Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 13th February 2009, 14:31   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I dont think he uses team-bhp regularly. But I know the answers. It is a 3 spoke steering which came for 2005 NY edition. Has done about 34k
What are these examples going for now a days? How's the loan stuff for used cars? Easy to get? Is there a huge variance in terms of percentage w.r.t that of the new cars?

Just wondering. If there are good examples available at a decent price, I am game for it any day.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:52   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
What are these examples going for now a days? How's the loan stuff for used cars? Easy to get? Is there a huge variance in terms of percentage w.r.t that of the new cars?

Just wondering. If there are good examples available at a decent price, I am game for it any day.
Most of the example you see which are up for sale would have done more then 50-60 k and they seem to be selling for around 5 lakhs. But the ones which are relatively new are hard to come by and command a premium. I heard about a piece which was almost brand new (despite being bought in 05) and went for 10 lakhs.
I think there is a diff of 2-3% between new and used car loan interest rates. Banks also seem to consider only first 7 years of life of a car.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:26   #108
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think he uses team-bhp regularly. But I know the answers. It is a 3 spoke steering which came for 2005 NY edition. Has done about 34k
thanks Guna for writing about my car.i am not reading this particular thread as no 1's intrested in the forester
everybody now is intersted in NHC & fiat linea.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:54   #109
BHPian

Default here are some pics of my forester

Picasa Web Albums - nandish - forester
i would like to know from the experts wat can be done to the car cosmetically as well as improving the power.i have spken to chinoy & i am due to take my car to him for the mods.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:26   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
Picasa Web Albums - nandish - forester
i would like to know from the experts wat can be done to the car cosmetically as well as improving the power.i have spken to chinoy & i am due to take my car to him for the mods.
How did you manage to get Subaru emblem?? Can you tell me where to get it from??
Old 18th February 2009, 18:26   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji22 View Post
How did you manage to get Subaru emblem?? Can you tell me where to get it from??
hi reji!
subaru loso & emblems are available on the suabru online store.
i got it from my friend.the best online store for buying subaru spares is
Home Page - - Cheam Motors
they are the # 1 dealer for subaru in UK.they have international shipping too..door to door.you can contact Mr Jim.the quality of response given by him is excellent & is always happy to help.will guide you with all the information once you give him the vin # of your car.
Picasa Web Albums - nandish - Recently Updated
this is the link to the available geniune subaru logos & emblems.you can order accordingly & it will reach your door step
Old 18th February 2009, 19:03   #112
BHPian

Default also would like to share this with the forester owners

also would like to share this with the forester owners.is very useful
i have used the same catalouge to get most of my spares.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 03MYForester_Accessory.pdf (472.5 KB, 815 views)
Old 18th February 2009, 19:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
hi reji!
subaru loso & emblems are available on the suabru online store.
i got it from my friend.the best online store for buying subaru spares is
Home Page - - Cheam Motors
they are the # 1 dealer for subaru in UK.they have international shipping too..door to door.you can contact Mr Jim.the quality of response given by him is excellent & is always happy to help.will guide you with all the information once you give him the vin # of your car.
Picasa Web Albums - nandish - Recently Updated
this is the link to the available geniune subaru logos & emblems.you can order accordingly & it will reach your door step
traying on ebay is another option
Old 5th March 2009, 17:33   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a Forester listed in Sulekha classifieds in Chennai by an Individual asking 6.75 lakhs in case anyone is interested. For someone who doesn't mind the petrol bills, it is a great car.
Old 11th January 2011, 20:35   #115
BHPian

Default Re: Good price for a used Forester

Guys I am thinking about upgrading from my Corsa to a Forester. What kind of prices should I expect to pay for a 2004 or 2005 model? I know there are many things to consider like how well it is maintained and all that. But a rough guideline would be very very helpful.

And yes. I am aware that the parts are rare and difficult to source. I could do with a few contacts who can help me get the parts.

Cheers.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Guys I am thinking about upgrading from my Corsa to a Forester. What kind of prices should I expect to pay for a 2004 or 2005 model? I know there are many things to consider like how well it is maintained and all that. But a rough guideline would be very very helpful.

And yes. I am aware that the parts are rare and difficult to source. I could do with a few contacts who can help me get the parts.

Cheers.
There is a 2004 Forester with 48k on the clock going for 4.75L in Delhi on TBHP classifieds. Might be of interest to you!
Old 11th January 2011, 22:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post

Cheers.
I think anything between 3.5 to 4 lakhs for an example with high mileage (>60 k) and 4 to 4.5 lakhs for vehicle which has done less then 50 k should be fine.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:54   #118
BHPian

5.5 L mate maximum, that too if it has had a single owner. Else slightly lesser. I bet you can get one for around 5L here.
Old 12th January 2011, 00:06   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
There is a 2004 Forester with 48k on the clock going for 4.75L in Delhi on TBHP classifieds. Might be of interest to you!
Thanks for the heads up. Lots of them going for around the 4.75 mark. Don't think my dad is willing to finance it if it's that expensive.

Quote:
I think anything between 3.5 to 4 lakhs for an example with high mileage (>60 k) and 4 to 4.5 lakhs for vehicle which has done less then 50 k should be fine.
Hmmm. Around 3 something is more my bag. Any known serious issues with a high mileage Forester? If it's anything like my Corsa, I'll go for it. (8 years old, 57K kms. Still rattle free and tight.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunrdas View Post
5.5 L mate maximum, that too if it has had a single owner. Else slightly lesser. I bet you can get one for around 5L here.
5.5 is almost twice that I am willing to spend to buy it. (Additional repairs not counted in.)

Let's see how it goes. Looking for a Forester is a slow process as they aren't exactly very common. Else I am happy with my Corsa as it doesn't have any issues, just that I was and still am tempted by the prospect of a upgrade. Thanks guys. Any more inputs will be appreciated!
Old 12th January 2011, 10:54   #120
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wouldn't value it beyond 3L in the best of conditions today.
Closed Thread