Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 19th April 2008, 20:11   #196
BHPian

Default The One and Only Innova I could spot at Singapore

People there know about the car and appreciated it very much, but Phillipines and Malaysia seems to have more Innovas in proportion.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Variant and TCO Analysis Workshop 2008-innova-singapore.jpg  

btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:41   #197
BHPian

Default How Much fuel consumption while idling an Innova for 1 hour

Guys I was wondering How Much fuel consumption would it take to idling an Innova for 1 hour?

These are for situations when you are travelling and gotta catch a nap.
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:24   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Guys I was wondering How Much fuel consumption would it take to idling an Innova for 1 hour?

These are for situations when you are travelling and gotta catch a nap.
5 mins with ac on is 1km less in your kmpl figures
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:13   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
5 mins with ac on is 1km less in your kmpl figures

That comes out 50-60 Rs for 1 hour.
BMW77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:51   #200
BHPian

Default Hazards of owning an Innova: Im havin a bad time

Hazards of owning an Innova (in short points)

I'm having a bad time:
  • Neighbours get jealous (they sent kids to scratch my car)
  • One Stupid Pulsar deliberately scratched my car with his handle at the Office parking
  • Car Washer refuses to wash (even after getting thrice the money) Now I have to take it to a petrol pump every third day and get it cleaned for 100 bucks a wash.
  • Boss Gets Jealous ( My Indian Boss in Singapore criticized me at a party for buying this car, said he never had a "toyota" when he was as young as me...) BTW he owns a Toyota Corolla himself.
  • People on the road think you are a Notorious Real Estate Agent and smirk at you
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:26   #201
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Hazards of owning an Innova (in short points)

I'm having a bad time:
  • People on the road think you are a Notorious Real Estate Agent and smirk at you
Hey Buddy,
Was trying to figure out the connexion between A Real Estate Agent ( notorious kinda ) and an Innova.
Just asking as im a Realtor myself
pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:57   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Hey Buddy,
Was trying to figure out the connexion between A Real Estate Agent ( notorious kinda ) and an Innova.
Just asking as im a Realtor myself

In Hyderabad you will find majority of Private Innovas funded from Real Estate Money... either developers or rich-overnight farmers. Thats the connection.
Old 25th April 2008, 17:01   #203

Dear Btirthankar/Ravi Bhat/Xehaust/Akshay/etal

Am really impressed with the enormity of information in T-Bhp as well as in this thread, fantastic!, the depth of knowledge of members is excellent. Read your postings on the Innvoa and it is a very good guide for people who would want to buy one, wonderful!

We brought a new Innova 2.5G4 metallic Silver colour last friday, Apr 18. Upgraded from Maruthi Zen LX, which we were using since the last 7 years. My first impression on the Innova is that it is an excellent car! even though to start with, was apprehensive of its size and driveability. It was a breeze - driving it from the very fist time, even in the high density roads of Bangalore! As on today, clocked 327km.

The only extra fittings so far have been the mats,mud flaps and the guard for the rear bumper.

Would like to know if seat coverings will be a must (this is subjective) because incase of G4, the stock seat finishing is not not high fabric stock unlike the one in V.

Rear spoiler - is it advisible to get it from the dealer, though the cost is high because it has to match the body colour? Here in Bangalore, Nandi Toyota is quoting 8000 for spoiler without lights and 300 more with lights.

Please let me know your inputs

Happy to be in an exclusive previlaged club of Innova Owners!, will share my experiences as the days go by

Thanks,
Kkrn
kkrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 18:05   #204
BHPian

Default congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrn View Post
Dear Btirthankar/Ravi Bhat/Xehaust/Akshay/etal

Am really impressed with the enormity of information in T-Bhp as well as in this thread, fantastic!, the depth of knowledge of members is excellent. Read your postings on the Innvoa and it is a very good guide for people who would want to buy one, wonderful!

We brought a new Innova 2.5G4 metallic Silver colour last friday, Apr 18. Upgraded from Maruthi Zen LX, which we were using since the last 7 years. My first impression on the Innova is that it is an excellent car! even though to start with, was apprehensive of its size and driveability. It was a breeze - driving it from the very fist time, even in the high density roads of Bangalore! As on today, clocked 327km.

The only extra fittings so far have been the mats,mud flaps and the guard for the rear bumper.

Would like to know if seat coverings will be a must (this is subjective) because incase of G4, the stock seat finishing is not not high fabric stock unlike the one in V.

Rear spoiler - is it advisible to get it from the dealer, though the cost is high because it has to match the body colour? Here in Bangalore, Nandi Toyota is quoting 8000 for spoiler without lights and 300 more with lights.

Please let me know your inputs

Happy to be in an exclusive previlaged club of Innova Owners!, will share my experiences as the days go by

Thanks,
Kkrn
Welcome to Club Innova! You might have had the choice of other vehicles but I am sure Innova will give you the "most car per car"

My personal suggestions:
  • Spoilers are useless / They dont work like they do in porche
  • Seat Covers / U will never get the original ones easily (the local ones will emit rexine smell)
  • Drive with your eyes roving almost 270 degrees (there are many blind spots... as many as 5)
Old 25th April 2008, 18:24   #205
Team-BHP Support

dont get the seat covers. just get the interior cleaned once or twice a year. they wont fit the seat properly and it wont be very comfortable. do you really need the spoiler? 8k is what all toyota dealers offer it for.

also once you get used to the power etc get a petes box.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 18:46   #206
BHPian

Seat Covers are a personal choice. They liven up the interiors and protect the original seat fabric. If you do go in for them, get them done from a good brand who will do a professional job. Others who charge half the price and might give you ALMOST same quality material wont be able to do a good fitting which is absolutely essential for comfort.

Spoiler, again upto you. Definately looks good but why not put that money into good sunfilm to keep the car cool. Buy it later if you still feel like it
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 22:07   #207
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Kkrn, Enjoy your drive!Spoiler with lights will give you better looks. will cost 5000 rs with lights i think.Rear Bumper gaurd is worth in bangalore traffic, but don't go for front gaurd.I suggest buy bombay deying cotton cloths and have good tailor who specializes in preparing seat covers. these cotton seat covers don't give leather seat cover look but are very comfortable. I am using them from last 3+ years.I can help you if you need these stuffs with good service. shop known to me is located in vijayangar area.Regards,Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 18:19   #208
LLL
BHPian

Any one knows if toyota is launching a new variant of a refreshed innova next month?

Also, toyota just hiked the prices by 15-22k for innova.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 11:18   #209

Thanks. Rethinking on the spoiler if it does not serve any purpose other than looks. Definately, will put that money for Sun control films as it helps.
Ravi, please let me know the details

Thanks!
kkrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 08:25   #210
BHPian

Default Roll Back to 50/60

Quote:
I got a pair of Philips 90/100 for free (exchanged for some Opel spares)

Can I fit them?
  1. without worrying about holder melting?
  2. without worring abt relay etc?
  3. without worrying abt reflector blackening?
Then I am not being able to change it myself....any clues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis
Hi

Just came across an old post of yours regarding headlights for your innova. Couple of questions.

Did you install them?
Any modifications needed?
Any problems with the plastic/glass lenses

I have a innova V and do a fair amount of highway trips. Though not non stop and through the night

Thanks & Regards

Innova 100/90w bulbs I just bought Philips 100/90w bulbs for my innova.

Can I replace the ones just as it is? :
  1. without worrying about holder melting
  2. without worring abt relay etc?

I did fit 100/90w bulbs OSRAM with original holders but now went back to fit the OE spare 50/60 bulbs to discover that they did not make any noticeable difference. I will stick to them now.

I am a night driver, guys. Had it been so dim, I would not have rolled back.