by huge margin inclduing price, FE, Space, ride quality, handling and lot more.

Its diesel version is great value buy for sure. Its Petrol version is great
buy If one look at comfort level.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 18:34   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

1. This one has some special features like rear spoiler, muffler cutter, floor mats being provided, power windows (not available in regular G1 model).
Is it justified to pay 8k more for the limited edition for just these features?

Fitting power windows alone would cost around 10k, spolier costs another 8k... So, 8k more is nothing much at all...

2. This model of the car does not contain ABS or Airbags. Only V model has them. Surprisingly even top end cars like safari and scorpio dont offer them (Safari gives at top end model worth 13L). Is ABS really required bcoz this car comes at onroad price of 9.35L bangalore and paying so much there is no ABS?

Can ABS be fitted as an option??? if yes, i suggest you do that... Innova being a heavy vehicle, that could d some srious speeds, ABS is needed...
3. I read in some other thread that Innova G1 is VFM. Is that true when we are paying 9L and not getting ABS/Airbags?

It is VFM for the space, reliabity, brand image, and the diesel option... But, Big brands VFM cannot be compared to others... They command a permium for the brand too...

If the decision is NO, kindly suggest a car for a family of 5 (all should be comfortable in the car) with safety features that could come with the same comfort as Innova and in a price range of under 7L.

Tough!!! Only other car that i can think of is the Tata Safari DiCOR
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 18:55   #12
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

One has to compare Innova with 10+ lac luxury cars and it wins by huge margin inclduing price, FE, Space, ride quality, handling and lot more.

Very true. It sure beats its own cousin, Corolla!
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 22:12   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

The limited edition tag might just get you a higher resale value too...i had the black anniversary edition qualis a few years back and got a slightly better resale thnks to the limited edition tag!
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote