Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 18:46   #46
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

yes of course SIR. You gotta pay them up upfront to get your vehicle registered.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 10:26   #47
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

What are the color options with LX?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 11:51   #48
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

yes it is reasonable enough...

But please chk the vehicle once again and chk that registration papers have same engine and chasis details as the car that you have selected, has...
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 12:36   #49
BHPian
 
reachmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Trimming and Shaving the front bumpers and either cutting off the splash guard (the 1 inch or so protruded stuff) has to be trimmed off inorder to the Alloys and tires. however, please note this is only necessary if you are up-sizing the tires.
reachmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 23:11   #50
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

@JK DAS - There are no differences in colour options accross lx, ex & vx

@reachmash - I finally found a friend who does confirm the trim...am not sure if you have done it in your car...but I had to do it in mine. I was not aware of trimming issues before the alloys were put. Once they were installed & I could not turn the wheels, my heart bled.

Well, I am still hoping to cover the "dirty mod job" with some decent finish.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 23:29   #51
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
@JK DAS - There are no differences in colour options accross lx, ex & vx

@reachmash - I finally found a friend who does confirm the trim...am not sure if you have done it in your car...but I had to do it in mine. I was not aware of trimming issues before the alloys were put. Once they were installed & I could not turn the wheels, my heart bled.

Well, I am still hoping to cover the "dirty mod job" with some decent finish.

I doubt.I was told that you dont get Pearl White for LX. Can you confirm about this?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 23:30   #52
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

I'm quoting what the sales guy at Manipal motors in Blr told me. I have a cycus grey LX truck.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 23:33   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
Trimming and Shaving the front bumpers and either cutting off the splash guard (the 1 inch or so protruded stuff) has to be trimmed off inorder to the Alloys and tires. however, please note this is only necessary if you are up-sizing the tires.

reachmash,

Is this necessary if one is keeping the original alloys and just upsizing the tyres ?
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 23:36   #54
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 181 Times
Default

Sir...i bught a 16" plati & retained the stock tyres. Damn thing bloated the tyres & I should say that it looks fantastic. I did not have to upsize the tyres for it to look "big"

Someone earlier quoted that there are even specs in alloys to be considered, which I was ignorant of.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 08:21   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I doubt.I was told that you dont get Pearl White for LX. Can you confirm about this?
It's true that one color is not available on LX. I forgot which one.
suncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 11:16   #56
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncity View Post
It's true that one color is not available on LX. I forgot which one.
It is Pearl White. It is not available in LX version
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 13:04   #57
BHPian
 
reachmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
@JK DAS - There are no differences in colour options accross lx, ex & vx

@reachmash - I finally found a friend who does confirm the trim...am not sure if you have done it in your car...but I had to do it in mine. I was not aware of trimming issues before the alloys were put. Once they were installed & I could not turn the wheels, my heart bled.

Well, I am still hoping to cover the "dirty mod job" with some decent finish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
reachmash,

Is this necessary if one is keeping the original alloys and just upsizing the tyres ?
hi,

I think as long you go for upsizing, its inevitable that the trimming and shaving of front bumper, removal of mudflaps (fort only) and little trimming either through cutting / hammering a little amount of metal is necessary.

more details can be checked with thos who has first hand info


first hand info can be checked here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/602400-post94.html (All about Tata Safari tyres) also you can check with babureddy

to know more about Safari Tyres please check the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...i-tyres-7.html (All about Tata Safari tyres)
reachmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 19:39   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

LX price to be up by 33k by next month.

Reason: Grande's on its way and hence ..grrrr.

Make your booking now
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 22:14   #59
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
LX price to be up by 33k by next month.

Reason: Grande's on its way and hence ..grrrr.

Make your booking now
Will there be any additions to existing LX to justify the new price? Else a bad move IMHO.

Sumo does not have a family car image and if it doesnt find acceptance, then tatas will concede the price advantage that safari enjoys to M&M.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 22:39   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Will there be any additions to existing LX to justify the new price? Else a bad move IMHO.

Sumo does not have a family car image and if it doesnt find acceptance, then tatas will concede the price advantage that safari enjoys to M&M.
I doubt.

VX- LX is 1.5lac OTR. Pretty bad math. VX-LX = 1lac sounds ok
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying MM540 - Need Inputs akeel SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 59 21st September 2010 21:58
Need to restore mclaren1885's baleno back to shape. Need all your valuable inputs. mclaren0111 Modifications & Accessories 142 5th September 2009 22:27
Need inputs on Panasonic CQ-C7203U madbullram In-Car Entertainment 19 26th February 2009 12:53
Request for inputs: Safari 2.2 / Scorpio mHWK owners. biju_kp Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 6th June 2008 10:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks