Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2009, 19:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque@7200rpm View Post
Dear Friends,
Kindly guide and help me in choosing from Captiva and GV-09.I am a lot confused.The looks of captiva are captivating then the maintenance of GV is low.I am lot confused kindly help me out.

The prices are also a matter of concern regarding resale of a SUV is a project in itself.So help me about the +ves and -ves of both the cars.
I am not sure what makes you think that maintenance of Captiva is high. I have believed till now that there isn't much difference between the two as far as maintenance is concerned. I would invite the owners to share more information.

Regarding the resale, Captiva being diesel would fetch higher price. Also, as a thumb rule, the car that sells more when it is new, will fetch better resale. Considering that Grand Vitara sales are very low, Captiva will have better resale.

Grand Vitara has much better off-road capabilities and much better a.s.s., considering that Maruti service centers are everywhere.

Captiva has much better interiors, looks more luxurious, is a diesel and has higher resale.

Also, look for ownership threads on both GV and Captiva on Team-bhp. There should be two on GV and at least one on Captiva.
Old 8th December 2009, 09:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I dont like Front Wheel Drive SUV's.

Imagine getting nose first into a deep slush situation in one of these - with the engine weight plus the stress of steering on the front wheels I certainly would not want to encounter such a scenario!

If Captiva then personally I would advise the 4x4 option.
GV is without a doubt, a proven, comfortable 4x4 which is great on road and off road too. The 09 version is lovely and full of features.
Frankly the Captiva 4x4 at 24 lacs is expensive
GV comes to about 20 - seems more worthwhile - after all it will take quite some time to spend the difference of 4 lacs on petrol!
I would also suggest considering the Fortuner - good vehicle.
Outlander is a waste of time - it is fiddling about in Honda CRV territory - just a high set and large-ish hatchback (with 4x4 no doubt) but still ridiculously priced at 24 lacs.
Endy is a large lorry - it will be more of a pain than a pleasure in our Indian cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Grand Vitara has much better off-road capabilities and much better a.s.s., considering that Maruti service centers are everywhere.

Captiva has much better interiors, looks more luxurious, is a diesel and has higher resale.

Also, look for ownership threads on both GV and Captiva on Team-bhp. There should be two on GV and at least one on Captiva.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:34   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Original post was in July and now it is December - Long time for a purchase decision.

Which ever you choose there will be always positives and negatives. Go ahead and make the choice AND live with it. Not taking a decision is worse than taking a decision and living with it.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:47   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Original post was in July and now it is December - Long time for a purchase decision.
Not just July, it is from July 2008.

Closing the thread since lot has changed since then.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th December 2009 at 11:49.
Closed Thread