Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 30th August 2008, 23:39   #1
BHPian

Default Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT

I have already decided to to sell my 5.3years Corsa 1.4 and am looking for Scorpio, I wanted 4x4 Scorpio, but the dealer say, they have not sold any Scorpio 4x4 and are not aware if they can get and what would be the price, I test drove the Scorpio VLX twice and felt like this is a good vehicle and can do well with 4x2.
but would like to know more about 4x4 availability and cost and difference that will make to Scorpio.

The quote that I have got for VLX is 10.8Lac, including discounts[30K]

-Pramod
PS: Any checklist for Scorpio, frankly this is going to be first diesel for me, been driving petrol car for last 8 years.

Last edited by pramods : 30th August 2008 at 23:51.
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 00:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can see a list of PDI's for any car ( be it petrol or deisel )
in the Advice Section

The 4x4 is very much available .
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 10:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

M&M are not now making Mhawk with 4x4. And even in the 2.6 CRDe SLE they are coming out with only 4x2 version. Their 4x4 vehicle is the Bolero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
looking for Scorpio, I wanted 4x4 Scorpio, but the dealer say, they have not sold any Scorpio 4x4 and are not aware if they can get [30K]

-Pramod
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 10:30   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
M&M are not now making Mhawk with 4x4. And even in the 2.6 CRDe SLE they are coming out with only 4x2 version. Their 4x4 vehicle is the Bolero.
They used to have 4x4 then? Think I have seen 4x4 Scorp.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 10:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
yup they used to make 4x4 scorps.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 13:05   #6
BHPian

Need to check with Anupmathur. He has got a 4x4 Scorpio.

Pramods you can go ahead with the 4x2 Vls if you don't do serious offroading and just a little mud driving.

Checklist for PDI is available in the advice section.
wolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 13:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

I said Mhawk is without 4x4. Scorpio 2.6 CRDe also had a 4x4 model now since discontinued. Now the Scoprio version of M&M product doesn't have 4x4. What you'll get is a used 4x4 Scoprio if anyone is selling, that again is rare.

AFAIK, it is only the Bolero that comes in 4x4 variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
yup they used to make 4x4 scorps.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 17:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolg View Post
Need to check with Anupmathur. He has got a 4x4 Scorpio.

Pramods you can go ahead with the 4x2 Vls if you don't do serious offroading and just a little mud driving.

Checklist for PDI is available in the advice section.
I believe I will go ahead with mHack vlx which would be good enough for some part time mud driving, will update all once I get the vehicle.

I asked for 4x4 Scorpio and got information about Gateway, no other variant.. may be they stopped all other variant and only make Gateway as 4x4. Any concrete info on 4x4 would be desired, as I don't want to loose these option of 4x4, I am almost decided on Scorpio, no other vehicle for now

-Pramod
Old 1st September 2008, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Decide how much you will be using the 4x4 - before buying one.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 15:32   #10
BHPian

I don't intend to do lot of off roading, but it was "nice-to-have" feature, I test road Scorpio on some bad road and in limited "muddy" area, and the vehicle was able to do it. I believe 4x2 should be good enough for now. or may be I don't want to wait NOW.

-Pramod
Old 1st September 2008, 16:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK 4x4 Scorpios are still available today. According to the Mahindra salesman I spoke to a few weeks back, you have to order one, and there is a waiting period of approx 3 months. He said the on road price would be around 11.5L. I don't know if this would have the 2.2 or the 2.6 engine. Again, I didn't bother verifying his information since I couldn't afford to shell out 11+ Lacs anyway!

But I did get myself a used 4x4 Scorp, and I am very happy with it
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 16:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
AFAIK 4x4 Scorpios are still available today. According to the Mahindra salesman I spoke to a few weeks back, you have to order one, and there is a waiting period of approx 3 months. He said the on road price would be around 11.5L. I don't know if this would have the 2.2 or the 2.6 engine. Again, I didn't bother verifying his information since I couldn't afford to shell out 11+ Lacs anyway!

But I did get myself a used 4x4 Scorp, and I am very happy with it
The Gateway 4x4 price list have a difference of 1.2L over 4x2 over the Ex-showroom, by that count the on road price of vlx 4x4(if at all it is available) would more than 12.5L. I am more or less convinced myself for 4x2 vlx as of now, have gone through some of the VLX thread here and initial reports are good, few niggles that I noticed during test-drive have been wildly discussed , like gear knob vibration, the test vehicle(vlx) has the same problem and I discussed that with the sales guys and he was of the opinion that its normal of Scorpio, now I know yes its "normal" for Scorpio.
Guys am counting days to get the vehicle, but before I get that I need to sell off off Corsa, which has been quoted at 1.4L by FirstChoice + 10K exchange bonus effectively 1.5L.

Lets hope I get my Scorpio in weeks time[ the showroom already have stock]

-Pramod
PS: I asked this question in another thread but have not got any answer, so asking this here, the VLX that I choose already have 783 Km on odo, the sales guys told me all mahindra vehicle except Logan and 3 wheeler are driven from factory and the factory is in Nashik, Is this true?
Old 1st September 2008, 17:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: I asked this question in another thread but have not got any answer, so asking this here, the VLX that I choose already have 783 Km on odo, the sales guys told me all mahindra vehicle except Logan and 3 wheeler are driven from factory and the factory is in Nashik, Is this true?
That's weird unless it is something specific to Nagpur. You should request Dealer/salesperson to take you to their stockyard and insist on seeing the odo of several new vehicle. If they all show 750+ km then it is OK otherwise put your foot down and stay away from it.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 17:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Scorpios I saw in Bangalore showroom were under 100 Km, It is another story that they gave me a test drive on mHawk Vlx with cable disconnected and it will be eventually sold to some unsuspecting customer.
You need to check odo of Boleros , Scorpios , Logans and whatever they have in stock and if there is another dealer look at thier stock as well , Check with Customer care of Mahindras directly if possible

After lots of test drives and comparison of Safari and Scorpio , I brought one safari eventualy which had 24 Km on Odo when I inspected it in yard and 42 Km when delevered to me at Showroom , Tata factory is in Pune but they do not drive down to bangalore.

IMHO only Heavy Vehicals such as trucks are driven down from factory as there is no suitable carrier for them.

Regards
Amit

Quote:
The Gateway 4x4 price list have a difference of 1.2L over 4x2 over the Ex-showroom, by that count the on road price of vlx 4x4(if at all it is available) would more than 12.5L. I am more or less convinced myself for 4x2 vlx as of now, have gone through some of the VLX thread here and initial reports are good, few niggles that I noticed during test-drive have been wildly discussed , like gear knob vibration, the test vehicle(vlx) has the same problem and I discussed that with the sales guys and he was of the opinion that its normal of Scorpio, now I know yes its "normal" for Scorpio.
Guys am counting days to get the vehicle, but before I get that I need to sell off off Corsa, which has been quoted at 1.4L by FirstChoice + 10K exchange bonus effectively 1.5L.

Lets hope I get my Scorpio in weeks time[ the showroom already have stock]

-Pramod

Last edited by amitk26 : 1st September 2008 at 18:00.
amitk26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 18:14   #15
BHPian

Good suggestion need to verify this on more vehicle in there stockyard, but I have seen lots of new Bolero been driver by road, no Scorpio , the Scorpio that I saw was in stockyard.

-Pramod