Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 20:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
8. Tyre foam sprayed on. This thing is like snow. After spraying it melts and drips out automatically and gives a very cool shiny look to the tyres. Will buy a bottle of this later. -
Attachment 131159
Sen good going keep the photos coming and can you post the after effect picture of the result of spray.
Old 1st May 2009, 21:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

Please start a initial review thread!

Wrong section to now discuss your initial ownership reviews and experience.

All this, once you get yourself off the vehicle!!!
Old 1st May 2009, 23:20   #153

The foam is a tyre cleaner foam. The are commonly available and work very nice to give the tyres a streaking shine. here is a pic to give you an idea

Old 3rd May 2009, 01:32   #154

Great set of pics. The safari looks wow. I am sure you must be loving every moment behind the wheel. And what great celebrations. done in style with champagne and stuff. Cheers
And hey , how much did those alloys cost? which brand / size?
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:57   #155
Senior - BHPian

let me not be out of these celebrations....congratulations !!!

Now that you have all the answers and a happy L/Wife , you can start an Initial ownership thread now and continue from there.
Old 3rd May 2009, 14:13   #156

Fantastic Bro :-)

I showed your Safari snaps to my wife, and looks the mountain green will be the one for us as well, God.. please end this recession.
All the best with your new partner on road.
Old 3rd May 2009, 22:30   #157
Smile Thanks Thanks and Thanks... The Story continues

The Story will continue in this thread from now -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tt-vx-4x4.html (Tata Safari (2009) 2.2 VTT VX 4x4)

Hey Suresh.. dude where are you? I am missing you in my Initial ownership thread.

Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Sen good going keep the photos coming and can you post the after effect picture of the result of spray.
Sorry I did not take pictures then. I will buy a tyre shine foam in a few days and will post detailed pics in my Initial Ownership Thread mentioned above.

Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Lovely Car , Amazing Celebration snaps. Very happy for you.

Just cant understand, you said mountain green , while your beast looks stunningly handsome - is this the same color ? Doesnt look green to me.

Also, go on some long drive and post a travelogue. Should be fun reading given your style of putting your feelings down so accurately.
Thanks a lot mate.

I think there were some lighting issues. This car looks quite different in various light conditions. Please check out earlier snaps taken during broad daylight.

Long drive is on the cards. Right now finance has become extremely tight. However that did not stop me from buying it, so I have every reason to be bullish on the drive as well.

Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Looks like you got the Michellin LTX AT2 as opposed to the Michellin LTX AT. I prefer the tread pattern of the AT since it seems to me more off-road biased and the AT2 seem to have a more highway bias.

This is the earlier AT model.
Michelin India - LTX A/T
You are correct. I checked it out and enquired with the dealer and Michelin people.
They are saying AT2 also has quite decent offroad performance and is much better for highways. Also, At is available only in 255/65 as opposed to my stock size 235/70 R16.
Hence was the choice.
However, AT would definitely have been a better offroader any day.

Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
Congrats Sen! that is one heck of a celebration.

I love the part about getting up in the middle of the night to realize it is not time yet. Feels like the anxious kid who cant get enough of the new toy.

Happy wheeling man! enjoy!
Hey Thanks Dude!

Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Congrats sen what a celebration,

On the Tyre front buy a 12 V Tyre inflator it is more useful then a jack.
If the tubeless gets punctured it takes days before it becomes flat you can always top up the pressure and return to some puncture repair shop.

Also buy a surv tubeless repair kit in case you are interested in DIY.

I am considering that. In this forum I read about the lack of availability of good 12V pump. However, I will probably buy a foot pump in near future and a 12V one as and when budget permits.
I have gotten a free tubeless repair kit from my tyre dealer. Did not check the brand though. Will buy your mentioned brand once this one is used up or expires unused.

Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Now thats the way to celebrate!!! Congrats on the great buy.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi sen, i stay in hiranandani,powai. i am a regular visitor to this road in mulund as it is full of car accessory shops on both sides. isnt it called sarvodaya nagar?
anyways, this dealer you mentioned- tyrex, does he sell alloys of different brands too? or is he just a tyre dealer?
Yes it is Sarvodaya Nagar.
He keeps lots of alloys, but i have not enquired about them much.
Hey... why don't we catch up sometime?

Originally Posted by suman View Post
Simply smashing. The pics looked more like a Mega Brand Launch party but - Way to go!!!!!!!

Now time to get some dirt on those tyres & the nice shiny exterior
I am itching to do that.

Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Congrats, that color looks amazing, very well suited for beast.

I am not really surprised about your preps and initial bubbles for the car. I think most of us went through the same feeling. Its just that you are vocal about it.

I remember when I bought my Indica, I used to peep through the window at night to give a look at the car, at the middle of the night.

Enjoy the beast and have fun. Post your initial experience.
Thanks man.
I have started an initial ownership thread and the link is above. Do drop in their and post your comments man.

Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think you are going to make you wife jealous. It's almost like a second wedding !!
Closed Thread