Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 6th March 2007, 13:44   #16
BHPian

hey ramzsys..dnt go for that qualis, people would laught at the deal here at mumbai,buddy i have been lookn for a few cars in the mumbai used market for 2-3 months now,i have come across many qualis,i remember a black colour qualis 2003 end car top end,with cd player and roof ac he was quoting about 4.7 lakhs !

man really if rate of qualis that high at your place ..why not we start snding some qualis from all over india, what say fellow bhpns ??

ateast i can buy a good OHC Vtech wit tht money ;-)
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 16:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Coimbatore cars usually get better prices for the city is like a large town with not much traffic to make for a bumper to bumper traffic..
hence the dealers are bringing cars from south TN to coimbatore to grab a better deal.

The qualis i told was from trichy..Its owner was at trichy. Then why should they sell it here??

meanwhile, a tavera, ss (fullyloaded), DVD, LCD, 2005, 20k kms, sun auto extras, went for 7.25L from the dealer. is it the same elsewhere?

Rural market has not any charm over the qualis.. the spacio, with its 3.0L earth shaking noise is doing well.(15-16 kmpl) or the bolero DI XL model. Both these vehicles are seen more here.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 09:35   #18
BHPian

I am also looking for a qualis. When a talk to my friend who is auto consultant here in Bangalore, he said it is tough to get one and price would be around 4 to 4.5. So 7+ is too high i believe. What is the usual engine life for these cars. How kms will it do usually ? What i need to check when go for a test drive if i get one
santhoshx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 10:17   #19
BHPian

Given that it is a toyota, the engine life would good. I would expect it to be atleast 3L kms.

I would advise you to be careful about body-rattle when you choose the vehicle. A roughly used Qualis can have substantial body-rattle and that could be very annoying if you are planning to drive yourself.

Good Luck!
Su-47
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 10:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
meanwhile, a tavera, ss (fullyloaded), DVD, LCD, 2005, 20k kms, sun auto extras, went for 7.25L from the dealer. is it the same elsewhere?

Accessories should normally not allowed to demand more resale value. What is 20k in a 7.5L vehicle ? I think because of this crazy demand for "KOLIS", the dealers are hiking their price. Would seriously suggest you to look around.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 19:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

I was very much in the same boat infact still am,I just love the toyota qualis but two things but me off,the toyota qualis is a very high milage[run a lot of Kilometers] car in the seconds market so you usually end up with car which have put in about one lakh kilometers for the around 4 lakh upto 5 lakh price tag.

If you are lucky to find a model which has not run that much they are just illogically priced and just does not make sense to pay so much.Qualis is still in demand amongst the cab owners due to which this abnormally high pricing in the seconds market.

I think since you are able to afford nearly 7.25 on a second hand vehicle please look at buying a new MUV.Even if the new tavera/innova is not top end it would be a better buy than the second hand car which in all probability would have been abused by the owner.In case of finance you would end up with a cheaper ROI coupled with dealer incentives you never know.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 20:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have seen qualis more than 2 lakh kilometers doing absolutely fine as company cab with minimal maintenance. The reason for such high used prices is due to the demand in the taxi market. Infact taxi operators will prefer qualis to innova in case toyota launches it again. As a personal transport the price is tooo high... stay away, go for a new car.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 21:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, there is no problem at all with the mileage. just see that the car has been reasonably well kept. toyota engines last forever (4L Kms at least in real terms)
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 00:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

regarding engine life: one workman at autozone, cbe told me life is 4-5L(safe).
he also said some did 4L+ and still not opened up.(for reboring?)

he says(not only him)toyota cars have low maintanance, and life of parts are long enough.

he also told me abt toyota engines(older IDI) still doing duty on older esteems (1000) sucking diesel and giving 20+ KMPL for combined figures!!!
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 00:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

I do not know where all these figures come out of. If someone did not reset his odo and hence his vehicle shows 4lakh kms does not mean that the vehicle would not have undergone major heart surgeries.

A bit OT but the other day, I encountered a Maruti Alto while looking for a pre-owned car for my friend. The owner had driven the 2004 model vehicle for some 38000 kms. It was an Lx. My guess is he would not have paid more than 2.75 to purchase it. And yet the guy said 2.5 and not a penny less. This when his car's front wheel has abnormal wear and tear signs, a vibration on the steering and the insurance is expiring next month. The guy insists that people are ready to buy the car at even higher price. And then he threw that logic. An alto it seems is good for 2.5lac kms... what is 38000 saar? Beat that.

It is the second time we encountered this wierd logic. Last week a major maruti TV dealer also quoted such an outrageous price for a 2005 Alto Lxi (3.3lacs) saying that Alto engines last beyond 3 lac kms!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 10:19   #26
BHPian

Since qualis seems to be diffucult to get what alternatives we have at 3.5-4.5 lakhs budget. A bolero or Armada ? Any thoughts
santhoshx is offline   Reply With Quote