Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 3rd March 2008, 17:41   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post

items particulars prices center console G4 3500 seat cover velvet 4000 non velvet 2500 running board
3400/5200 door beading V 2400 film
1800-3500 Alloy wheels Under exchange 22K Bumper black matt fiber 6200 Sunroof manual 15000 Monoblock amp
10000 4 channel amp pioneer 6800 5 channel amp sony 5500 woofer 10" 4950 component speakers 2 pair 13000
can you type this out properly. i didnt understand what costs what.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:44   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
can you type this out properly. i didnt understand what costs what.
Yeah, a vertical display is easier to comprehend.

Btw, i think you can get 75K discount on Innova but the interest may be slightly jacked up on the finance. However, the effective discount is around 40-45K. I got this feedback from a friend who has researched a Innova purchase last month and he too decided to buy one, maybe in a couple of months. Lots of Innova's are from Harsha ( Hitec city dealer) but, check the Dobro dealership too at Basheerbagh to compare the best offer.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hi birthinkar. i saw your pictures of the g1 and im glad you like it. im surprised the centre console on the g1 and the g4 is totally different.

if your definitely buying the g1 here are my suggestions -

try and change the centre console(the thing between the front two seats) to the one on the g4. you will get extra storage space and play to keep knick knacks and other things. also you will have the centre armrest which helps on long drives,

get sunfilm all around and spend extra on this since its only a single ac and you should block out as much heat as possible so that the ac is effective in the summer months. (2-3k for sides and back, 5-7k for front)

alloys will cost around 20k. dont buy the toyota ones they are overpriced and you can get better designs. also change the tyres to michelin xmv8 (you can keep the stock size or go wider to 225/60 r15). when you order the innova make sure they give you bridgestone tyres since these have a much higher resale value when your changing your tyres. the goodyears dont fetch much. (5-10k for all 5 tyres together after exchange) also exchange your tires first thing when you get out of the showroom.

you dont have a head unit on the car so spend a little more than 15k. i suggest you buy a good headunit. component speakers for the front and stock speakers in the rear doors (since it is self driven you dont really need good speakers at the back) and buy an amp and a sub. should come within 30k?

the running boards dont make sense and they barely help and also spoil the look of the car.

sunglass holder you can get off the g4 version.

and last but definitely not the least -

PETES.
Ok.. straight question:
  1. I feel i'll be happy with stock tyres... d u agree it is ok technically?
  2. I'll go for alloys later
  3. Can I get 90% finance...whats the rate of intt going like?
  4. How much discount is it from the dealer
  5. How are the stock speakers?, (if I just put my opel mp3 player amp and sub in a box and get 2 tweeters instead) I save on wiring too!
  6. Nobody'll sit on the rearmost seats - I dont have a joint family and I hate giving hitches and picnics.,... as I get distracted with too many ppl chirping behind.. so A/c prob solved! They will be folded mostly to accomodate my laptop trolley bag and camera tripod and other usual things that I always carry.
  7. So sunfilm ...later...but can I get scratchless or low scratch sunfilm?
  8. How do I get fabric on the door trim middle (as in V)
  9. I hate spoilers.... so any other aftermarket fitments to make me poorer?
shoot ur comments//// anything..

now ...heres the innova gallery... alll the best oictures from the internet on the innova.

Picasa Web Albums - Tirthankar - Innova
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:57   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yeah, a vertical display is easier to comprehend.

Btw, i think you can get 75K discount on Innova but the interest may be slightly jacked up on the finance. However, the effective discount is around 40-45K. I got this feedback from a friend who has researched a Innova purchase last month and he too decided to buy one, maybe in a couple of months. Lots of Innova's are from Harsha ( Hitec city dealer) but, check the Dobro dealership too at Basheerbagh to compare the best offer.
  • till now I was quoted Insurance of 32 K as the discount.
  • The color and variant I want is present with Radha Krishna Toyota on stock (launched dec 2007) they sent the car for test drive within 30 mins and they also proactive... being a new entrant. I am comparing with Harsha still parallelly
  • If any of them fail in commitments I'll check out Dobro. (not to miss that I am also talking to Kolkata Toyota Dealer at the same time)
  • I really have to decide whether to buy from Kol or Hyd... so thinking...
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:41   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Ok.. straight question:
  1. I feel i'll be happy with stock tyres... d u agreeit is ok technically?
  2. the stock tyres you get are not very good. the goodyears are crap an the bridgestones are better. you should upgrade to michelin mxv8 in the stock size 205/65 r15. if you are planning to getting the petes box this is fine but you could also go wider.
  3. I'll go for alloys later
  4. no problem with that
  5. Can I get 90% finance...whats the rate of intt going like?
  6. -
  7. How much discountis it from the dealer
  8. How are the stock speakers?, (if I just put my opel mp3 player amp and sub in a box and get 2 tweeters instead) I save on wiring too!
  9. lets just say the stock speakers too arent good at all. if you suggest something like this is the ice section the guys there will have you banned. which amp, mp3 player and sub do you have in your opel? my suggestion - get a pioneer mp3 player 7-10k. a 4 channel amp jbl gt5604 8k. jbl gt5 or gto 6" components for the front 5k. jbl gt5 12" sub 5k. rear door speakers leave them stock. IMO the sound from these should be pretty good.
  10. Nobody'll sit on the rearmost seats - I dont have a joint family and I hate giving hitches and picnics.,... as I get distracted with too many ppl chirping behind.. so A/c prob solved! They will be folded mostly to accomodate my laptop trolley bag and camera tripod and other usual things that I always carry.
  11. So sunfilm ...later...but can I get scratchless or low scratch sunfilm?
  12. most of the good films in the market 3m, johnson, vkool are scratch resistant. i suggest you get sides and rear to start with 2.5-3k. then get front windscreen around 5k (makes a huge diff)
  13. How do I get fabric on the door trim middle (as in V)
  14. get the dealer to change the inside door panels from the g4. that would be the easiest. i would do things like this from the dealer itself. this and the g4 centre console.
  15. I hate spoilers.... so any other aftermarket fitments to make me poorer?
  16. just a muffler cutter.
shoot ur comments//// anything..

now ...heres the innova gallery... alll the best oictures from the internet on the innova.

Picasa Web Albums - Tirthankar - Innova
my comments in bold. i strongly recommend you upgrade your tyres and get sunfilm asap.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:49   #81
BHPian

Whoa there Tirthankar,
your back and with what a bang!!!
Im out right now so cant pay all that much attention or read all the posts you single handedly made in one day!!!
Slow down dude...

Promise to read and give you answers in the night or something after critical analysis
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 20:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Whoa there Tirthankar,
your back and with what a bang!!!
Im out right now so cant pay all that much attention or read all the posts you single handedly made in one day!!!
Slow down dude...

Promise to read and give you answers in the night or something after critical analysis
hEY buddy..take your time. I am now wrestling with the car finance guys.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:04   #83

Man that Toyota Innova is an ugly looking car. But im sure the engine makes up for the lack on looks
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Now based on your explaination its worth buying in Hyderabad itself provided you need not pay any extra tax in Kolkatta. You will get better resale value in south (Hyderabad).

About tyres stock is more than enough, bridgestone are better so check which ones vehicle has. only during tyre change after 30,000+ km run during the time you change the tyres plan for 225/60 R15 which will give better ride comfort/grip.

Thats all I can say, Hope this helps.

visit this url : http://www.kitup.co.in/pictures/inno...paint-1of1.jpg and also this site: KitUp! Automotive

He has some great few ugly mods in the website.

Innova look awasome in this, 3 years downtheline my Innova will be converted like this

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 3rd March 2008 at 22:02.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 00:48   #85
BHPian

Hey. Heres to another long post Lets see how to frame it...
Eureka! Nope. Ummmm. Eureka! Nope. Ummmm.

Got it, after a lot of thinking
Lets go about it this way: Will post seperate posts to make it easier to read and understand. In this post -

DIFFERENCES YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT G1:
- No Rear Wiper & Rear Window Defogger
(Will be a problem in the monsoons, believe me, they help a lot during rains.)
If possible, get them put on your G1. You are anyways thinking of ways to spend on accessories, these will be your best bet.

- No Fogs
These help if you want to be considerate to other drivers. Since the Innova is a high car, the headlamps blind opposite lane and if you put fogs, you can comfortably set low beam so as to not blind opposite lane and also get a clear albeit short distance view.
Old 4th March 2008, 00:51   #86
BHPian

Thumbs up Your Queries Answered >>>

- Alloys: Dont buy from Toyota, you can easily get 15 inch rims of your choice for 19 Grand Max. As you mentioned, you can get them changed later on. Be sure to get wheel balancing and alignment done when you do.

- Tyres: I got Bridgestones on mine. They were adequate according to me. So take everyone else's advice and make sure they give you Bridgestone. I dont think you need to upgrade the rubber when you buy the car.

Use them and change them after they are worn out. Have gotten mine changed to Michelin as my tyres were worn out (Over 30K kms).

- ICE: My suggestion is that if you are happy with your Astra ICE, do like you have mentioned and get them changed over to the Innova. I feel that if your not an ice enthusiast, then the standard speakers are fine. But you will need to change them later as the quality has deteriorated in mine.

I say get the best of both worlds. Right now do what you have said and get the stuff from the Astra put in the Innova and use the factory speakers. Later, just upgrade the speakers if you feel they are not upto the mark.
Old 4th March 2008, 00:54   #87
BHPian

Wink My Queries

- What is a RUNNING BOARD?
- What is DOOR BEADING?
Old 4th March 2008, 00:56   #88
BHPian

Arrow Everything Else

- Buy the console but haggle for the price.

- Buy Seat Covers

- Absolutely buy Sun Film, i dont know about the Front, but do get them put on the sides and back. Should not cost more than a couple of grand (2K).

- Sunroof depends on you.

- Personally, i feel there is no need for sunglass holder if you buy the center console.
Old 4th March 2008, 00:59   #89
BHPian

Exclamation Some more ADVICE

- The M5 Replica Alloys in your pics does'nt suit the Innova IMHO. But then again, thats a personal opinion.

- Haggle with the dealer for free stuff. I got the 8K worth of accesories with mine including the spoiler (you can see it in the pic on previous page), parking sensors and mats. I feel, haggle hard enough and tell him you will only buy from him if he gives you the mats and the centre console free

P.S. - Whats with you and underbody pics man

EDIT:
----------------------XXXX-----------------------
Thats the end of it. hehe

Last edited by Xehaust : 4th March 2008 at 01:01.
Old 4th March 2008, 08:59   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
- What is a RUNNING BOARD?
- What is DOOR BEADING?
Running board is the aluminum beam that is fitted sideways of the length of the car below the doors. I dont know whats the function (unless you may need the car on 26th jan parade to allow the security guards to .... ride on them (one foot)

Door beading are the plastiv/pvc strips for protection on the doors. aesthetic and scratch prevention.