Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 4th November 2008, 00:47   #16
BANNED

CRV.....Honda name is enuf (but dont take it offroad, NEVER)

Outlander.....its much expensive to maintain/service compared to CRV

Captiva.....Made in Korea by Daewoo!

crv commands better re-sale value than other two. if you can wait little longer, then go for Diesel 2.0 crv.
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 02:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Outlander.....its much expensive to maintain/service compared to CRV
Huh? How did you arrive at such a conclusion for a car that has only been launched? Plus, don't overlook the fact that the CRV is a CBU whose parts are imported.

Quote:
Captiva.....Made in Korea by Daewoo!
And the point of this statement is....?

Quote:
crv commands better re-sale value than other two.
Again, please provide the justification for such a loose statement. Neither the Outlander nor the Captiva have been in the resale market long enough. And the Captiva is a diesel : Will surely gain brownie points in the second hand bazaar.

Parm, it is best to post factually on Team-BHP rather than making statements without a base.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 15:57   #18
BANNED

i should have mentioned that my comments were based on the Dubai/UAE market when i compared these three SUVs.

captiva.....made in korea by daewoo, i mean to say it does carry a chevy badge, but its not made in yankee land! so dont get fooled by chevy badge.
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 19:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

CR-V looks great. If you are considering to buy by the end of the year, you might get some good discount also, but the biggest competition for a CR-V is a new CR-V. With the CR-V not remaining the segment leader anymore Honda might come up with even a better CR-V soon. It is so easy for them.

I'll suggest, if you get good discount then go in this year (white CR-V my favorite) otherwise wait for two more months till Feb 09. Jan and Feb will be good time for Honda to announce new things and may be also Toyota (Fortuner).
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 11:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Having driven both recently, Outlander is a better overall package and VFM than CRV. Take a test drive on a good road and a bad one too, you'll know what I am referring to. Outlander will give you more power, higher max speed, paddle shifters, 6 gears, turn dial for 2WD / 4 WD / Lock, higher ground clearence etc etc
1. CR-V is a great soft roader.
2. It dosnt have a 4WD switch like the Outlander. 99% of the time it runs in 2WD mode, only if the front wheel skids the power is delivered into the back wheels (assumption).
3. CR-V exteriors are not meant for Off- Roading.
4. Actually the CR-V is designed for Women in the US and the UK. (From 5th gear review in Youtube.)
5. Outlander has a really beautiful ICE.
6. CR-V was released with the statement " Not all 4x4s are the same ". The fact is CR-V is more eco friendly in terms of emission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Huh? How did you arrive at such a conclusion for a car that has only been launched? Plus, don't overlook the fact that the CRV is a CBU whose parts are imported.
I support GTO, CR-V parts are expensive too. But the point is own a car which you can comfortably afford.
petrohead is offline   Reply With Quote