Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 24th August 2011, 14:13   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?

Ajit,

I missed seeing your thread until today. Thought I should write on it. I have a Santro AT (2006) and bought myself a Scorpio AT 18 months ago. Didn't go for the 4x4 because I really have no interest in off-roading and a regular 4x2 does perfectly well for all other roads.

Let me try and set to rest some of your concerns. There have been some earlier concerns on the Scorpio AT - I myself had some, but nothing that the Service Center at (even) Coimbatore couldn't get sorted. Worst comes worst they dial into M&M and get expert advice from them. To-date any issues that I have taken up with them they have been very nice and they have done a thorough job of it. I am sure if I get that the service I get Coimbatore you would get far better at Bangalore for the simple reason that there are a sum total of only about 15 Scorpio ATs sold in Coimbatore thus far and I am sure the Bangalore number will be much higher.

M&M is quite responsive in how the fix "bugs" on their car and I am seeing them constantly make tweaks - hence I am sure today, 18 months down from when I got the car, you will have a much better vehicle. Trust me, for the price I paid (and I have to admit I bought it before the last 2 rounds of hefty price increase) it is a great car to own and drive.
ananth_iy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 16:02   #332
BHPian

Thanks Ananth for your post and it certainly help build my confidence further in the vehicle, especially as your feedback has been very consistent with what I have received from all the people I have spoken to about (specifically AT).
ajitkumarlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 16:44   #333
BHPian

Seems like my saga with MnM is not going to end so soon!

After the email conversation with MnM rep, I was told the vehicle will be billed (shipped from factory) by end of this month (Aug). However, over the weekend I got another automated SMS stating delivery will be now on 22nd Sep.

Now I have a different worry, it might be a proven package as a whole, but if they are not able to source spare parts from their vendor, how will they provide service/support for the vehicle in the future.

For that matter all those who have a AT today and has a failure of the AT and needs replacement they will have to wait for the spare parts with no end date!!!
Old 3rd September 2011, 00:31   #334
BHPian

Well all procurement and production issues sorted out...

The vehicle was shipped (billed as they call it) out of the factory yesterday and should be available with the dealer with in 7 days!!!
Old 10th September 2011, 00:23   #335
BHPian

finally the vehicle is here in Bangalore at the stock yard, going tomorrow for PDI...
Old 12th September 2011, 12:23   #336
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb View Post
Seems like my saga with MnM is not going to end so soon!

" it might be a proven package as a whole"

I wonder if it is? I mean the AT in India. Have a friend in Mumbai who was very happy with AT Santro and bought a Scorpio AT - 4X4, sold it off in distress, met him in Ahmedabad only yesterday and were talking about the very issue. His AT had so many porblems the ASC were clueless about including simple things like what oil to put inside the AT box!!! They took days to get the Auto box synchronized still could not, they took it back in a buy-back scheme :(

Don't want to be an alarmist but giving an AT to the ASC is like giving a Rubix cube to a 2nd Std student to solve

All the best and hoping your M&M Saga would be happy.

--Ramky
======
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 14:28   #337
BHPian

Well the vehicle is here in Bangalore, ready to be delivered any time now!!! did some PDI on saturday!

thats not good to hear at this time :(, but any way too deep in it to reconsider!

The last piece of info which pushed me ahead was, I happen to know the manager of a M&M service center through a friend, infact my friend came to know of him when one of their vehicle had issues and managed to pull some strings in M&M, this manager was recomended by M&M and he did resolve the problem.

I have already visited him couple of times and have bugged him about all the questions I could ask

now waiting with my fingers crossed, counting minutes
Old 15th September 2011, 16:24   #338
BHPian

OK collected the vehicle yesterday!!!!! More on the vehicle and buying experience coming shortly!
Old 16th October 2011, 22:32   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Information from confidential sources:
M&M is sitting on huge stocks of the Scorpio VLX Automatic 4WD, unbilled even to dealers.

Wonder what's making the Automatic 4WD so unpopular - also, what might be the reason that ajitkumarlb's vehicle took so long to be delivered.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 11:33   #340
BHPian

As I understand from M&M folks here in BLR, the issue is with all ATs not the AT+4x4 combination.

They are having some issue with the AT gear box supply, either its the supplier or the supply chain, not sure what though!

The AT gear box is supplied to M&M from an Australian company (I forget the name), if I recollect it right, it had filed bankruptcy couple of year back and last I remember reading a Chinese company bought/invested in it.

Or the other theory is, as AT & AT+4x4 is low volume for M&M and usually built to order, may be they are freeing up/redirecting production bandwidth for the newly launched XUV500.

--

I am yet to write the review, its been a crazy month at office since I got the vehicle. Only irritation is not sufficient/usable storage space around the driver, minus that its been going very well, nothing about the vehicle has bother me yet, driven about 2k kms now and I have had only good exeperience till now.
Old 31st October 2011, 14:25   #341
BHPian

Congratulations Ajit, am eagerly awaiting your review as want to buy an automatic SUV/MUV with a budget of 15 lakhs and the Scorpio is the only option! But am unsure of a Mahindra... have been spoilt silly by Honda.
bajajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 23:32   #342
BHPian

Finally here is the review of the buying and post delivery experience:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...4-airbags.html
ajitkumarlb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote