Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 8th January 2008, 15:26   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
He'll niether have time to land up at TOYOTA dealeship for body repairs, and suspension changes now and then driving over bad roads.

We are in INDIA man, dont tell me all the long routes are good strech.

He can seriously have a bad back with the INNOVA.

Where's the Confusion.

Go man......
dude what are you talking. in a safari you wont have to go to the dealership for body repairs or suspension changes? he can have a bad back? how? the innova isnt a sportscar with 21" wheels with a stiff suspension for handling.. it also has good ride, better than most cars though not upto the safari. the innovas build quality happens to be better than the safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
yes, infact we are actually forced to buy a new vehicle, since this time around the TASS found a shear crack in the chasis near the front right steering joint, and has advised us to change the entire chasis but we decided to go for a new vehicle.
look at this pavan kadam - hell have to land up at tass for a chassis change.

ive got nothing against the safari but your repeatedly telling him to buy the safari coming up with stupid comebacks like the car will have to go to toyota to change the suspension. and bad back? LMAO.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 15:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Well ur requirements tilt the scale towards Innova. Its MUCH more reliable, driveable and maintainence free as compared to a Safari.Also a well maintained Innova looks good and IMO more 'uber cool' than a Safari.

Safari is pure macho toy!. Its a experience in itself but too many niggles/hassels can be a headache.

Finally test drive BOTH to come to a self satisfying decision

Elito
well, i beg to differ...unless i am missing something...
first, reliability...i did not find any problem till now with my beast...also not much of a problem with the beast for anybody else...something like a show stopper unless you are ok with few initial niggles here and there...but that can be sorted out...though i have not heard anything like this from innova...but it may also be the case that unlike safari owners, i also don't see too many long term ownership reports etc for innova...
drivable...i would say anyday its safari...driving is such easy and also in city...vehicles make way for you...
maintainence , check out some of the long term ownership reports on how much have they spent on all their services..and try comparing with that of Toyota...
babureddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 15:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
iraghava - i know, thats a lot of traveling esp at his age.

We currently have a Safari 2.0 TCIC for him, how does the comfort and the ride quality of the innova compare esp over bad roads with the safari? I did test drive the innova but only over good roads. We ruled out the scorpio since it gets into rocking motion even on good roads.

akshay - thats nice to know, because the roads where he travels, underbody scraping is a concern, esp for sedans.
since he is already using the safari 2.0 TCIC, from my experience 3.0 was a far better one...though donno about the 2.2, but from the reviews people are very happy with it..
and the way you are talking about the roads...where the sedans get underbody scraping...obviously they are not good roads and better safari than innova...safari can take them without any problem...
Old 8th January 2008, 15:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Whenever one considers like "whether Safari or Innova" or "Scorpio or Innova", it is better then to go for Innova. For pure functionality and practicality go for the Innova.

Majority of those who have bought Safari or aspire to buy have looked at nothing other than Safari or max at Scorpio, and nothing deters them be it the constant "niggle/failure story" or the resale value.

Speaking from my experience with Safari 2.2 and having driven for 5000 km in 2.5 months, I till now yet to come across any issues, whether be it the "small niggles" or any "engine failures." Safari LX, for me, at its price range gives me the maximum value for money. I have stopped looking at the interiors long back.
adc, that is what happens...once you start using this beast...you will stop noticing the small niggles or the interiors...they seem to be negligible...
same experience here too...
Old 8th January 2008, 15:56   #35
BANNED

Look here man, i am not prompting any body to buy anything,

I have always maintained,"Go take a test drive" Attitude in this thread.

What am i going to gain if anybody buys what he has to buy.

I have added Innova is still a good Car.

But for me Safari is the best.

Thats my opinion, and i stand by mine.

Why put down one automobile against other.

I am not putting down any car, Its only my opinions as a Safari owner, that i am giving inputs.

Why are you getting offended.I am not at all offensive.

This thread is going away some where, the real buyers are not even discussing their views.

Why should we guys still go bonkers about it.?
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 16:03   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Look here man, i am not prompting any body to buy anything,
I have always maintained,"Go take a test drive" Attitude in this thread.
What am i going to gain if anybody buys what he has to buy.
I have added Innova is still a good Car.
But for me Safari is the best.
Thats my opinion, and i stand by mine.
Why put down one automobile against other.
I am not putting down any car, Its only my opinions as a Safari owner, that i am giving inputs.
Why are you getting offended.I am not at all offensive.
This thread is going away some where, the real buyers are not even discussing their views.
Why should we guys still go bonkers about it.?

actually you are prompting him very badly to buy a safari.

everyones opinion differs.

you bought the safari so itll most likely be the best in your view.

read your earlier posts and youll see what you said about the innova.

im not getting offended. the only thing that irritated me was that last post you made which i quoted earlier. its just that you were gicing him unrealistic info. you can go on as long as you want praising the safari but dont give unrealistic info about any other car.

that all i wanted to say. we cool?

now let IMP take test drives and see what he buys. lol

edit - and before you think.. im not against the safari. i love the car. infact my dad works in the tatas. lol.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th January 2008 at 16:05.
Old 8th January 2008, 16:26   #37
BANNED

Ha, good to know this, hope your dad reads this post.

WE COOL....!

Whatever i wrote only meant:

Where's the Confusion.

Go man......

I only meant Go man Test Drive the cars

Pls IMP let us know whats happened.

What about your Pete's kit . How's that working on your INNOVA.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 17:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

For back seat comfort, perhaps Safari edges Innova. For everything else, Innova without a doubt. Innova on its own has terrific comfort as I found out while going to Shimla and nearby hills in a hired Innova last year.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 17:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

SAFARI is a good family mover with lots of excitement and better comfort , better driveability, and better road presence than the INNOVA
Rightly said, Safari has better comfort, but definitely more excitement and thrills at the prospect of tumbling off, having tea, dinner, and lodging at roadside stalls while it breaks down, and so on. It is a real exciting ride.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 17:27   #40
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Rightly said, Safari has better comfort, but definitely more excitement and thrills at the prospect of tumbling off, having tea, dinner, and lodging at roadside stalls while it breaks down, and so on. It is a real exciting ride.

It is these kind of statements and remarks that denigrate a discussion/debate into a slander match - and most probably you are doing it deliberately - just to invite some more divisive comments.
adc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 17:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

I would sugges the 2.2 VTT VX for your Grand dad, if he can sought out the initial niggles. The Safari looks very very good, has fantastic features and is very VFM. Butttttt when it came for me to decide in a similar situation, it was a no-brainer i zeroed in on the Innova, since its a Toyota. The reason for not going for the Safari were

New Safari X2 gonna be launched some time this year (Oct-Dec)
Dont have the patinece to get the niggles soughted out.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 18:55   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What about your Pete's kit . How's that working on your INNOVA.
for info on that go to my garage and click on the link for the petes review.
Old 8th January 2008, 21:35   #43
BHPian

I have not seen the new Safari 2.2, but I read its review on Carwale.com. Those guys talk about the fit and finish not so great + a very narrow power band.

What do safari owners have to say about it?

For me if the choice is between an Innova or a Safari, I will wait a bit more for the SUV market to mature more.
tanmay_ambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 09:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
It is these kind of statements and remarks that denigrate a discussion/debate into a slander match - and most probably you are doing it deliberately - just to invite some more divisive comments.
OT: I couldn't have put it better ADC
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 10:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion for bad roads: New Safari, it has best ride and Innova comes next.

I travelled in my Innova on bad road with speed 50 to 60km and I didn't feel that bad but I can see Safari gives slightly better comfort when travelled in same road with same speed.

But body roll in safari is more than that of Innova but it all depends on how well we drive in bad roads and curves.

Buy Innova for practicality and reliability and if more than 4 people travel with lot of luggage.

Choose Safari for best comfort for 4 people with lot of luggage.

Based on what we see most of the Safari come with issues. so be prepared to face them if your Safari has issues. but i strongly feel by now TATA have worked out well and new Safari has very less issue, I am waiting for one good day to buy the BEAST.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote