Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 30th October 2008, 15:50   #16
BHPian

Thumbs up Endevour Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Isn't 110bhp for that monstrous-size truck under-cutting it by a long way ? That kind of power is right for my 1850 kg Sumo or the Scorp.

Numbers can be very decieving !!

I drove one ,..no wait ripped one the other day on back counry roads near jim corbett national park. The 2.5 liter IDI engine is very drivable. I know city driving (in bumper to bumper traffic) is a different ball game and I cannot comment on that aspect. But the torque spread and sure footed predictable behavior was a pleasent surprise even after driving it back to back with a City Cvt.

What was amazing was dispite the size I found it very nimble (thanks to the direct PS), making U turns on narrow country roads possible.
This version also came with the wider tyres making the grip around corners fantastic. All in all I would buy one (if I had the cash to spare),..even if it was offered only with the 2.5 IDI engine.

The ride and suspension is firm,..but I think does what it was designed to do, ie take the rough with the smooth and come out un-shaken.
All in all the Endy ROCKS !! I am in love with it.

I might even look at a used one,...but not sure about the long term maintainance outlook on a truck which has clocked 40-60 kkm. Fords do have reputation for being expensive to maintain.

By the way the driver drove all the way from Delhi (250+ KM) in 4x4 lock mode ,..with the owner oblivious to the fact that the T-case and differentails are going to be ground to bits, he did comment that the car was makiing grinding noises while making turns !!??? These cars must come with a bold WARNING on the use of part-time 4x4 systems. But again how many owners (apart from t-bhpians) really read the owners manual page top page.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 05:40   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post

By the way the driver drove all the way from Delhi (250+ KM) in 4x4 lock mode ,..with the owner oblivious to the fact that the T-case and differentails are going to be ground to bits, he did comment that the car was makiing grinding noises while making turns !!??? These cars must come with a bold WARNING on the use of part-time 4x4 systems. But again how many owners (apart from t-bhpians) really read the owners manual page top page.
I thought the Endy has a Switch on the dash for locking the front free wheeling hubs? I hope the driver didn't remember to turn it on. Personally, I think Ford should have spend the extra effort to put a coil spring suspension at the back. If Tata, Mahindra and Toyota can do it, why not Ford? This is the typical short sightedness that's driving the American Auto industry in Bankruptsy.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote