Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 19th April 2007, 09:58   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
I couldn't find it anywhere on the body. So i checked the seatbelts, at the base mounting of the seatbelts, you will see a white tag on which the date of manufacture will be written, so your vehicle date of manufacture should be quite close to that.

Drifter
That white tag is actually the date of manufacture of the seatbelt assembly. You're right in saying the date of manufacture of the vehicle will be close to this date - it will actually be after this date.
dicorex4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2007, 14:59   #32
BHPian

Default Michelin Tyres - synchrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
thanks fellows!! responses pouring in......i need some gyan on tires too.

After taking the giant i want to buy her new footwear. Planning for Michellin tubeless(i am very happy with michellins on my indica).

Suggest me a good place in NCR for Michellins, my local tirewallah has stucked on 8500 per tire(originally quoted 8800 per tire), also he is buying OE tyres quite cheap (for 3600 per tire, while he sells the same for 4900 per tire).

absolutely no idea for 235/70 R16 tubless from michellin, michellin dont have site for india(or i cant find it).
You can visit Tyre Cafe, Gurgaon (opp telephone exhange), little ahead of Dhingra motors showroom, if you are coming from payal cinema side. They are authorised dealers of Michelins tyres and other brands. Talk to Gaurav Rawat who is the owner. He should be able to guide you properly.

Michelin 'synchrones' is a product for high end SUVs. That's why they are very expensive. I can mail you the brochure (pdf) if required.
testdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:59   #33
BHPian

Hey Arun,

Any final decision yet on the Safari Dicor?
testdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 17:30   #34
BHPian

Yes its final, just waiting to dispose off my indica.......dont have enough contacts to sell it off.

Dealer is not immediately ready to transfer the name on R/C, he says it can be done after he(dealer) sells it off to somebody. But i am scared in case he doestnot i will be getting the challans even after selling of the vehicle, in worst case , what if some body uses it for criminal activity.Just want to sell off to a known person, who is willingto get the ownership tranferred.

desperately waiting to buy the truck, even my dad follows up about the truck with me everymorning.
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 17:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer is not immediately ready to transfer the name on R/C, he says it can be done after he(dealer) sells it off to somebody.
Dont worry.. i exchanged my indica with safari from the dealer and got the photocopy of rc with the new owner after a month or so..Make sure you take the delivery challan from the dealer. I was also scared that the car was still on my name and other thoughts etc etc but the dealer said.. sirjee dont worry.. yeh hamara roj ka dhandha hai.. If youdont give ur car, how will we refirbish it or clean it etc and sell it off to the prospective customer ?

fellow bhpians can pour in more thoughts on this.
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I was also scared that the car was still on my name and other thoughts etc etc but the dealer said......fellow bhpians can pour in more thoughts on this.
Having a car in your name while some unknown person is driving it is surely a scary thought.

First thing is to get a Delivery-Note from the dealer. Subsequently, if you are not able to get a copy of the RC book (for whatever reasons), you can go for a *B-extract*, which is nothing but an extract of ownership details from the RTO's records. I did the same when I sold my bike.

Last edited by Su-47 : 2nd May 2007 at 22:44.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 08:55   #37
BHPian

Thaks rahun & SU-47, i will wait maximum till weekend, otherwise i wikll sell off to dealer on monday & book the truck.It is too long wait now.

I had a talk with my colleague, who is ex-TATA employee, he said new 2.2ltr dicor is expected to be 10lacs+, no official confirmation though.

Complete new styling is to be expected by 2008end, or early2009. Wait for me is getting too long. But the senses says to wait, as after launch of 2.2 in june, 3ltrs will see a price drop.

But mun kahtaa hai le le yaar .....
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
But mun kahtaa hai le le yaar .....
I was in the same dilemma 45 days back. Then, after some philosophical pondering (and tbhp influence) I concluded it would be better to go for it!!
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:45   #39
BHPian

Hi folks, back to this site after a long time. Good to see so many fellow-bhpians go for the safari.

Ok, I managed to sell my Zen for a good price and booked the light gold Safari LX DICOR the very same day. Was actually waiting for the price I wanted for the Zen.

arunforu1, advertise it on a classifieds site like kijiji or indiaconnect, you will get a response within one day! My father-in-law sold his Jan 2004 Indica DLG for 3 lakhs, everything settled within a day!!

Since I was buying the truck with a finance option, he was offering a cash discount of about 20-25K, I opted for accessories instead and am getting the following:

* bumpers painted to body color
* fog lamps (they are actually a set of extra headlights on the bumper, right?)
* chrome front radiator grill
* reverse camera
* remote locking
* teflon coating (I think an underbody rust protection would be better... siggestions please)
* mats, mud flaps, sun screen

I think I got a good deal, comments please.
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 19:57   #40
BHPian

Default Zeroing-in on Safari, Advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust
Ok, I managed to sell my Zen for a good price and booked the light gold Safari LX DICOR the very same day. Was actually waiting for the price I wanted for the Zen.
Hey Wanderlust,

I am in a similar situation, looking for a good price for my 2002 Corsa 1.6 GSi. Any suggestions where can I get the best offer in B'lore.

I am planning a Sunroof on my (intended) Dicor EX 4x4 (alas will hav to rip off the roof mount A/C for this ... any ideas if I can get a buy back for this friends) and thats something you can consider as well. TBHPians, I haven't seen much on the sunroof as an accessory on the discussion threads. Any specific reason ? Would appreciate your inputs.

Where are you getting the accessories from ? How much would the reversing cam cost ?

Happy reclaiming !!!
ShaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 07:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

For all the people buying the DICOR : The launch of the 2.2L must be real close now. I keep seeing them with ever increasing frequency these days. And most are RHD.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 09:27   #42
BHPian

Anyone with sources in TATA is welcome to comment on the 2.2 launch
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 01:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaKo View Post

I am planning a Sunroof on my (intended) Dicor EX 4x4 (alas will hav to rip off the roof mount A/C for this ... any ideas if I can get a buy back for this friends)
How much are you planning on selling the roof A/C for.. I dont mind picking it up.

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 18:46   #44
BHPian

Shako: I am not too sure about the Corsa, if it were a Santro or Zen, I am sure it would have got picked up for a good price in 1-2 days!

If you still havent bought the truck, I would suggest you go for the LX4x4 if they offer 4x4 with the LX model.

2.2 launch: I asked the dealer, he said it would take 9 months. About 2-3 months prior to launch they ask the dealers to send their mechanics for training.
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 12:00   #45
BHPian

On the autoshow on CNBC, someone was asking whether he should go for Innova or Scorpio OR may be wait for the new DICOR engine in SUMO( 2.2L ). The response was expect the new DICOR by year end only for SUMO as TATAs will first bring it in SAFARI only as it is an expensive engine and since SUMO is a cheaper vehicle, they shall take time to do cost cutting. The autocar site still says of a June launch for 2.2
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote