Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 18th May 2007, 14:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Very True Kiran but I didn't mention it because Komp didn't want to spend more than 9 Lakhs on the new car. The V-spec Innova with Airbags & ABS is over 11 Lakhs.

Not in Ludhiana. (Check the toyotabharat.com pricelist)

V petrol is about 9.5 lakh and V diesel 10.5.
caliper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 14:09   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
I've just googled images of the toyota innova. Not oo impressed to be honest. In the uk, cars like the innova (mpv's) are seen as cars for mums which are filled with children and shopping bags. Not a nice image for a fun loving punjabi guy to be in.
I therefore stand corrected, image is important and suv's look the business. Which is the best for upto 9 lakhs?
It's true that Scorpio/Safari beat Innova on looks. But when you're carrying 7 people, you're not just a fun-loving Punjabi, you're a family man. So you should probably have a Bullet for when you want to play that role.

Or you could buy the Innova for reliability, and then have it decked out with Carryboy accessories (http://carryboy.com) or through
http://www.babbaraju.com/

Some mean accessories, cladding, chrome mirrors, extra set of lights might let other drivers know you mean business.

Quote:
I just saw some pictures of the qualis. It seems like a very dated design? Is the innova the successor to the qualis?
Forget the Qualis. I don't think it's available anymore. Innova is 2 generations ahead of Qualis.
caliper is offline   Reply With Quote