Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 16th February 2009, 12:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@ SUman: Well I didnt get you? Did I miss anything or say something that i should not have!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If it is a bounce, then what Headers has said is quite correct. The Safari in this case would take the hit somewhere on the front grille whereas a low slung sedan would have it landing on the bonnet!

Does that sound right?
I don't want to get into a major debate on this but I'd say it also depends on the distance - I've had a chip on my Safari windscreen caused by a stone ejected by the rear wheel of a sedan that was a good two car lengths away

Difficult to generalize I'd say. Of course, if we are talking about a rubber ball bouncing concept that's different. But stones have been known to do strange things......

Last edited by suman : 16th February 2009 at 12:29.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 12:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thanks for the painstaking analysis and the effort you're putting in to try to "deduce" this - but it ok. I totally believe Sunish - and the details are not important - these things happen weirdly and I've been through a couple myself.

Right now its the final lap, lets see if I hit the finish line.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 12:35   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If it is a bounce, then what Headers has said is quite correct. The Safari in this case would take the hit somewhere on the front grille whereas a low slung sedan would have it landing on the bonnet!

Does that sound right?
Sir, you read my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I've had a chip on my Safari windscreen caused by a stone ejected by the rear wheel of a sedan that was a good two car lengths away

Difficult to generalize I'd say. Of course, if we are talking about a rubber ball bouncing concept that's different. But stones have been known to do strange things......
I quite agree with you Suman, especially Stones doing strange things part

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post

Right now its the final lap, lets see if I hit the finish line.
We bet, you do hit the finish line - Congrats
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 15:39   #124
BHPian

Come on Zenx...Waiting for the final verdict.
I have been following this thread from day one and also did log in on Saturday to hear the good news but saw another delay.

The wait is killing.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 15:45   #125
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is. Let me just say we haven't "arrived at a number" yet, and the research to arrive at a real "fair price" is still on. Really want to close this either way, and should be doing that soon.

Sorry about the suspense
Old 16th February 2009, 16:21   #126
Senior - BHPian

More on this story .... :(

Just called up (make that 5 calls) Concorde to figure out exactly how much extended warranty costs - and they said I could not buy this on an 8 months old vehicle! My understanding was that this can be done anytime within a year of the initial purchase. Is it "safe" to have a Safari without the extended warranty ? Was the person at Concorde correct (the folks at dealerships aren't always the best informed about their products) ?
Old 16th February 2009, 16:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Just called up (make that 5 calls) Concorde to figure out exactly how much extended warranty costs - and they said I could not buy this on an 8 months old vehicle! ...
And according to him, when can you buy the extended warranty?

He obviously does not know what he is talking about! Extended warranty can be brought only during the initial warranty period, regardless it being the first month or the last month!

Call again and talk to someone who knows the right fact. And maybe try some other T.A.S.S.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 16:40   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just called up (make that 5 calls) Concorde to figure out exactly how much extended warranty costs - and they said I could not buy this on an 8 months old vehicle! My understanding was that this can be done anytime within a year of the initial purchase. Is it "safe" to have a Safari without the extended warranty ? Was the person at Concorde correct (the folks at dealerships aren't always the best informed about their products) ?
Of course you can buy it now - refer here
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know

The rate goes up the later you buy it, that's all. And extended warranty is a must
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 16:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

@HappyWheel - looks like you're right - just found this: Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know

So it seems the extended warranty will cost be about 6625/8125 depending on the option picked!

Edit : Suman, you just beat me to the draw. I guess my education about TML dealerships has commenced

Last edited by zenx : 16th February 2009 at 16:46.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:47   #130
BHPian

Quote:

I believe the folks there dont know. According to what I know a owner can buy extended warranty during his initial warranty period. The only caveat being the earlier he buys, lesser the premium.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 18:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

While inquiring for a used TATA SAFARI myself, Concorde Hyderabad were very helpful. Anyways what they told me that most cars from Concorde are pre packaged with extended warranty. You can buy extended warranty upto 400 days of purchase. Cost is Rs 5,800/-.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 19:23   #132
Senior - BHPian

Oh well, its off. No consensus on price. Thanks guys for the great inputs, I'm now convinced the next change is a Safari, and its due

So the hunt begins afresh....
Old 17th February 2009, 01:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh well, its off. No consensus on price. Thanks guys for the great inputs, I'm now convinced the next change is a Safari, and its due

So the hunt begins afresh....
Oh well, too bad it didn't work out.

Best of luck with the hunt and, yes, please do keep us updated.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 07:46   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Best of luck with the hunt and, yes, please do keep us updated.
Thanks. Sure - will keep posted - and more. After all TBhp advice has been invaluable for getting a hang of whether the vehicle's a good buy.
Old 17th February 2009, 07:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

i wanted to upgrade my 18+ 18 month warranty to an 18+30 month warranty, and my TASS said that it was not possible :(
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote