Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 18:52   #1
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Question Wanna buy Innova G1! Please advice!

Hello BHPians! After remaining in the state of dilemma (whether Scorpio or Safari or Innova), I have finally zeroed down to Innova G1 (Diesel). I request you guys to help me out regarding the following queries:

1. Will Toyota dealers (Delhi NCR) fit mid and last row AC in G1? Will it void the warranty? How much will it cost? Will the fit and finish be at par with factory fitting?

2. What best discount is being given on G1 (Diesel) by Delhi-NCR dealers?

3. Goodyear or Bridgestone? Why? Will there be any extra payment involved with Bridgestone?

I am looking forward to here from you guys.

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 19:10   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

1. it is possible and should cost around 20-30k if im right.

3. bridgestone any day. no need to pay extra.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 00:17   #3
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Yes the dealer will be able to fit mid and last row AC in G1. If it is done by the dealer, warranty will not be void. Finish should be on par with factory workmanship. Check with the dealer for price.

Discounts vary monthly. Since the dealership is limited in each city, the discount is pretty standard. But negotiate hard and maximize.

Put forth your preference for Bridgestone right at the beginning of the discussion. They will oblige (no charge of course).

Which color have you decided and what accessories are you planning?
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 02:57   #4
BHPian
 
sidd_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Goa-London
Posts: 138
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

I think GTO has got fitted in his Innova confirm with him. If you do it with the company warranty wont void.
sidd_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 13:09   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,712
Thanked: 89,053 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd_city View Post
I think GTO has got fitted in his Innova confirm with him. If you do it with the company warranty wont void.
Not mine, but my brothers Innova. We got the rear air-con fitted recently for rs. 28,000. It is very very effective. In fact, the blower is so powerful that you'd rarely go over step 1.

If you get it fitted from a Toyota dealer (as we did), I dont think your warranty will become void. Keep in mind that this unit is different from the OEM Innova rear-aircon which is neatly integrated into the roof. The retrofitted one is a largish rectangular box which sits right behind the front seat. It doesnt look bad at all, but is surely not as neat a job as the OEM Innova rear duct layout.

I will post pictures if I sit in the Innova anytime soon.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 11:19   #6
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Thanks a lot buddies!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 11:23   #7
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Yes the dealer will be able to fit mid and last row AC in G1. If it is done by the dealer, warranty will not be void. Finish should be on par with factory workmanship. Check with the dealer for price.

Discounts vary monthly. Since the dealership is limited in each city, the discount is pretty standard. But negotiate hard and maximize.

Put forth your preference for Bridgestone right at the beginning of the discussion. They will oblige (no charge of course).

Which color have you decided and what accessories are you planning?
Thanks Prabhusati!
I am planning to go for Black color. As far as accessories are concerned, I'll be going for a good Sony Stereo, basic things (like floor mats, mud-flaps, etc.), gear-lock, rub-rail, etc. Would you suggest some other accessories, I should go for? Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 11:51   #8
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I got the wheel caps, floor mats & mud flaps as complimentary from the dealer. So check out with your dealer before you pay for these two.

My recommendation on accessories
Sun control film
Stereo
Autocop
Rear parking sensors
gear lock

what is rub-rail?
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 14:44   #9
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I got the wheel caps, floor mats & mud flaps as complimentary from the dealer. So check out with your dealer before you pay for these two.

My recommendation on accessories
Sun control film
Stereo
Autocop
Rear parking sensors
gear lock

what is rub-rail?
Thanks Prabhusati!
Keeping the size of Innova into consideration, I'll certainly go for parking-sensors as you recommend. Rub-rails are door-rails, which give car protection from getting scratched. Which variant of Innova are you having?
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 15:43   #10
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I have Innova G1 model, Champagne Mica Color.

I asked the dealer for the rub-rail and he quoted Rs.13k, so i dropped it.
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 18:48   #11
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I have Innova G1 model, Champagne Mica Color.

I asked the dealer for the rub-rail and he quoted Rs.13k, so i dropped it.
It's certainly not worth spending 13K for rub-rails.

Has any BHPian tried Pete's boxes in Innova?
How does the same affect the acceleration, torque, engine life & mileage?
And how much we need to spend for this?
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 19:13   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
It's certainly not worth spending 13K for rub-rails.

Has any BHPian tried Pete's boxes in Innova?
How does the same affect the acceleration, torque, engine life & mileage?
And how much we need to spend for this?

go to the long term reviews section and read my review. youll get to know all you want about petes.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 16:19   #13
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not mine, but my brothers Innova. We got the rear air-con fitted recently for rs. 28,000. It is very very effective. In fact, the blower is so powerful that you'd rarely go over step 1.

If you get it fitted from a Toyota dealer (as we did), I dont think your warranty will become void. Keep in mind that this unit is different from the OEM Innova rear-aircon which is neatly integrated into the roof. The retrofitted one is a largish rectangular box which sits right behind the front seat. It doesnt look bad at all, but is surely not as neat a job as the OEM Innova rear duct layout.

I will post pictures if I sit in the Innova anytime soon.
GTO,
I am planning to get my Innova G1 fitted with with the rear air-con. Can you please help by posting a few pictures.

Best Regards / Satish Prabhu
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 10:09   #14
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I would request Team-BHP members to throw some light on getting the rear air-con fitted for Innova G1.

I spoke to Nandi Toyota and they gave an estimate of Rs.75k for fitting the rear aircon. Ravindu Toyota mentioned that a separate unit cannot be fitted, but only ducts can be put for the 2nd & 3rd row and the front blower itself will be used.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 12:11   #15
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi GTO / Team-BHP Members,

Any help on the query below will be appreciated.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanna buy a car??? john123 Sedans 9 8th April 2007 02:50
2 Turbomeca Engines, seats 10 people, goes 300kmph up! Wanna buy? jkdas Shifting gears 0 13th August 2006 10:26
wanna buy an eleanor Scuderia Introduce yourself 20 22nd March 2005 09:46
wanna buy a used car manaa45 Hatchbacks 26 23rd December 2004 20:12
Wanna buy a cheap camera hemant Shifting gears 4 19th November 2004 00:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks