| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th August 2009, 17:49||#61|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
i bought xylo e8
had evaluated both innova and xylo, before choosing a xylo E8 ABS, I got it delivered last month and have now driven 2100 kms in it, i went through the below process of evaluation,
a) i had driven innova extensively, over more than 5000 kms over a period of 2 years. It is one hell of an MUV, great road manners and dynamics, feels absolutely like driving a normal RWD sedan. But i felt it was under powdered, i had upgraded from an accent VIVA CRDI with petes tuning box and found innova too sluggish for my liking.
b) i went with xylo because of following reasons, in the descending order of importance for me.
1) My budget was limited to 9.5 lakhs max, at this price, i could only buy the innova base version.
2) I found xylo's engine more powerful and peppy, after 15,000 kms i plan to add a pete's tuning box which will help me tap 145 bhp from this engine.
3) Space in Xylo was much better, especially the third row.
4) Xylo had better GC, allowing me to do some softroading and drive thru some bad village roads which i can't do with an innova.
4) I do 2500-3000 kms a month and XYLO was being offered with 100,000 kms shield warranty from mahindra, additionally service costs and cost of spare parts are typically 10-15% cheaper with mahindras.
I did not like the following things in Xylo
1) Body roll at high speeds is much higher than innova, you will not like this if you are graduating from a sedan and probably will take few thousand kilometers to get used to it.
2) quality of plastics inside is cheap,
3) Too many creaks and squeaks inside the cabin, NVH levels are much higher than what you get in a sedan
I found xylo to be worth the money that i was willing to pay for. It is not the best MUV for sure, but great value for money at the price it is being offered, let me put it this way, Innova is a better MUV, but XYLO E8 with ABS is a steal at the price at which it is being offered. I paid 8.92 on the road with insurance, tax, under body coating for XYLO E8 with alloy wheels, ABS, Digital Drive assit, reverse parking sensors, 2 DIN audio system, all stock.
|26th August 2009, 18:16||#62|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 2,031 Times
yes, innova's handling is way better than the xylo.
as far as the other points are concerned, my replies below:
1) my definition of refinement: good NVH. the innova's engine is more noisy than the xylo & tyre noise is more in innova too.
2) driveability: not trying to contradict your views, but as far as i am concerned, xylo is more driveable. it offers better preformance too. i dont know how many would agree to numbers but xylo's 0-100 kmph timing is 14.6 seconds & innova's is 17.3 seconds. i would like to state here that my comment on the xylo's driveability is not based on the above numbers.
3) forget the height adjustment. there are many other cool features in the xylo which the innova does not offer, except airbags & automatic climate control.
4) toughness: innova's body is very weak. i have numerous incidents & experiences to share on this. the paint quality of innova is pathetic. i am saying this on account of my own ownership experience. no such problems with the xylo.
|26th August 2009, 18:20||#63|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Thanked: 109 Times
I have my bet on the Xylo and I am quite happy with it. Please understand that I was a prospective Innova customer.
I agree with raj that most people who have never sat or driven a Xylo pass biased comments, primary reason being the Xylo is not a looker.
Asthetcis can be improved on after market fitmets. A tyre upgrade and decent set of wheels will surely give the Xylo an even meaner stance. Mine are on the way.
Let me add, the ingress is much easier for the Innova than the Xylo.
Last edited by beejay : 26th August 2009 at 18:22. Reason: Let me add...
|26th August 2009, 20:08||#64|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 356 Times
@ ET: Comparing Innova and Xylo are like comparing apples and oranges, or rather Washington Apples and Kashmir Apples (You take your pick, which is which)
Everyone here acknowledges that the Innova is a superb product but that superb ness does come at a cost and about 2-3 lakhs at that. If someone has the money there is nothing like it, but if someone is constrained on budget front, then the Xylo is a very good buy. And forget not each has its own pros and cons as reported by others. In the end to sum it up nicely, its like travelling either in Business Class or First Class on a flight.
|11th September 2009, 17:42||#66|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Thanked: 56 Times
Go for Innova
I strongly advice you to go for Innova.Whatever may be the features in Xylo, Innova is far superior.
|19th September 2009, 17:05||#67|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 7 Times
I was in the same dilemma last week.
But last week, i booked Innova after going through our enclyclopedia of TEAM BHP. Overall, i feel toyota innova is a better package than Xylo.
My vote is for Innova!!!!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Innova V/S Xylo||raj_5004||The Indian Car Scene||243||20th November 2010 19:51|
|M&M launches Xylo variant - Xylo D2, with new Engine||H3LIOS||The Indian Car Scene||61||11th November 2010 22:34|
|Countdown to new Xylo 'Happy legs' TV ad.. Will they launch a new Xylo?||Finject||The Indian Car Scene||19||19th May 2010 18:28|
|Mahindra Xylo or Toyota Innova Chevrolet Tavera?||Archish||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||58||1st May 2009 09:56|