Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 3rd May 2007, 19:19   #1
Default Used Bolero / Sumo / any other?

Fellow TBHPians,
I am planning to buy a used MUV like the Sumo or Bolero or any other that you might suggest. My requirements are as follows:
1. Primary use is to transport some heavy stuff/ more people from Pune to my farm house in Malvan. Maybe once a month. Approx. return journey 1000 Kms
2. Other usages include hiring out to 3rd parties.
3. Else drive to office if required.
4. Budget would be between 2.5 and 3.5 lacs.
5. It should be a used car as I cannot afford a new one.

Question: Which car should I go for?
Will I get a decent car in that price range?
What would be the factors to consider if I buy a vehicle that has run around 1 lac KMs. (Concerned because I expect to find these type of vehicles with a lot of KMS on them).
Is it always the case that if I buy such a vehicle, it will always have a maintenance overhead?

kaustubh_vaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 11:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Both the Bolero and Sumo should serve you well if you get a good piece. The Bolero will be more rugged and cheaper to run, but crude in comparison to the Sumo which will be more spacious and more comfortable due to the better ride quality.

May be a shot in the dark, but are Qualis' available in that budget? Would be a superb all-rounder.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote