Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 26th January 2010, 21:26   #271
BHPian

Sorry- due to holidays- car still not registered. likely to go for CRTM tomorrow and registration may be done day after tomorrow. Delivery may take a day more- may be Friday or else, Monday. Lets see.

Till now no security gadgets purchased and intend to keep it parked in the society compound. Had ordered Petes box for it and its already delivered. Will install it after intial run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
So Shatrughna, today is the day you are submitting the papers. Look forward to the white beast.

I didnt look for much security device as I am 101% sure that the vehicle will be taken away by thieves in less than 3 days from outside my home + lots of scratches by my well wishers. Hence I have decided to look for a safer place to park this beast. Then will book the car and look for security devices.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 14:01   #272
Senior - BHPian

There is a price difference of 10K between what Dealer is showing as ex-showroom price and what is listed on the website. Has anyone who have bought Scorpio recently, noticed it and how are you resolving this ?

I am trying to get quotes from other dealers to compare.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 16:28   #273
BHPian

Hi, a few days back I raised this query with the mahindra helpline guy who directed my call to the dealer. Dealer's version is that the prices displayed on the website need not be updated and therefore there is an advisory / disclaimer mentioned that "please, contact the dealer for exact prices". Incidentally, the difference of Rs.10000/- between the prices shown on the website and the dealers quote- is a traditional gap and has been ever exisiting. Since, helpline guys are elusive and non-committal, this query perhaps has to be directed to someone higher up in M&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
There is a price difference of 10K between what Dealer is showing as ex-showroom price and what is listed on the website. Has anyone who have bought Scorpio recently, noticed it and how are you resolving this ?

I am trying to get quotes from other dealers to compare.
Old 28th January 2010, 22:16   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Hi, a few days back I raised this query with the mahindra helpline guy who directed my call to the dealer. Dealer's version is that the prices displayed on the website need not be updated and therefore there is an advisory / disclaimer mentioned that "please, contact the dealer for exact prices". Incidentally, the difference of Rs.10000/- between the prices shown on the website and the dealers quote- is a traditional gap and has been ever exisiting. Since, helpline guys are elusive and non-committal, this query perhaps has to be directed to someone higher up in M&M.
Shatrughna, the price that the dealer is quoting me matches the website absolutely in CBE. My vehicle has been invoiced and true the prices have gone up about 10K in Jan 2010 - but the website is updated as well.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 23:17   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Shatrughna, the price that the dealer is quoting me matches the website absolutely in CBE. My vehicle has been invoiced and true the prices have gone up about 10K in Jan 2010 - but the website is updated as well.
This is good to know and will motivate me to push dealer on this issue.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:01   #276
Senior - BHPian

Good news. I had sent an e-mail to Mahindra customer care yesterday and today I got call from dealer that they are willing to go with the ex-showroom price listed on the website.

Kudos to Mahindra for sorting this out!
Old 31st January 2010, 14:43   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good news. I had sent an e-mail to Mahindra customer care yesterday and today I got call from dealer that they are willing to go with the ex-showroom price listed on the website.

Kudos to Mahindra for sorting this out!
thats great news, so does this means effective registration charges and insurance will also see a dip ( though nominal) ?
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 22:07   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats great news, so does this means effective registration charges and insurance will also see a dip ( though nominal) ?
Yup. In Bangalore it is 17.6% for cars above 10L so yes, there would be a minor impact. More than the money (10K is not a large sum considering I am buying something that is going to cost me around 13.5L on road) it was the issue of trying to get away with charging extra. The price is listed on the website and consumers are aware so dealers gotta watch out.
Old 1st February 2010, 07:26   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Yup. In Bangalore it is 17.6% for cars above 10L so yes, there would be a minor impact. More than the money (10K is not a large sum considering I am buying something that is going to cost me around 13.5L on road) it was the issue of trying to get away with charging extra. The price is listed on the website and consumers are aware so dealers gotta watch out.
Good for you hondadude. It's our money. No real reason we should hand it over to the dealer just like that.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 07:33   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, do me a favor. Calculate the road tax in your respective cities yourself and see if there is a difference between what you have and what the dealer has mentioned.

Then get ready for fireworks.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 09:21   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Now, do me a favor. Calculate the road tax in your respective cities yourself and see if there is a difference between what you have and what the dealer has mentioned.

Then get ready for fireworks.
At least in my case, Dealer (SKS) is quoting correct tax for Bangalore so no issues on that front. However you are right because most of the people who buy cars do not bother checking about these details.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:12   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At least in my case, Dealer (SKS) is quoting correct tax for Bangalore so no issues on that front. However you are right because most of the people who buy cars do not bother checking about these details.
Every penny counts, 10K is a decent amount of saving. May be insurance will be cheaper if the dealer is put under pressure.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:31   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Every penny counts, 10K is a decent amount of saving. May be insurance will be cheaper if the dealer is put under pressure.
Taking a cue out of hondadude's post, I have also written a mail to mahindra and they have reverted that they will revert in few days. earlier when I made a telephonic enquiry, they diverted the call to the dealer who gave vague responses.

I had opted for self insurance and there is a difference of Rs.14K in the insurance premium as quoted by the dealer and what I got it for.
There is already a service charge of approx. 6-8K added in regsitration amount. Wonder where the money goes.
Old 14th February 2010, 18:54   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Taking a cue out of hondadude's post, I have also written a mail to mahindra and they have reverted that they will revert in few days. earlier when I made a telephonic enquiry, they diverted the call to the dealer who gave vague responses.

I had opted for self insurance and there is a difference of Rs.14K in the insurance premium as quoted by the dealer and what I got it for.
There is already a service charge of approx. 6-8K added in regsitration amount. Wonder where the money goes.
the money goes in the pockets of the rto agents who may not even see your car before okaying it. his travel costs and dealers margin.

when are you getting your beast ? I have been trying to find it in Initial Ownership reports section.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:06   #285
BHPian

Default SHREK-II arrrived

I got the vehicle finally delivered at doorstep on 26th Feb and pretty happy with it. Had taken it for a test drive -approx. 400kms and back from there just now. Will post it in the appropriate forum soon.

And after posting it will post a link here as well.

Quote:
the money goes in the pockets of the rto agents who may not even see your car before okaying it. his travel costs and dealers margin.

when are you getting your beast ? I have been trying to find it in Initial Ownership reports section.