Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 6th April 2009, 19:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

If I am not mistaken: Yes, and its already available at a slightly higher price (about 10k more or something)...
Old 7th April 2009, 06:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Square View Post
Read that by 2010 all metros in India would have BS IV emission norm.
Can Bolero DI meet BS IV emission norm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
If I am not mistaken: Yes, and its already available at a slightly higher price (about 10k more or something)...
I don't think so, as why else then Scorpio M2DI is only BSII norms qualified. I think CRDI is the way to go for all diesel engines unless a better technology comes out in between.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yes, Boleros are available for a extra price of around 15K, but that too BSII to BSIII only, the only difference being the CAT Converter fitted on to BSIII Version. The same is not there in Scorpio M2DI as MileCruncher rightly said. It is yet to be known whether Bolero DI Turbo will qualify for BSIV norms with some more modifications!
Old 7th April 2009, 12:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

As per my understanding BSIV on MDI 3200 TC is possible. This is a very popular and fuel efficient engine doing duty on pick up trucks and other utility vehicles as well. So dont expect Mahindra to axe it before competition does it! It may not be a technical limitation but could be a strategic decision at later stages
Old 7th April 2009, 13:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
As per my understanding BSIV on MDI 3200 TC is possible. This is a very popular and fuel efficient engine doing duty on pick up trucks and other utility vehicles as well.
I am surprised to know what all can be done on this engine. Its been here for donkey years now and still going strong.

Not a good thing though
Old 7th April 2009, 17:46   #96
BHPian

Nice video - you will enjoy it more in the rains and the roads become no roads. What is that thing in the lower middle part of your windscreen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Thanks all for your views!

I'd taken a clipping of the Bolero doing what it was bought for. This is what me and this beast are required to do every week come sun, rain or snow (or whatever).

Video quality is bad and so is the editing. Kindly excuse.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:50   #97
BHPian

Trust me - not all are as lucky as you. Soon you may happy that you FIL made the right choice considering the regular use on this stretch. And the best part is you can reach this stretch faster than the older Bolero (and most are vehicles for that matter)

By the way how many km have you done and what is the FE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
I got a Bolero VLX crde recently (please note 'got' as opposed to 'bought'). What upsets me even today is that though my f-in-law had earlier zeroed in on a 2007 Scorpio, he changed his mind at the last moment since he felt he could buy a new bolero for the price of an old Scorpio.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:39   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Nice video - you will enjoy it more in the rains and the roads become no roads. What is that thing in the lower middle part of your windscreen?
It's a holder for my SatNav GPS device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Trust me - not all are as lucky as you. Soon you may happy that you FIL made the right choice considering the regular use on this stretch. And the best part is you can reach this stretch faster than the older Bolero (and most are vehicles for that matter)

By the way how many km have you done and what is the FE?
Yeah! guess I was a little ungrateful to FIL in my earlier posts, god bless him. But I was really wanting that 2007 Scorpio. On the way up the Bangalore-Gudlur stretch (270 kms) took 4 hours and 55 minutes mainly because I was keeping it above 100 on the Blore-Mysore road and because of the ego clash with the Scorpio guy on the Mysore-Gundlupet stretch.

But on the way down since I drove like good boy at an average of 80, I reached home in 5-1/2 hours. I've done about 2100 Kms and so far the FE has been about 10-11 kmpl.
Old 6th January 2010, 21:50   #99
BHPian

You're probably right about the ride being bad on the VLX. I read in an automag review (might have been BS motoring, not sure) that they were surprised that the ride was so bad, when it had been so good on the earlier Boleros. Methinks that they firmed up the suspension to reduce body roll, which would normally accompany a higher performance vehicle and the faster corner speeds that would result.

I think that Mahindra should have either gone all out and made a really good passenger version, with Scorpio bits in the suspension and captain seats when they designed the VLX. Or best of all, give the customer an option to custom build a Bolero if he's prepared to wait. I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks if I could have an mHawk Bolero with Scorpio suspension. Or at least the older CRDe engine from the Scorp.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:59   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vivekgk:

If you want a refined people mover below the Scorpio, Mahindra wants you to buy the Xylo. The Bolero is an age old design and doesn't make a lot of sense for them to invest huge amounts of money in it.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:12   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
You're probably right about the ride being bad on the VLX. I read in an automag review (might have been BS motoring, not sure) that they were surprised that the ride was so bad, when it had been so good on the earlier Boleros. Methinks that they firmed up the suspension to reduce body roll, which would normally accompany a higher performance vehicle and the faster corner speeds that would result.

I think that Mahindra should have either gone all out and made a really good passenger version, with Scorpio bits in the suspension and captain seats when they designed the VLX. Or best of all, give the customer an option to custom build a Bolero if he's prepared to wait. I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks if I could have an mHawk Bolero with Scorpio suspension. Or at least the older CRDe engine from the Scorp.
1st things first, don't believe everything that you read in Magazines.

Now coming to the topic on hand, I don't know how many times you have driven or sat on the Bolero VLX but I think I can tell a bit about them after having owned it for the last 8 months and having driven it over some of toughest terrain in the country. The VLX has the same setup as the First Gen Scorpio, IFS from the scorpio and leaf at the rear. The other components that it shares with the Scorpio are NGT530R GB, Drive Shaft. And please also remember that engine coupled with a lighter body has enough grunt to run 150kmph on 4 people and extreme luggage and with AC on.

So before making any blanket statements, I suggest you TD the vehicle.
Old 18th April 2010, 10:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Does bolero SLX Di turbo comply with BSIV norms?

Note from Mod : Old thread, hence closing.

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2010 at 09:51. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread