Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 9th May 2009, 22:53   #16
BHPian

Hey Umang,

Congratulations on your decision and Welcome to The Tata Safari Owners club.
Pashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 08:53   #17
BHPian

Thanks once again. This forum is really amazing the warmth and camaraderie shown is simply awesome. I have never felt more welcome in my life .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Congratulations mate.

You should however get the breakdown of the 10.76 lakhs OTR price just to make sure that they are keeping their promise of the 17K additional discount to the 25K Tata motors discount. Frankly, I don't trust most dealerships..

The extended warranty costs $6500.
Here is my understanding of the discount that I got

A) Tata Motors - 25k

B) Discount on insurance - 12000/-
extended warranty - 5600/- (from what i understood they had already thrown in a years additional warranty and hence I just bargained for an additional year worth around 1200/- )
Accessories - 4112/ - (source the safari website) also
Waiver of logistic charges - 1500/- (don't know what this really means)

C) Waiver of processing fee - 3500/- (this is the loan processing fee)

Hope this helps set a benchmark to help future safari owners bargain for something better. In Gujarat atleast the Safari is a pretty slow moving item and most dealers do not have ready stock of the GX as yet and so the freebies offered are limited or and don't know how to bargain.

Anyway the deal is done so now I can't wait to take delivery and share the pics of my new safari here.
umang dutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 12:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post
So finally here's the deal that I got.
For 10.76 lakhs - Car + 4 year warranty + Insurance & the usual floor mats + mud flaps and registration etc all taken care off, all at a supposed discount of around 17k over the 25,000/- by Tata Motors.

Delivery is on the 14th and will keep you guys posted and yeah have taken a print out of the pre-delivery inspection checklist and will carry it to the dealer while taking delivery.

Thanks once again for helping me make up my mind.

Umang
Congratulations on the decision , I was eagerly awaiting someone to buy a GX and post pictures of the dual interiors.

Can you also find out the OEM for the reverse sensors, nobody seems to know it yet.

Do start an ownership report once you take the delivery.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 13:06   #19
BHPian

Smile Congrat!

Hey.. congrats dude!

What color combi have you chosen?

For your Mysore/Bangalore trip I will advise you to take details of a good TASS from "hrag" in that area as you'll be over 1500KM if you keep the service pending till coming back to Ahmedabad. Also keep you timetable flexible to accommodate at least one day delay for the service duration.

I think you got a great bargain.

End of it, we buy this car not for VFM or such petty stuff. Let the sales people be happy with a fatter commission. You are getting the KING, will be treated as a KING on the road... let it be that way at the showroom as well.
sen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Umang on the decision!

Is this going to be the first GX here???

And thankfully your made the decision and posted it before this thread went the usual way with certain posts bringing in the unwanted comments! As always!

Quote:
...The extended warranty costs $6500.
Hi 4x4, whats with this figure in $? Converted from INR to $ to be converted back to INR, is it?

But wait, from where did you get this value? I assume you are saying US$, so as per you, it is close to 3laks for extended warranty? (@45Rs) Or is it just a typo on the currency?
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 13:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Congratulations on the decision , I was eagerly awaiting someone to buy a GX and post pictures of the dual interiors.

Can you also find out the OEM for the reverse sensors, nobody seems to know it yet.

Do start an ownership report once you take the delivery.
Sure will try and find out and let you know and will do the ownership report too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Hey.. congrats dude!

What color combi have you chosen?
I have chosen the Cycus grey + Artic silver combination and thanks for the tip, I will try and find out the best place to get it services in B'lore / Mysore.

I had another question, lots of them actually
1. I went through all the threads about sunfilms and from what i gather one needs atleast 50% visibility on the sides and 70% for the front and back and there were references to these films conforming to RTO rules. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of these rules online ??

2. Request existing safari owners to help me with this one : Is the nudge guard helpful / necessary on the safari. The Tata showroom guys are quoting around 11k for it and I thought I'd check if any of you have had any experience that would warrant spending this kind of money
Old 12th May 2009, 23:07   #22
BHPian

Congrats... I too am on the process of choosing between the Innova and the Safari GX.

Last week i was at Kolkata, went to the Tata showroom there and found a Silver GX with all the details advertised (including the indicators on the rearview mirrors and the Reverse sensor instead of the camera as in VX) except it was in SIngle tone Silver color. Inquired about the discrepancy but the sales staff there were not too knowledgeable.

Is it possible to get the GX version in Single tone color?

Puffy.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 05:10   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Last week i was at Kolkata, went to the Tata showroom there and found a Silver GX with all the details advertised (including the indicators on the rearview mirrors and the Reverse sensor instead of the camera as in VX) except it was in SIngle tone Silver color. Inquired about the discrepancy but the sales staff there were not too knowledgeable.

Is it possible to get the GX version in Single tone color?

Puffy.
I am curious how the Silver GX looks with the Cycus gray dual tone. Some I think a mettalic dark grey/charcoal grey would have gone better with Silver. I think you should be able to order the GX with single color. Contact Tata customer service directly throuhg their website. I think the silver will look much better in single color than with the cycus grey dual tone. According to the brochure the dual tone seems to be a feature available on the GX and not mandatory so if you are willing to wait a bit, I am sure that they can give you a silver GX.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 07:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I am curious how the Silver GX looks with the Cycus gray dual tone.
Well I am taking delivery tomorrow and so should be able to post some pictures

Just let me know if you want any angle in particular ...
Old 13th May 2009, 09:38   #25
BHPian

Hi umang, Extract from the Central Motor Vehicles Regulation -
The CMVR act of 1989 states that the glass of the windscreen and rear window of every vehicle shall be maintained in such a condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 70 %. The glass used for side windows are such and shall be maintained in such condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 50 %, and shall confirm to Indian Standards IS 2533 (Part 2).
Source - Autobild magzine May 10 issue.
The article in the magzine contains good info like cost,%ages of light transmission etc on the different brands of sunfilms available. Recommend you go through it.
Cheers.
nvldvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 11:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi umang, Extract from the Central Motor Vehicles Regulation -
The CMVR act of 1989 states that the glass of the windscreen and rear window of every vehicle shall be maintained in such a condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 70 %. The glass used for side windows are such and shall be maintained in such condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 50 %, and shall confirm to Indian Standards IS 2533 (Part 2).
Source - Autobild magzine May 10 issue.
The article in the magzine contains good info like cost,%ages of light transmission etc on the different brands of sunfilms available. Recommend you go through it.
Cheers.
Thanks will try and get hold of a copy and am sure it will be useful.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post
...Just let me know if you want any angle in particular ...
Ummm... all angles?
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:08   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ummm... all angles?
Don't lie down on the ground (esp. where you-know-what is bound to be present) in your quest for a good angle.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ummm... all angles?
haha well nearly all the angles , thanks to hrag's tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Don't lie down on the ground (esp. where you-know-what is bound to be present) in your quest for a good angle.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:33   #30
BHPian

congrats dear.

the decision to buy safari is always taken by heart.

So, air bags is not a matter of concern, the only thing that matters is "the big & beautiful safari".
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote