Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 18th September 2008, 13:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

i agree with shaju - Tiguan is expected to be a "baby" touareg - read: "little monster'

so better to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If you are not in a hurry to book the vehicle, its worth the wait for the launch of VW Tiguan which is expected to be within the 25 laks range. Audi Q5 would come to the market anytime too. Both these new launches are feature filled and very stylish in my opinion which will put all the existing CRV, GV, Captiva, Tuscon and all the similar names few kilometers behind in style and features ! I had almost made up my mind to book the CRV end of August 2008, but someone helped me realise the new launches which are way above comparison in every aspect.

Why to drive around an existing SUV brand when many new launches are happening within 4 months ? !!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 13:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

The chevy captiva or subaru captiva as its known outside of india, comes anyway with 4WD.
I think they launched it in 2WD version here to keep the price down and compete head to head with the CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congrats, I think its a wise decision given the circumstances & the options you've listed. I really like the looks & the road presence of the Captiva - my only gripe being that, despite that steep price they haven't got the AWD/4WD option in yet, would have been a sure winner all the way then.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 13:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The chevy captiva or subaru captiva as its known outside of india, comes anyway with 4WD.
Thanks Shankar, I'm aware of that. Its just that I think its ridiculous that they've launched it in India at such a high price without the 4WD option & have then positioned it at a price point that almost competes with the CRV AWD (I guess you know that the CRV comes in 2 versions in India now)
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Decent choice, given the constraints. My only gripe with Captiva is that at that price, they could have easily given a 4WD with LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congrats, I think its a wise decision given the circumstances & the options you've listed. I really like the looks & the road presence of the Captiva - my only gripe being that, despite that steep price they haven't got the AWD/4WD option in yet, would have been a sure winner all the way then.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 13:28   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
4) Hyundai Tuscon: Well the real reason for this being dropped was the sales figures which were not impressive.
Take a spin in the Tucson and you will walk away impressed. It behaves far better on the road than the Captiva. The interiors are pretty roomy too. Yup, sales are negligible but is that reason enough to strike it off your chart?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 14:17   #21
evo
BHPian

I totally agree with GTO. If your uncle likes performance he can even chip it. Only the gearshift is a bit weird, but then its still better than the Captiva`s gearshift I think. Its diesel and as far as I know is cheaper by a good 4 lakhs. Though that will go to hell at the time of resale!
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 14:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Although I can not remember the source, I heard from difference places (some comments in our threads too) that Hyundai is going to stop producing Tucson. Its an old design running for few years and the sales chart is pointing down. We have some members here itself who have upgraded from Tucson to other SUVs. Resale value has gone for a toss too ! Just my 2 cents !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 15:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
GV - around 15L
CRV - around 20L
In which state?

In Karnataka, the LTT just went up to 16% for these vehicles. Mine cost me 16.77L when the LTT was 14%, now it will be closer to 17.1L for GV. The Pajero/CRV will cost 40K more since August.

The maintainance cost is really low since it shares all the consumables with SX4. Even sudev after 60,000Kms in one year of rought use has spent very little on maintenance, confirm with him. After 10 months in terrible coastal roads and some off-road, GV doesn't have any issues.

The FE is around 8-9 in city and 11-12 in highway runs.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 15:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In which state?
In Karnataka, the LTT just went up to 16% for these vehicles. Mine cost me 16.77L when the LTT was 14%, now it will be closer to 17.1L for GV. The Pajero/CRV will cost 40K more since August.
Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks,.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 15:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

@gto well as some claims are there that the vehicle as in tuscon could be discontinued we dont want to go for it. Though its cheaper the cost will just not matter as the resale could go for a toss though i dont have much idea on the resale of the captiva.

@samurai. Thanks for the frank opinion on the service part of it. I did agree to many points but the captiva has somehow got my uncle fixed onto. Somehow i just can say diesel was what sold the car to him. Looking at the price difference between the 2 as in GV and Captiva i feel like i am poorer by 5 lacs but what the h#@$ I got a Diesel.
Well this is the mindset which is making the buy i guess.

Thanks guys. Will try to post pictures of the vehcile soon. Gotto tell my bro to do it now so give me a weeks time for it.

Black captiva is finally being delivered tommorow.cheers:
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 17:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

[quote=maddy42;982481Thanks guys. Will try to post pictures of the vehcile soon. Gotto tell my bro to do it now so give me a weeks time for it.

Black captiva is finally being delivered tommorow.cheers:[/quote]

Congrats. Do post the initial driving experience, the dealership esperience and of course the pics.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 17:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

I was amazed by the power of this car yesterday. Its got solid road presence, the one I saw was in Dark red color. It zip passed me and then was zooming out in the trafic, yes trafic (obviously not too thick) but it was impressive.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 18:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

@snaronikar Well for initial driving feel i will have to go to coorg which will be happening only after 1 or 2 months. But i can get you pictures of this car soon.
I have suggested the tips from the pre delivery checklist to my uncle so lets see how the dealership experience is. The car is being brought from the dealership in mysore which is on hunsur rd.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 19:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
GV manual is around 15 on road.
The saving with diesel won't really offset the price difference.
So make your calculations(EMI/month difference, and Petrol Diesel price difference/month)

Samurai and Sudev are two GV owners who take their GV to places it should go, maybe you should PM them.
GV MT on the road is 17L in Bangalore...how I wish it were 15 L! Also, there are only a few colours available - white, silver grey and beige.
nilanjanray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
GV MT on the road is 17L in Bangalore...how I wish it were 15 L! Also, there are only a few colours available - white, silver grey and beige.
AFAIK in Delhi on road is 14lacs less some discounts. # lacs seems high for on road in Bangalore.
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote