Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 6th February 2010, 11:17   #211
BHPian

Thumbs up A Hearty Thanks after 2 Years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
> So, Does a Self Driven Innova really need a Double A/c Vent?

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
It is a wonderful car and almost sedan like to drive but Parking in a city will be a hindrance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I strongly suggest G1 instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Look at the g1. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Will turn out costlier then how much a G version would cost you.

A Hearty Thanks to each one of you after 2 Years!!

I was never too much of a finicky buyer and am happy with my Vehicle.

Your suggestions and apprehensions were so correct and helped me take such a long term decision.

Thanks Again!
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 21:30   #212
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tirthankar, You are amazing planner and decider and user!! This thread can be used by prospective Innova buyer and eye opener for people who decide by heart or buy vehicle which don't suite their requirement.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 20:19   #213

Tirthankar, this thread and your valuable contribution has definately influenced in booking an Innova. Awaiting delivery early next week.
MountainLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 14:32   #214
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mountain, Innova and Safari are two of only very few dream vehicles available in India. Having owned 7+ vehicles these two are rated in top of the list.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 13:35   #215
BHPian

Goodbye Innova - A ZERO complaint vehicle.

I just wish TOYOTA took my trips seriously and Re-Position itself.
Old 13th July 2010, 13:38   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post

So your ownership of Innova has to an end happily? At what cost and what is the replacement for the same?

Anup
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 14:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Tirthankar,

What made you to take this decision? For me, this thread of yours was the main motivator to buy the Innova G1.
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 15:16   #218
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
So your ownership of Innova has to an end happily? At what cost and what is the replacement for the same?

Anup
To state it easy - the vehicles depreciation costed me a ballpark of just about a lakh per year. Its a ZERO maintenance vehicle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Hi Tirthankar,

What made you to take this decision? For me, this thread of yours was the main motivator to buy the Innova G1.
The Innova is an under-stated vehicle and an undersold vehicle and unfortunately in the matured stages of its life-cycle. Thats why perhaps Toyota did not take the initiative to seriously market it further.

For me, my endeavor was always to change the perception of the Vehicle in minds of the masses from that of a Taxi-MUV. Toyota Failed, Me too. Thats why I had created the Facebook Group: TOYOTA Innova Owners | Facebook

Technically, I had driven the vehicle to my hearts content and wanted a change. And there were some issues with the rapidly deteriorating thin paint and the thinner than conventional body panels that was 'dimpling' all of which made me constantly worry about the vehicle. I had brought this to the notice of Toyota but their dealer called me and offered rubbing compound treatment (to further thin the paint). No follow ups thereafter from the company.

I have a life other than tending for my vehicle for hours.
I am not one of those who would drive around the city in a dented and scratched automobile. I revere my vehicle's visual tidiness just as our clothing.

Also there were some NVH issues on my long haul trips which I could never get used to.

You can Never go wrong with a TOYOTA cause its defies Murphy's Law to the greatest extent.

All that apart I have not just high regards but am obsessed about the Innova for the marvel it is. For me symbolically its like a 'pretty divorced wife'.
You had to move on, but you do 'miss' the good times.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:29   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Technically, I had driven the vehicle to my hearts content and wanted a change. And there were some issues with the rapidly deteriorating thin paint and the thinner than conventional body panels that was 'dimpling' all of which made me constantly worry about the vehicle. I had brought this to the notice of Toyota but their dealer called me and offered rubbing compound treatment (to further thin the paint). No follow ups thereafter from the company.

Also there were some NVH issues on my long haul trips which I could never get used to.
Just on the paint bit. I have tried the com sray paint www.com-paint.com and found that it worked pretty well for the scratches on my black baleno and silver innova.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote