Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 20:37   #256
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,974
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

@param and @harimakesh:

What you guys are talking about is the manufacturers model year which is pretty much the practice followed in the USA as well. In India this concept doesn't exist. But there are two dates in your rc book. Date of manufacture and date of registration. The concept of a 2010 model being released in late 2009 doesn't exist in India. It does in the USA though.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 12:09   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

As my understanding goes, the VIN will depend on the date of gate invoice based on which the Excise Duty on the vehicle is paid. So a vehicle cannot have 2010 VIN if it leaves the factory gate before the 1st Jan'10 and the excise gate reciept is for 2009.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:38   #258
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 484
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@param and @harimakesh:

What you guys are talking about is the manufacturers model year which is pretty much the practice followed in the USA as well. In India this concept doesn't exist. But there are two dates in your rc book. Date of manufacture and date of registration. The concept of a 2010 model being released in late 2009 doesn't exist in India. It does in the USA though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
As my understanding goes, the VIN will depend on the date of gate invoice based on which the Excise Duty on the vehicle is paid. So a vehicle cannot have 2010 VIN if it leaves the factory gate before the 1st Jan'10 and the excise gate reciept is for 2009.
Thanks for enlighting me on How the Model year of vehicle decided in India. It will help me when I repatriate to India and purchase a car.
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 15:41   #259
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,373
Thanked: 22,588 Times
Default

Link to a recent ownership report of the 4x4 AT :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 21:20   #260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

@tanwaramit and hondadude- Here is an update from my side- The car had been allotted on4th Jan and arrived at dealers stockyard on 9th. I was travelling since last week of Dec and hence there was no follow up or update. Visited the stockyard on 12th. Great feeling to see it. Feels good. Ideally wanted to get the delivery on 14th but the registration couldnt have happened earlier due to delay from my side so now going a bit slow. Will be sending the documents for registrations by Saturday so they can send it for registration on Monday(18th) and either will get the delivery the same day or Wednesday (20th). Pics size is bigger than permitted here so will take some time to edit and then will post it.
Whats the progress on your front- please, update.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 11:18   #261
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Congratulations Shatrughna. Will eagerly wait for the pics etc. No update from my side as I am traveling currently and will follow up with dealer a week from now when I get back to Bangalore. I got sick of calling them regularly and now waiting for them to call me up.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:00   #262
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,618
Thanked: 10,779 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Visited the stockyard on 12th. Great feeling to see it. Feels good. ...they can send it for registration on Monday(18th) and either will get the delivery the same day or Wednesday (20th). Pics size is bigger than permitted here so will take some time to edit and then will post it.
Congratulations, Shatrughna!

For help on resizing your pics, go through this thread (How To Resize The Photos Shot By Higher Mp Cameras!).
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 15:39   #263
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
@tanwaramit and hondadude- Here is an update from my side- The car had been allotted on4th Jan and arrived at dealers stockyard on 9th.
Whats the progress on your front- please, update.
Congratulations Shatrughna on arrival of the beast, atleast to the dealers stockyard.

Had been waiting for updates from you. Its a long wait for you.

Seems hondadude has his wait even longer.

My wait is stretched, now I am hunting for a garage nearby to park the car as I am not comfortable parking it outside on the road. No success so far.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 21:02   #264
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Congratulations Shatrughna on arrival of the beast, atleast to the dealers stockyard.

Had been waiting for updates from you. Its a long wait for you.

Seems hondadude has his wait even longer.

My wait is stretched, now I am hunting for a garage nearby to park the car as I am not comfortable parking it outside on the road. No success so far.
Friends, add me to the list. Booked my VLX AT on dec 21st and still waiting on it. The dealer says it has been invoiced last Wednesday (Jan 13th) but he is not sure if it left the factory. The wait is killing me!!
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 09:42   #265
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

I got a call today telling informing me that I will get mine next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 21:18   #266
BHPian
 
ananth_iy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 244
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I got a call today telling informing me that I will get mine next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hondadude, when did you book and what variant? Forget the second question. I went through the whole post and got my answer - the one with airbags.

Last edited by ananth_iy : 20th January 2010 at 21:25.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 18:39   #267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Congrats hondadude - it has been a long wait. After seeing it at stockyard, again been travelling so not have been able to submit the papers for regsitration as yet. Now its other way round- the dealer has been chasing me. Submitting my papers tomorrow and then may be Monday it gets registered and may be by 27th , I may get the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I got a call today telling informing me that I will get mine next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks amit and I am sure- will wait for confirmation from your side soon. May be someday we all guys meet somewhere. Incidentally, Mumbai is midway (apprx. )for you and hondadude. So may be, you may plan sometime. There are few very enthusiastic Scorpio experts on the yahoogroup and we all are meeting somewhere in Pune on 7th Feb and hope to take the scorpio for its baptism.
Pics are yet to be edited (rightsized) so sorry for the delay.

Now, its high time, I picked up some good anti theft devices- please, give your final inputs- I am sure- you have couple of suggestions by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Congratulations Shatrughna on arrival of the beast, atleast to the dealers stockyard.

Had been waiting for updates from you. Its a long wait for you.

Seems hondadude has his wait even longer.

My wait is stretched, now I am hunting for a garage nearby to park the car as I am not comfortable parking it outside on the road. No success so far.
Congrats to you ananth for booking the scorpio and hope it arrives soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Hondadude, when did you book and what variant? Forget the second question. I went through the whole post and got my answer - the one with airbags.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 05:30   #268
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Hondadude, when did you book and what variant? Forget the second question. I went through the whole post and got my answer - the one with airbags.
I initially booked it early Nov but then asked them to hold off waiting for airbags version, I don't remember the exact date but probably late Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Congrats hondadude - it has been a long wait. After seeing it at stockyard, again been travelling so not have been able to submit the papers for regsitration as yet. Now its other way round- the dealer has been chasing me. Submitting my papers tomorrow and then may be Monday it gets registered and may be by 27th , I may get the vehicle.
I should also get that next week. Will know more today, now that I am back to Bangalore.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:43   #269
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 873
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

Guys, I am waiting for you guys to get our At 4X4, I feel lonely right now with just me .. its always better to have a reasonable number on road.

congrats to all who are getting there AT 4wd in coming week.

-Pramod
pramods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 15:11   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thanks amit and I am sure- will wait for confirmation from your side soon. May be someday we all guys meet somewhere. Incidentally, Mumbai is midway (apprx. )for you and hondadude. So may be, you may plan sometime. There are few very enthusiastic Scorpio experts on the yahoogroup and we all are meeting somewhere in Pune on 7th Feb and hope to take the scorpio for its baptism.
Pics are yet to be edited (rightsized) so sorry for the delay.

Now, its high time, I picked up some good anti theft devices- please, give your final inputs- I am sure- you have couple of suggestions by now.
.
So Shatrughna, today is the day you are submitting the papers. Look forward to the white beast.

I didnt look for much security device as I am 101% sure that the vehicle will be taken away by thieves in less than 3 days from outside my home + lots of scratches by my well wishers. Hence I have decided to look for a safer place to park this beast. Then will book the car and look for security devices.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio VLX mhawk 4WD with Air Bags EDIT - 43000 kms update 4x4addict Long-Term Ownership Reviews 110 11th April 2013 16:16
1996 TLC Prado or 2011 Scorpio VLX 4WD kamal.sn SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 15 2nd February 2011 06:24
Scorpio VLX 4WD finally arrived home !!!! ankaps Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 17th December 2010 10:28
Scorpio Vlx or Bolero Vlx vraghuz SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 22 6th July 2010 22:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks