Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 13th April 2007, 11:50   #16
BHPian

thanks fellows!! responses pouring in......i need some gyan on tires too.

After taking the giant i want to buy her new footwear. Planning for Michellin tubeless(i am very happy with michellins on my indica).

Suggest me a good place in NCR for Michellins, my local tirewallah has stucked on 8500 per tire(originally quoted 8800 per tire), also he is buying OE tyres quite cheap (for 3600 per tire, while he sells the same for 4900 per tire).

absolutely no idea for 235/70 R16 tubless from michellin, michellin dont have site for india(or i cant find it).
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 11:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
No i had my chance on silver one EX, despite my request to drive on LX(the model i intend to buy).

Clutch was not heavy, but remained sticked to floor even after lifting of foot completely, to be precise a sticky clutch.

At dhingra the vehicle was completey diff breed, not so heavy clutch & working properly.

Yes drifter i will insist on having a post mar07 vehicle, preferably apr07 make.
Buddy is this the Dhingra motors of Gurgaon or the one on the OLD DELHI ROAD in New Delhi
Looking at your feedback, I am just wondering if its as important to have a good dealer as a good workshop

-Regards
POGU
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 11:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
Buddy is this the Dhingra motors of Gurgaon or the one on the OLD DELHI ROAD in New Delhi
Looking at your feedback, I am just wondering if its as important to have a good dealer as a good workshop

-Regards
POGU
Yes Pogu its Dhingra Motors Gurgaon, located on old delhi-gurgaon road.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-Regards
POGU
Pogu, there is only one Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon - Sector 14, on what used to be the OLD Delhi-Jaipur highway....they have nothing in Delhi AFAIK; their workshop is also close by - its DEFINITELY important to get hold of a good workshop or, at least, some good contacts in the workshops who will ensure your vehicle gets attended to properly. Else, you'll be left high & dry

Last edited by suman : 13th April 2007 at 12:04.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 12:36   #20
BHPian

guys in the evening i will be going to tayal motors(faridabad) as i am planning for dicor.what all should i ask for??the model is lx.going by the forum the discount must be around 15k.will it be wiser to not to opt for cash discount and ask for accessories like body colours bumper and side claddings,front chrome grill,fog lamps,floor mats,mud flaps and bridgestone tyres.what do you say guys?
also where can i find the mfg date of the vehicle and the series no.i suppose anything after march 07 and csz series are prefferd.
zucchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 12:46   #21
BHPian

I always though its best to buy from place where there are multiple dealers and hence could bargain across them to get a better deal and hence that way it looked to be better off to buy from Delhi as compared to Gurgaon

-POGU
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 12:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I always though its best to buy from place where there are multiple dealers and hence could bargain across them to get a better deal and hence that way it looked to be better off to buy from Delhi as compared to Gurgaon

-POGU
Hello Pogu, safari is not a mass moving car like indica, so there is pretty good chance of old stock lying unsold.

So for that segment its best to narrow down the dealer who sells them fast, minimising chances of old stock purchase, being only dealer in gurgaon+lot of gurgaon ppl having spare money for a vehicle like safari+ being an existing customer, driven me to Dhingra motors.

but any how, from where-ever i may purchase , i will look for latest mfg vehicle as suggested by many gurus here.
Old 13th April 2007, 13:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

My dealer had old stock, but i specifically asked him to get the latest batch, I then went to their stockyard to check the vehicle before it was allotted to me. If you follow this, make sure you note down the chassis number so you can be sure that the vehicle delivered to you is the one you selected at the stockyard.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 14:29   #24
BHPian

where the Mfg date /batch is stamped on safaris. please shed some light.

is it under the hood at front cross member like indicas, or some where else.

is it stated in code or directly the date is stamped?
Old 13th April 2007, 14:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
guys in the evening i will be going to tayal motors(faridabad) as i am planning for dicor.what all should i ask for??the model is lx.going by the forum the discount must be around 15k.will it be wiser to not to opt for cash discount and ask for accessories like body colours bumper and side claddings,front chrome grill,fog lamps,floor mats,mud flaps and bridgestone tyres.what do you say guys?
also where can i find the mfg date of the vehicle and the series no.i suppose anything after march 07 and csz series are prefferd.
ask for cash discount as much as you can strecth, for acc. dealers generally, take you for a ride, & they are cheaper in open market.

my dealer offered me mud flaps+foot mats quoting them for Rs2000/-, i can not digest that. I asked him to convert them to cash discount but he refused.

so my deal stands at 14k discount+mud flaps+floor mats. For painting side cladding he offered 15k but later declined his statement & asked for 18k.

so i dropped idea of getting them painted right now, due to budget, it can be done after 2months.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
absolutely no idea for 235/70 R16 tubless from michellin, michellin dont have site for india(or i cant find it).
Michelin has that size in 4x4 Synchrone. I have it on my Safari and they have pretty good grip. Since my beast is less than a month old, I can't really comment about wear etc.

As far as the manufacturing date is concerned. Here is my attempt at decoding the series and more comments from another member. See if it helps you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post399590
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post400034
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For painting side cladding he offered 15k but later declined his statement & asked for 18k.

so i dropped idea of getting them painted right now, due to budget, it can be done after 2months.
Man, you should just tell them you changed your mind.....that should work.

Ask them to give you underbody anti-rust treatment as well as teflon coating free - that's what I'd got apart from mudflaps, mats & cash discount
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Man, you should just tell them you changed your mind.....that should work.

Ask them to give you underbody anti-rust treatment as well as teflon coating free - that's what I'd got apart from mudflaps, mats & cash discount
well all this from dhingra motors...wonderfull

I will surely show some reluctance, may be he will bow down.Thanks a lot Suman ji
Old 13th April 2007, 16:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
where the Mfg date /batch is stamped on safaris. please shed some light.
I couldn't find it anywhere on the body. So i checked the seatbelts, at the base mounting of the seatbelts, you will see a white tag on which the date of manufacture will be written, so your vehicle date of manufacture should be quite close to that.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 17:14   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Arun, I would not go by what the Tata Motors web-site says, reg the color. I havent really seen regular updates on the websites of the dealers either. Best - talk to the dealers.

2.5 down south for your car would be difficult. Remember, there's some uncertainity for the buyer because it is an out-of-state vehicle. Like already suggested, go for a private buyer. The 1.6 looks quite good, though.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote