Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 31st May 2009, 14:11   #166
Senior - BHPian

Same here. i put it in HI only to rapidly cool the cabin when my car is parked under the hot sun for a long period. takes around 5 mins to cool, then back to 1-LO or 2-LO. the front & middle row is adequately cooled. i have noticed that, in my scorpio, the throw of air is more in the rear AC vents than in the front vents! however, i am not complaining, the rear passengers have just two vents!
i feel mahindra should offer a top mounted AC vent, for the sake of the 3rd row passengers.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 16:05   #167

I agree with Ramky Sir. Recently I did a Bangalore-Shirdi-Bangalore trip, at that time outside Bangalore everything was 38+. We could easily manage with Lo-2. A/C was on for 90-95% of time and it was very effective.
I think I should also see Mhawk A/c grill. I have SLX CDRe.
a_mukherji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:54   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have never tried the Hi.

Lo is sufficient to cool and chill the car quickly.

I however, close the rear vents if there is no one sitting in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_mukherji View Post
I agree with Ramky Sir. Recently I did a Bangalore-Shirdi-Bangalore trip, at that time outside Bangalore everything was 38+. We could easily manage with Lo-2. A/C was on for 90-95% of time and it was very effective.
I think I should also see Mhawk A/c grill. I have SLX CDRe.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 11:14   #169
BHPian

Usualy Lo cool was sufficient
But suddenly as this thread started on AC started, my scorpio AC didnt cool as it should.

Power steering oil started leaking due to a faulty pump.

AC has been set right during 35000 service while SM workshop has identified the steering pump problem, applied to Mahindra for in warranty replacement. Will take another 15 - 20 days I suppose.

Some screws off the middle seats keep coming off regularly. Dont know why.

Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 11:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Some screws off the middle seats keep coming off regularly. Dont know why.
Probably the seat is viberating leading to the screws coming out.

Have all the screws tightened and fixed with epoxy binder.
Old 10th July 2009, 23:48   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Usualy Lo cool was sufficient

AC has been set right during 35000 service while SM workshop has identified the steering pump problem, applied to Mahindra for in warranty replacement. Will take another 15 - 20 days I suppose.
SM called day before yesterday and fixed the pump. It was supposed to be a 45 mins job but they took the whole day because they forgot to fit the pump properly the first time and hence had to redo it again.

There is a serious problem with the mcheck sensor.
The sensor is supposed to glow when there is a engine problem or the onboard computer fails. During the 35000 service, the technician said, he had reset the problem with his laptop
But now it is coming again and i had a terrible scare when driving down to my guest house on mudumalai border. The engine started stalling when ever the light came on and if I tried to rev more than 2000 rpm, started going dead. With my family in car and my fear of elephants, I was totally scared.

This mcheck sensor light usually comes after I fill fuel from some of the local gudalur bunks or highway pumps and when I rev suddenly. ie even a slight sudden change from 1K rpm to 1.5K rpm makes the light come on

Till date it was just an irritant. But this time, after I filled hi speed diesel at nanjungad BP pump near Kabini bridge, the engine started stalling when the light came on.

Is there any service center in Ooty?
Best regards
bala
Old 11th July 2009, 10:13   #172
BANNED

Folks,
My turbo has konked. Mahindra refusing to replace under warranty as once service was done at MY TVS which is not authorised by them.

tnx
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 21:53   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
My turbo has konked. Mahindra refusing to replace under warranty as once service was done at MY TVS which is not authorised by them.

tnx
Sorry to hear that. What were the failure symptoms - and what is the estimated cost of repairs?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 22:10   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,
Sorry to hear this, Pradeep, but who oiled the air filter? That is very very important and is nothing short of a BLUNDER.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 16:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

Thats too bad Pradeep. What are the estimates ?
This sure is a clear sign against servicing outside of A.S.S. centers

Quote:
Folks,
My turbo has konked. Mahindra refusing to replace under warranty as once service was done at MY TVS which is not authorised by them.tnx
Old 14th July 2009, 11:32   #176
BHPian

Well, I do feel sorry for you since it could be that this happened despite the service being done properly at the TVS place. But they do mention it quite clearly in the warranty and everywhere else that warranty is void in such circumstances.
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 00:15   #177
BHPian

Default Update on scorpio problems

I had been having the problem of mcheck (check engine) light glowing regularly. During 35K service, the SM workshop guy said he had reset the onboard computer using his laptop.
When driving to my Mudumalai guest house last week, I filled up fuel when it was almost dry at the Nanjungad petrol pump.
Then all hell broke loose. The mcheck light wouldnt go out, When ever I tried rising the RPM above 1500 / 2000 the engine started choking. I could feel it was deprived of fuel.
On saturday, called up SM workshop in Bangalore from Mudumalai and the service guy who regularly sees my vehicle said please drive slowly and bring the vehicle to BLR or take to a workshop nearby. He gave the national help line number who in turn gave CAI workshop number in coimbatore who in turn gave the Ooty number and said if it is a major problem, you would need to bring the vehicle to coimbatore for service.

I called the ooty guy and explained the symptoms of the problem. He said sir it is a diesel filter problem, drive carefully and come here. We will change the filter. I understood why he asked me to drive carefully when trying to over take a slow santro on the ooty hills. They changed the filter, tested the vehicle, everything is ok. I asked why did the engine stall immediately after filling fuel. Without blinking he asked did you fill u when your tank was nearly dry. Bingo. Yes I did.
He advised me to change the fuel filter every 15000 km considering the fuel quality in Nilgiris and other places.
Seems these guys know about this problem ike their back hand whereas the bangalore SM workshop guy didnt have a clue.

I also did find a good thing on the CAI ooty notice board. Any letter / comment of praise by customers about employees is put up on the notice board to motivate them.
Best regards
Old 16th July 2009, 11:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

the chaps at workshops in the hills usually face many more mechanical challenges than the fellows in the plains. thats why they probably know much more based on experience.

Quote:
I had been having the problem of mcheck (check engine) light glowing regularly. During 35K service, the SM workshop guy said he had reset the onboard computer using his laptop.
When driving to my Mudumalai guest house last week, I filled up fuel when it was almost dry at the Nanjungad petrol pump.
Then all hell broke loose. The mcheck light wouldnt go out, When ever I tried rising the RPM above 1500 / 2000 the engine started choking. I could feel it was deprived of fuel.
On saturday, called up SM workshop in Bangalore from Mudumalai and the service guy who regularly sees my vehicle said please drive slowly and bring the vehicle to BLR or take to a workshop nearby. He gave the national help line number who in turn gave CAI workshop number in coimbatore who in turn gave the Ooty number and said if it is a major problem, you would need to bring the vehicle to coimbatore for service.

I called the ooty guy and explained the symptoms of the problem. He said sir it is a diesel filter problem, drive carefully and come here. We will change the filter. I understood why he asked me to drive carefully when trying to over take a slow santro on the ooty hills. They changed the filter, tested the vehicle, everything is ok. I asked why did the engine stall immediately after filling fuel. Without blinking he asked did you fill u when your tank was nearly dry. Bingo. Yes I did.
He advised me to change the fuel filter every 15000 km considering the fuel quality in Nilgiris and other places.
Seems these guys know about this problem ike their back hand whereas the bangalore SM workshop guy didnt have a clue.

I also did find a good thing on the CAI ooty notice board. Any letter / comment of praise by customers about employees is put up on the notice board to motivate them.
Best regards
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 11:02   #179
Senior - BHPian

the worst thing possible is to go to an unauthorized workshop
am sorry for you, but i think we all would do well to remember and learn from this experience.

Quote:
Folks,

tnx
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 11:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I am slightly lost here.

How is filling on a dry tank leading to a problem ?

Is that the fuel pump which tried to suck up the last bits of fuel before refuelling, and in the process taking in the residual matter / air present in the fuel tank, in that case the problem should occour prior to refuelling also.

If someone can enlighten me on this.

The Mahindra manual states that the tank shou;ld not be allowed to run dry, in case it does before starting there is a manual pump in the dash which needs to be pressed a few times to clear the air in the lines.

Quote:

Best regards