Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 5th March 2009, 16:09   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Would you not fall in love with a girl at the thought of "god forbid" fighting and breaking up with her in the future.

Would you shy away from marriage just at the thought of future arguments with your to be wife.

Would you shy away from living with a fear of death.

Go Reclaim your life.
Pavan One more line to be added before Go Reclaim your Life

TASS is like a Father in law's house, u might be treated well sometime or kicked sometime we need to bare with them.

Go Reclaim your life.

Suman ji what say on the above sentence.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 16:39   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Pavan One more line to be added before Go Reclaim your Life

TASS is like a Father in law's house, u might be treated well sometime or kicked sometime we need to bear with them.

Go Reclaim your life.

Suman ji what say on the above sentence.
life gets boring without niggling wife and In-laws.

BTW where is the thread starter?

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 5th March 2009 at 16:41.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 17:37   #33
BHPian

All whoever have responded on this, a BIG thanks for helping me out. And I had really some good laugh at these "Would you not fall in love with a beautiful girl and instead chose uglier one as life partner thinking former would be more prone to envy/ogling/breakdown/high maintenance"

men are men at the end of day :-P

But I agree with that wholeheartedly, but my worries were mainly due to the probability of actually ending up with a bad product?

You do not want to fall in love with a Babe and then start taking her to the hospital every now and then, rather you will go to movies, pubs etc, with is rather enjoyable.

But to be honest, Safari is something I always wanted to own, if I have to be honest.... and did you check the GX? It has finally been launched, I have dropped a post (Indian car scene) with the details, but it has not yet been approved by the Mods...

Tata Safari - Safari DICOR

I want to own the vehicle as long as I possibly can, how many years one should be loking at to own it for.. I mean.. after how long normally the major parts starts to fall apart, so you have to change the vehicle... I am not one who likes to change the models every now and then. I mean, I get attached to whatever I own, a car is just too special for me, and that is not just machine for me, hence asking, hope you understand my point.
Shyamtanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 20:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Actually the Safari users on this forums are quite knowledgeable and finicky lot I have not seen any other CAR user group where people remember ECU codes and can discuss on and on over each characterstic, T.
Shyamtanu - Can't agree more, and my sincere respect to that, only a true car lover and enthusiast would delve into such triffling (otherwise) matters. This is going to be another reassuring factor, if i actually end up buying this one :-)

Quote:
1. The EGR issue was not an issue see the latest update on that, I also participated in survey .. it's a funny story check the 2.2 VTT thread.
Few people noticed some krr krr sound which is climed to be EGR valve
opening and closing sound , I am till not unable to hear it.
Now compare this to any other normal Diesel vehicle owner do they ever bother if this one perticular note is X valve of Y valve.
Shyamtanu - well if that is the case (I read it), great!

Quote:
2. The turbo hose slip problem is faced by exactly 3 people out of approx 100+ safari owners on this board. And what is this issue exactly the metal clamp around a rubber hose is not tightly in place so it slipped causing turbo loss. Solution while taking delivery ask mechnic to tighten the clamp of 1 red/orange color pipe in engine bay for peace of your mind.
Shyamtanu - Yes I saw the photu... thanks to whoever put up the photo, does not look that serious an issue, my Alto Lxi used to shoot the water to everywhere except the window glass! And I manually fixed it myself with a needle, the service personnel however said 'this is normal'

Quote:
You can say most of us on this boards have Safari desire to dig technical details,study and internet access to post but our jobs don't leave much time to actually travel.
Shyamtanu - And I keenly follow them, for any car, not just Safari, just to share something, I happen to be a Mechanical engineer, ended up in IT though, but I always get mesmerized by IC engines still :-)

Quote:
For Safari Speaker size is 6 inch and JBL 608C is right component , If you fit
smaller or bigger then ICE guy had to do cutting / packing and in the process some thing or other will be left loose resulting in rattle and you will go to TASS not knowing fully what is rattling where.

I don't mean that everyone does like that but you need to find good installers.
Shyamtanu - Do you mean we should throw away the ICE that Tata gives, guess that is a Blaupunkt?
Old 6th March 2009, 21:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
Shyamtanu - Can't agree more, and my sincere respect to that, only a true car lover and enthusiast would delve into such triffling (otherwise) matters. This is going to be another reassuring factor, if i actually end up buying this one :-)
There could be another POV on this: You are forced to get DEEP into all this because there is no other solution than to find one yourself, LOL!
Everyone buying the vehicle is NOT an enthusiast; most just want it to perform and deliver. They had no intentions of getting into R&D!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 18:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
There could be another POV on this: You are forced to get DEEP into all this because there is no other solution than to find one yourself, LOL!
Everyone buying the vehicle is NOT an enthusiast; most just want it to perform and deliver. They had no intentions of getting into R&D!
That is indeed a word of caution, however, do not scorpios get such service light warnings?
Old 24th August 2009, 20:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
That is indeed a word of caution, however, do not scorpios get such service light warnings?

Shayamtanu,
Although many people have summed up their experience in their own way, but one fact remains same This Vehicle has something in it which attracts everyone.
It is like a pure Bullet Experience. I own a bullet (98 Machismo - 1,06570 Kms) and i own a Safari 2.2VTT ( 2007 EX 61,000 Kms), Scorpio (2005, 95,000 Kms).
Both vehicle has their own set of problems but comfort level in Safari is literally unmatched. And yes if you compare cost of ownership of both vehicles they are almost same.
Our Safari is used for company purpose and like Adc has gone to remote areas, and driven by Jeep/Truck drivers. But she is still doing great and we are planning to buy second Safari on this Dewali .

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote