Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 24th April 2008, 14:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rash28 View Post
Versa does not sell for its Boxy appearance. I like it any which ways. Plus it has a petrol engine. ( which is good accordign to me )

One more competetior is the Tata Sumo Victa. Its a good car. Try see if you can find some in Used car market.
Please Rash28! No Sumos here.

I also checked the only thread for ownership report for Versa on teambhp and found that people bought it and sold it. They repented buying it and they repented selling it more. I see that its an ugly duckling but a useful one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...004-versa.html (42K ownership report of 2004 Versa.)

Well making it a tough decision for me. Also it seems from the report that the Maruti Dealerships are not very proactive in selling this car.

One question here: What are the chances of a Versa to topple down in high speed turning?
vijaypalrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 15:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaypalrana View Post
They repented buying it and they repented selling it more. I see that its an ugly duckling but a useful one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...004-versa.html (42K ownership report of 2004 Versa.)

Well making it a tough decision for me. Also it seems from the report that the Maruti Dealerships are not very proactive in selling this car.

One question here: What are the chances of a Versa to topple down in high speed turning?
Nice to see that you are confused !!!!!!

Some Versa owners and have used it at 130 kph on Expressways.Wider profile tyres have helped as their reports suggest.

I have turned my car at right angle turns(not smooth curves) at about the same speed as I did with Esteem or Corsa or Aveo and found the car mighty stable.

A very strong crosswind it affects the car a bit(have experienced it myself) but in normal circumstances I have driven mine till 100 kmph and have found it rock steady. Drive it responsibly and you will have no problem.

You can see a photo of my car on my garage . One can always beautify a car to one's taste . I have dressed my car up to suit my taste and the ex owner and his son look at it with awe everytime they spot it on the road.

Yes,Maruti and their dealerships have killed this car because of their lackadaisical approach.A little more effort from Maruti to spruce up the car(as they did with the Wagon-R and the Alto) would have ensured this car succeeds.Even now the multijet diesel which does duty in the swift/DZire can be used in this car to make it the taxiwala's choice.Remember the Tata Winger which is more of an ugly duckling is doing good.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 16:42   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Even the non-CRDe Scorpios had pretty peppy engines. I suggest you include these in your search, along with 2.5 L Boleros.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 16:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

PM Steeroid and ask him if he wants to sell his Safari. It is immaculately maintained and come loaded to the gills. And a Safari is way better than a Scorpio.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 10:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
PM Steeroid and ask him if he wants to sell his Safari. It is immaculately maintained and come loaded to the gills. And a Safari is way better than a Scorpio.
I feel Safari or Scorpio (better of the two) is a highly debatable topic and I feel there may be other threads on them. My concerns with Safari are that the old safari engines are not very reliable (thats what I have read and heard), and the Tata Motors A.S.S. I know a lot of friends cribbing about it and I had gone to Concorde Motors some months back to inquire about the Palio 1.6 and I was not happy with the attitude of the sales people.

So over my original list I see only Versa was recommended. I saw a couple of Ford Fusions in last few days and was also thinking if I can consider it. I have read that the safety features of Fusion are very good and it also complies to my basic needs. But do we find Fusions in the used car market?
vijaypalrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 15:38   #21
BHPian

@Vijaypalrana: From my experience, finding a used Fusion is very difficult. Very few will comeup for sale and most of the times owners quote more than 5 laks for 3 year old Fusion. I suggest its better to go for a new Fusion (if that is what your heart wants).

As GTO suggested earlier, you include Bolero and non-CRDe Scorpio's in your search. My vote goes for Bolero though :-)

Best of luck in yor search.
-Vaspro
vaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 15:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

i second your point
used bolero - 2005 vintage - 3.5-4 lacs max - indestructible beast it is.
used non crde scorp - 2004-2005 vintage - 4- 4.5 lacs max - another indestructible beast pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
@Vijaypalrana: From my experience, finding a used Fusion is very difficult. Very few will comeup for sale and most of the times owners quote more than 5 laks for 3 year old Fusion. I suggest its better to go for a new Fusion (if that is what your heart wants).

As GTO suggested earlier, you include Bolero and non-CRDe Scorpio's in your search. My vote goes for Bolero though :-)

Best of luck in yor search.
-Vaspro
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 15:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

this is exactly the kind of general statement which none of us as responsible BHP members should be making and frankly which begins to irritate many of the members when made.

Personally I will never consider agreeing to this statement but be that as it may, it still is certainly a very unfair statement. If it sits here, it will open a number of vicious pandora's boxes which (as per my own experience with many other threads on this site) are better left unopened.

Lets just simply say here that both the Scorpio and the Safari are decent vehicles in their own way - it entirely depends on the user's personal preference and his/ her own priorities on reliability, personal experience, brand loyalty, wilful blindness to faults in some cases and overall usage patterns and personal/ family needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And a Safari is way better than a Scorpio.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 21:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

i think scorpio DX/SLX with CRDe engine would be best for you. refined, powerful and fuel efficient engine is a bonus. plus the good image that it carries. resale value will be better too. just dont expect FE upto tavera levels though.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote