Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2007, 11:59   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Does this mean you are going to wait till end Sep only ???

If yes, then you can buy the 3.0l and carry on with your travel plans !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Though the dealer said that they have the month of September and will see by the end of this month if they can give it at 7.3 L once I told that I will not pay a rupee more than 7.3 L for a product that is being phased out - and looks like they will eventually agree at 7.3-7.4 L.

Now if they agree at 7.3 L to max 7.4L by end of September, this is a great buy.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 14:18   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 448
Thanked: 77 Times
Talking

Just back from a TATA showroom in Pune.
While taking a TD of the beast,went near TML plant too.
I wanted to see the yard opposite their plant,from where all TATA car's are loaded onto trucks and shipped off to dealers.
I thought a visit there would help me make the color choice easier.
I was quite surprised that I couldnt spot even a single dicor and belive me,I was there last weekend and same was the case.All we could spot was Indica's\Indigo's and Sumo's.
That made me wonder if the news that 3.0 DICOR production being stopped is true.

But as my wife insisted on seeing some color's before making a choice,the sales executive offered to take us to their stock yard.To my surprise I saw around 15 DICOR's parked there.Almost all colors were available there.So my suspicion grew that TML might have pushed existing stock to dealer's.

I was offered Free insurance on a Light Gold LX.This one is from August batch and had Bridgestone Dueller's.I prefered this as some come with Appllo tyre's.I am trying to push the dealer to get the grey claddings\mirror casings to body color.They are a bit hesitant.I am trying my best.

Regarding financing options,TMF is at 14.75% ROI for 4 years and ICICI\HDFC is at 13%.Now have to check with the other dealer in Pune to see if they could offer a better deal.
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 17:47   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

This is indeed surprising, you should have seen more safari's (you cannot make out between 2.2/3.0, unless you see the badge) or are they transported/ transporting them almost immediately to their regional stockyards awaiting a pan india launch.

14.75% ROI is quite high, how about checking with nationalised banks like SBI etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Just back from a TATA showroom in Pune.
While taking a TD of the beast,went near TML plant too.
I wanted to see the yard opposite their plant,from where all TATA car's are loaded onto trucks and shipped off to dealers.
I thought a visit there would help me make the color choice easier.
I was quite surprised that I couldnt spot even a single dicor and belive me,I was there last weekend and same was the case.All we could spot was Indica's\Indigo's and Sumo's.
That made me wonder if the news that 3.0 DICOR production being stopped is true.

But as my wife insisted on seeing some color's before making a choice,the sales executive offered to take us to their stock yard.To my surprise I saw around 15 DICOR's parked there.Almost all colors were available there.So my suspicion grew that TML might have pushed existing stock to dealer's.

I was offered Free insurance on a Light Gold LX.This one is from August batch and had Bridgestone Dueller's.I prefered this as some come with Appllo tyre's.I am trying to push the dealer to get the grey claddings\mirror casings to body color.They are a bit hesitant.I am trying my best.

Regarding financing options,TMF is at 14.75% ROI for 4 years and ICICI\HDFC is at 13%.Now have to check with the other dealer in Pune to see if they could offer a better deal.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 19:45   #34
adc
Senior - BHPian
 
adc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,346
Thanked: 2,100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
I was offered Free insurance on a Light Gold LX.This one is from August batch and had Bridgestone Dueller's.I prefered this as some come with Appllo tyre's.I am trying to push the dealer to get the grey claddings\mirror casings to body color.They are a bit hesitant.I am trying my best.

Regarding financing options,TMF is at 14.75% ROI for 4 years and ICICI\HDFC is at 13%.Now have to check with the other dealer in Pune to see if they could offer a better deal.

Go on bargaining, we do have the whole of September and till may be middle of October, these dealers will offer more discounts as the launch date comes forward and some Dicors are still in the stock.

Vijaya bank rates at 3 year loan at 10.5% and 5 year loan at 11%, do merit a look.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 11:54   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

I checked the SBI site, its between 12 to 12.5% ROI. Vijaya bank sounds real low

You can never tell after Sep (the last credible month for launch, as per the AGM) about the launch, then it might be anyday upto first quarter of next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Go on bargaining, we do have the whole of September and till may be middle of October, these dealers will offer more discounts as the launch date comes forward and some Dicors are still in the stock.

Vijaya bank rates at 3 year loan at 10.5% and 5 year loan at 11%, do merit a look.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 14:59   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan,USA
Posts: 448
Thanked: 77 Times
Talking Its confirmed now------well almost

Guys..
Just spoke with Sales Exec in BU Bhandari ...
He told me 3.0 Ltr has been discontinued and they have only a Blue color LX version in stock as of today. He told a 2.2 DICOR delivering 130bhp is coming this month end.TATA hasnt given them details on the pricing yet.I asked him if the 2.2 has come to their showroom\yard.But he didnt give a direct answer to that.Anyone who has good contacts with BUB or Pandit can check if 2.2 has come to the showrooms.

Steer:Probably you can check with your dealer in Kochi too.You were the first one to TD and give insight to DICOR.Maybe you can do the honours for the 2.2 version too
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 09:40   #37
adc
Senior - BHPian
 
adc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,346
Thanked: 2,100 Times
Default

It is decision time whether to go for the 3.0 LX at huge discounted price or to go for the soon to be released EX Dicor 2.2.

For LX Dicor 3.0 - On road price - 7,50,000 [with accessories fitted]

Now considering that I buy the LX Dicor with finance of 6 Lacs at 11.4%and with downpayment of 1.5 Lacs with a 4-year loan -

EMI AROUND - Rs 15,630

Total interest amount in 4 years= Rs 1,50,000



For EX Dicor 2.2 On road - 9,50,000 [no discount]

EX Dicor 2.2 with finance at 11.4% with finance of 7 Lacs at 11.4% and with downpayment of 2.5 Lacs with a 4-year loan


EMI AROUND - Rs 18,230

Total interest amount in 4 years= Rs 1,75,000



Now considering the fuel economy part considering diesel at Rs 35/L:

LX Dicor 3.0 @ 11kpl for 100,000 at around 8 years driving

Approx Fuel cost = Rs 3,20,000


EX Dicor 2.2 @ 16.5kpl for 100,000 at around 8 years driving

Approx Fuel cost = Rs 2,20,000


So around saving of Rs 1 Lac over a 8-year period [around Rs 1 per km]



Now considering the Rs 100000 I save on down payment @4 years, with 10% interest for 4 years will be around - Rs 46500 plus I will be saving on EMI around Rs 2600/month.


Considering all the data, on a pure economic basis and not performance - is it still prudent to go for the LX Dicor 3.0 over the 2.2 EX.


Hope I have been able to point out my view and please do some number crunching for me and let me know the results.

Thanks much in advance.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 14:28   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

To evaluate these on a pure economic basis, please mention how much do you run currently on your present car and what is the share of that run City Vs Highway trips ???

Which bank have you shortlisted for your loan ??? (this is for curosity sake)

You can also download a Cost Benefit Analysis excel file from here

Last edited by dadu : 29th September 2007 at 14:40. Reason: Added CBA sheet link
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 14:46   #39
adc
Senior - BHPian
 
adc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,346
Thanked: 2,100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
To evaluate these on a pure economic basis, please mention how much do you run currently on your present car and what is the share of that run City Vs Highway trips ???

Which bank have you shortlisted for your loan ??? (this is for curosity sake)

You can also download a Cost Benefit Analysis excel file from here

I have taken a figure of 12K per year - in 1 Lac KM in 8 years. I have considered 80% highway driving. On that basis I have taken the fuel efficiency as

FE of LX Dicor 3.0 as 11 Km/L

FE of EX Dicor2.2 as 16.5 Km/L [considering the FE range of 2.2 as 15-18]




The loan rates are from ICICI and Axis bank, both quoting similar figures at 11.3/11.4%.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 16:50   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

I can only comment that the existing LX which sold for 7+ is not even getting 6l in the seconds market now for vehicles run around 4k kms.

So I suggest you wait till the launch and then check the prices again and decide(6.5l seems a good buy) . You dont want to loose money like this.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 17:06   #41
adc
Senior - BHPian
 
adc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,346
Thanked: 2,100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I can only comment that the existing LX which sold for 7+ is not even getting 6l in the seconds market now for vehicles run around 4k kms.

So I suggest you wait till the launch and then check the prices again and decide(6.5l seems a good buy) . You dont want to loose money like this.

Yes that's the best thing to do, the 3.0 is a depreciation disaster. Plus 2.2 LX is out in 2-3 months. Hope they change the wheel cover and front grill by that time.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 20:08   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
FE of EX Dicor2.2 as 16.5 Km/L [considering the FE range of 2.2 as 15-18]
I am very skeptical about the above number considering the size and weight of Safari.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 11:26   #43
BHPian
 
sameer_dg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The economies of the Dicor is not limited to the fuel economy of 100K kms, you to read all the threads on the dicor and consolidate and make a list of problems all the owners have mentioned and average out the cost and time irretations associated with it uptill 100K kms. Then also calculate what will be the resale of a 100K run safari. You ask me Inr 100K that to to be sold as spares.
sameer_dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 13:36   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

You can even exchange the wheel cover that from the dealer, they might be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Yes that's the best thing to do, the 3.0 is a depreciation disaster. Plus 2.2 LX is out in 2-3 months. Hope they change the wheel cover and front grill by that time.
Yeah! I agree, even the italian safari 2.2 specifications from TATA dont show these figures (its lower).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I am very skeptical about the above number considering the size and weight of Safari.
Keep us posted on what you finally decide.

Last edited by dadu : 30th September 2007 at 13:37.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 14:19   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,308 Times
Default

Quote:
EX Dicor 2.2 @ 16.5kpl for 100,000 at around 8 years driving

Approx Fuel cost = Rs 2,20,000
No ways that 2,000 kilo beast is going to give you 16.5 kpl. Heck, even my puny Indigo doesnt manage that.

A rough guesstimate would be anywhere between 8 - 10 kpl (depending on the city its driven in).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor: Burnt, Recovered and Reclaiming @ 1,62,000 Kms EDIT : Now SOLD! mercedised Long-Term Ownership Reviews 34 19th February 2015 06:46
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life! bglsrini Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 324 27th November 2009 16:27
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4 X 2 or Safari Dicor EX 4 x 2 Digitalmafia SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 55 1st June 2009 17:31
Safari 3.0 dicor or 2.2 VTT dicor ? tabrez02 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 49 30th December 2008 12:56
a TATA dealer in the NCR or around for buying the safari dicor 3.0 doctorkats Indian Car Dealerships 45 22nd October 2007 01:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks