Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 14th May 2007, 16:39   #31
BHPian

Even if Safari's ride is soft, what about NVH levels? are they even comparable?
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 16:55   #32
Team-BHP Support

Camry anytime for ride comfort.

And guys Crv doesnt have that comfortable a ride to harp about, especially the rear seat. Its bumpy, if you are not wearing seat belt all chances that rear seat passenger will land up on the floor while braking hard.

Yes its very comfortable compared to Safari but again Crv is a soft roader and Safari is an Indian SUV so comparing them is silly.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 17:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

assuming you have the money .....

single ya sixer? regular ya extra premium? safari ya camry?
ye bhi koyi poochney ki baath hai sir?

camry dude camry!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 18:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Actually you can think about Adventure too, it manages bad indian roads with ease, very nice suspension, if you can live with Adventure interiors definately worth buy and you can save huge amount!

Otherwise go with Camry its best car with great ride too (I just discussed this with auto expert as well ..)

Safari has better suspension for Indian bad roads but problem with it is its more noisy than camry.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 18:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes its very comfortable compared to Safari but again Crv is a soft roader and Safari is an Indian SUV so comparing them is silly.
Hmmmm....if you're comparing Safari to CRV on comfort, there really is no comparison. The Safari wins hands down. Refinement is another issue, but we really cant compare a Jap petrol to a home grown Diesel.

I suggested CRV assuming he is going to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Actually you can think about Adventure too, it manages bad indian roads with ease, very nice suspension, if you can live with Adventure interiors definately worth buy and you can save huge amount!

I have a really bad back with 17 stitches down my spine. I test drove the Adventure too - suffice it to say that if I had made that choice I would've spent a few multiples of the 'saved' money on medical bills. The Adventure has a firm-ish ride. I know people here compare it to Mercs and stuff, but I go by what my back says and that says 'NO'.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th May 2007 at 18:30.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 19:55   #36
Team-BHP Support

@ steer: so safari is more comfy wrt "ride quality" as in the bumps that filter to your bums, than compared to Crv on a regular commute?
Old 14th May 2007, 19:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@ steer: so safari is more comfy wrt "ride quality" as in the bumps that filter to your bums, than compared to Crv on a regular commute?
Be my guest the next time I'm in B'lore. I'll buy you a beer at TGIF.
Old 14th May 2007, 20:07   #38
Team-BHP Support

now you've offered something which i cant resist, done deal
Old 19th May 2007, 21:12   #39
BHPian

Guys,

Sorry I could not reply earlier, was on a trip. My main criteria is pure ride quality as in soft suspension. All others come a distant second.

So far I had considered Camry as the most comfortable. But I read on this forum (Mostly from Steeroid) that Safari is really comfy at half the cost and I LOVE its looks. So I was hoping that if it is anywhere near as comfy purely in terms of the softness of the ride to Camry, then I'd love to get a Safari. I don't care much for the quality of interiors or frequent breakdowns. I can do up the interiors to some extent and I have a TATA service station very close by.

I'm planning to put LPG on my Fiat Petra and make it the rough and tumble work car to justify buying a new one. Has anyone tried LPG on Petra before ?

Anyway, back to the topic, I guess the answer in terms of ride comfort is

1) Camry
2) CRV
3) Safari

with a big margin between each. This means CRV is a more softer ride than Safari and Camry is MUCH MORE softer than Safari.

I do want to have an SUV really, but still can't give up the comfort factor. I have heard people say CRV is not that good in ride softness compared to Camry. If Safari is so behind Camry then I guess its not for me ?
comfortfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 21:26   #40
BHPian

Guys, I don't understand why people always talk about 'Class/Segment' of vehicle. The marketing people have to use some parameters to fix pricing so they create these categories. Its always possible that your specific needs can cross segments. I'd happily spent lots of money for soft suspension and seating space. I almost always have a driver so I don't give a damn about how great the drive is or the driver's seat is, Most cars get dented in the traffic in Mumbai anyway, so I don't care much about looks outside. I don't have the time to take good care of the car myself (and driver's don't care either) so I end up selling the car after 3-4 years max. This means I don't care too much about resale value or durability and so on..

If a car has good space and a soft soft ride, that is the one for me. Others like looks (I Love Safari's looks), lower cost, quality of interiors, driveability etc are all side considerations. Hence my question whether Safari has as soft a ride as Camry ?

I'm guessing from the above posts that the answer is NO!.
comfortfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 21:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortfreak View Post
Sorry I could not reply earlier, was on a trip. My main criteria is pure ride quality as in soft suspension. All others come a distant second.
Dude, buy a VX Dicor. Enjoy.
Old 19th May 2007, 22:08   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortfreak View Post

I'm planning to put LPG on my Fiat Petra and make it the rough and tumble work car to justify buying a new one. Has anyone tried LPG on Petra before ?
Have a 1.2 Palio on LPG no issues as such, but its a city runner
Quote:
Anyway, back to the topic, I guess the answer in terms of ride comfort is

1) Camry
2) CRV
3) Safari

with a big margin between each. This means CRV is a more softer ride than Safari and Camry is MUCH MORE softer than Safari.

I do want to have an SUV really, but still can't give up the comfort factor. I have heard people say CRV is not that good in ride softness compared to Camry. If Safari is so behind Camry then I guess its not for me ?
Safari will be softer than the new CRV. New CRV is made for handling. If you are looking for a sofa its the Safari for you.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 22:12   #43
Team-BHP Support

I guess you can even consider the new Montero expected out soon. that should have a pretty soft ride.

Does the Safari Pitch heavily. Is that a consideration for ride quality or just how it takes on bumps/potholes/speed breakers.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 22:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wink

At the price the Safari comes its totally VFM and has a very comfortable ride as well as space. The rear bench is a Sofa.

P.S Now i know where you got your nick from
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 22:20   #45
Team-BHP Support

No pitiching. Have done highways and city. Its comfortable all right. Great legroom headroom and comfortable seats.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote