Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 12th April 2007, 17:50   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Zeroing-in on Safari, Advice needed

Fellows,

recently i have test driven both scorpio & safari. Fell in love with dicor. Liked nothing except engine response in scorpio(personal opinion).

1. How much discount can i get in delhi for LX(without finance option), only dealer discount, dhingra motors fellows has extended to 14000 from 10,000 when i shown no urgency, till i get a good deal.

2.Arizona blue, is it really discontinued? Dhingra motors says it has been discontinued, A-one motors says avaible, tata site says available, but dhingra motors fellows have shown me new shade of blue called steel blue.I dont know who is correct.

3.Can a tata customer order anyother shade of his choice, if customer is willing to wait?

4.How much my execptionally well maintained Indica DLS V2(oct 2003) can fetch in delhi, dealer is ready to buy back it for around 1.6lacs, but i have recently invested in Michellin tubless 15k, New battery, & car has sony explode +4 sony speakers, security system+gearlock installed, under body coated & teflon, it still returns a decent 17.5kmpl in city. Just a rough idea needed for appx cost?

Please Advice!
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 18:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Here in Mumbai, the LX was being offered with Rs.10000 discount and 15000 on EX.

2. There is a steel blue colour, which looks quite nice. But don't know if the Arizona blue is discontinued.

3. Yes you can, but i don't think the factory does it, the dealer will do it, and that will become too expensive and pointless in my opinion.

4. Try selling to a private buyer and not a dealer, you will get a higher price.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 18:34   #3
BHPian

Thanks drifter for your valuable opinion, that means i am getting the right discount.
Well from your reply it seems steel blue is not new color, as the dealer was suggesting it to be newest one.
I dont want to go for a dealer-end paint job, as they cant match up with OEM quality, I have worked for an indian OEM previously & there was a policy in place to give a choice of color to customer if he requests something other than std. color range, but for waiting period of 1 month, i dont know if TATA have it.
Old 12th April 2007, 18:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
Arizona blue, is it really discontinued? Dhingra motors says it has been discontinued, A-one motors says avaible, tata site says available, but dhingra motors fellows have shown me new shade of blue called steel blue.I dont know who is correct.
AFAIK, Arizona Blue is discontinued (along with river-rock green). A1 might have old-stock, and if I were you I wouldn't go for it unless I check the mfg date.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 18:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
AFAIK, Arizona Blue is discontinued (along with river-rock green). A1 might have old-stock, and if I were you I wouldn't go for it unless I check the mfg date.
Yes thanks Su-47, sure i would check mgf date, i have asked vehicle manufactured in april 2007, as usually jan-mar QC is asked to be in low profile, as mfg deptt have to meet production targets of the year till march 31st.

so march vehicles may have (not usually but may have) some mfg defects unchecked, while QC is most active in april......
Old 12th April 2007, 19:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

So another one has decided to become a trucker. May the tribe of the truckmen keep growing. Amen

btw, your exceptionally maintained DLS V2 (2003) may fetch 2.5lakhs or more down south (if within 60000 kms). No ideas about delhi mate.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 19:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
btw, your exceptionally maintained DLS V2 (2003) may fetch 2.5lakhs or more down south (if within 60000 kms). No ideas about delhi mate.
2.5lacs+ wow...but being practical as per delhi rates i expect, 2-2.2 sure dealer will keep that much margin..i hope my expectations are practical...but getting too eager to buy new truck.I hope i dont become too impatient to throw away my indica.
Old 12th April 2007, 21:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Arun,

Your dealer is correct, steel blue is a brand new colour. I have painted my claddings and bumpers from the dealer, paintjob is awesome.

Here is a pic.

ImageShack - Hosting :: safarivt2.jpg

Drifter
Old 12th April 2007, 21:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Fellows,

recently i have test driven both scorpio & safari. Fell in love with dicor. Liked nothing except engine response in scorpio(personal opinion).

1. How much discount can i get in delhi for LX(without finance option), only dealer discount, dhingra motors fellows has extended to 14000 from 10,000 when i shown no urgency, till i get a good deal.

2.Arizona blue, is it really discontinued? Dhingra motors says it has been discontinued, A-one motors says avaible, tata site says available, but dhingra motors fellows have shown me new shade of blue called steel blue.I dont know who is correct.

3.Can a tata customer order anyother shade of his choice, if customer is willing to wait?

4.How much my execptionally well maintained Indica DLS V2(oct 2003) can fetch in delhi, dealer is ready to buy back it for around 1.6lacs, but i have recently invested in Michellin tubless 15k, New battery, & car has sony explode +4 sony speakers, security system+gearlock installed, under body coated & teflon, it still returns a decent 17.5kmpl in city. Just a rough idea needed for appx cost?

Please Advice!
You should be able to get discount of 15000 on Lx at A-One motors mathura road. I had gone for test drive there last month and i was offered the same

I have only seen steel blue on the road. I shall advice not to go for Arizona blue unless you are sure that it is still being freshly manufactured otherwise they shall give u an old vehicle. Website might not have been updated off laterand hence no point making inferences using the website, you need to compare across dealers only OR you should try to contact TATAs directly to know the truth

-Regards
POGU
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 09:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
You should be able to get discount of 15000 on Lx at A-One motors mathura road. I had gone for test drive there last month and i was offered the same
Yes pogu you are right, A-one offered me 15K, but the vehicle given for test drive was a new one & still pathetic to operate, the clutch refused to come back when i lifted my foot, the A-one guy told that it is a soft touch feature, the car was very noisy, pathetic pickup, & vibrating all around, inside door lock latch loosened up whne operated showing spring assembly.I doubt if they have badged TCIC as dicor.

But at Dhingra motors, story was completly different, clutch was normal (not too heavy-even lighter than indica), worked normal, decent pick-up & power, i think a-one was passing on an old batch as current one.Also Dhingra guys were more customer friendly.

Thanks pogu for your suggestion, so guys i have finally made up my mind, let me dispose off indica & join the truckers club.

Cheers!
Old 13th April 2007, 10:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Make sure you get a car with a manufacturing date of March 07, or a CSZ series, they have some improvements.

Drifter
Old 13th April 2007, 11:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Yes pogu you are right, A-one offered me 15K, but the vehicle given for test drive was a new one & still pathetic to operate, the clutch refused to come back when i lifted my foot, the A-one guy told that it is a soft touch feature, the car was very noisy, pathetic pickup, & vibrating all around, inside door lock latch loosened up whne operated showing spring assembly.I doubt if they have badged TCIC as dicor.

But at Dhingra motors, story was completly different, clutch was normal (not too heavy-even lighter than indica), worked normal, decent pick-up & power, i think a-one was passing on an old batch as current one.Also Dhingra guys were more customer friendly.

Thanks pogu for your suggestion, so guys i have finally made up my mind, let me dispose off indica & join the truckers club.

Cheers!
Even I found the clutch heavy, but I attributed it to my graduation from M800 to Safari( petrol to Diesel ). I tried a black safari there. Did you also have a hand on the same?

-POGU
pogusingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 11:13   #13
BHPian

No i had my chance on silver one EX, despite my request to drive on LX(the model i intend to buy).

Clutch was not heavy, but remained sticked to floor even after lifting of foot completely, to be precise a sticky clutch.

At dhingra the vehicle was completey diff breed, not so heavy clutch & working properly.

Yes drifter i will insist on having a post mar07 vehicle, preferably apr07 make.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

arun, the safari is indeed a real good one to own if you cen really control her within that 3k RPM limit.

I guess you can get atleast 15k cash discount. But on the other hand if you choose for accessories maybe that could go upto 20k or a little more based on how you negotiate. And do insist on the CSZ series since i've been hearing that its got some improvements.

...BUT WHERE IS STEEROID!!! He had to be somewhere on this thread!!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 11:49   #15
Team-BHP Support

Steeriod, Suman and Godfather who is a new DICOR owner : PM them, for further ownership details. Steeriod has a Long term review on his beast too. Actually, there are many more...
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote