Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 8th June 2009, 11:10   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
... How ? As far as I know fitting LPG lowers the power , So a 45 Bhp Gypsy will further go down and while this may be of use to lower running costs on highway , I do not think it is of help in jungle.
. The world has moved on and it's not the mid 90's any more now sir.
A Stock 1.3l MPFI gypsy is 80+ BHP
Old 8th June 2009, 11:43   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
2. How to pull strings to buy a new Gypsy
You don't need to pull strings. A gypsy is a commercially available vehicle which can be booked. Most dealers aren't aware that a gypsy is avail. You will have to tell them to book one for you. Once i booked i didnt hear from them for 3 months and i had to personally talk to people in Gurgaon to get my gypsy released.

standrad color Gypsy: white or dark red is easily sourced and should be with you in 2-3 weeks. unfortunately good colors are no longer avail: the original bright red or bottle green for example.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:16   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Thanks for updating Khan Bhai , but my question was if LPG fitting helps in a smooth ride in anyway or not ?

When I was looking for a new ride I had absolutely no idea that a new Gypsy 1.3 is available to civilians ( dealers said so ) so was in mid 90s still and there was no good peace for resale either so chucked the idea , but T-BHP is a great place and I guess people should look at 80+BHP new Gypsy as an option.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:05   #109
Senior - BHPian

same engine as Esteem MPFI
develops 88BHP
Nice and powerful - the MPFI Gypsy is a good buy for those who actually use such a vehicle. Fuel Efficient too (comparatively) - atleast 12 on highways and 10 ish in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Old 8th June 2009, 13:08   #110
Senior - BHPian

not sure about this
as far as i ve heard the new 2.2 MHawk doesnt yet have the 4WD version
however the old 2.6 Crde does. Unfortunately since it is no longer being made, I suppose one had better write direct to M&M and request information on the same.
Otherwise for Bangalore based people just go to Mahindra office in Raheja Towers on Museum Road and ask them directly
The Regional Head here is Mr Sangameshwar. I dont know him but from all accounts he is a helpful person and will definitely guide you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Strange. M&M dealer in Cal still says they do. Didn't know they had different sales policies in Bangalore.

This is what I know too... that they sell the 2.6 CRDE with 4wd on special order.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:25   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
standrad color Gypsy: white or dark red is easily sourced and should be with you in 2-3 weeks. unfortunately good colors are no longer avail: the original bright red or bottle green for example.
IMO bottle green color is perfectly suited for wild life photography, as it easily mix with greenery & will not disturb creatures.

Other colors will definitely disturb the creatures, will find difficult to catch great photos.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:40   #112
BHPian

Default I have decided!!!

Folks,

I asked for one more round of TD of the Safari today and after driving it with family, I have finally decided to go in for the Scorpio. I will be placing the order tomorrow. Nothing against Safari, just that the leasing Quote on the Safari turned out to be on the higher side and felt that it was not worth it. Also, mind was always inclined towards Scorpio

I know I will miss the 4x4, but for 2 months in a year, I will compromise. One more thing, while driving the Safari today evening, another new Safari over took us. While doing so it was emitting dark black smoke. I asked the sales executive about it and he tried to ignore the question and did not answer.

Thanks to all for the various suggestions and advice provided, which helped me to finally decide. Now to start working on the sticker design

Now the next set of questions. I hear that it is better to go for the Michelin all terrain tyres and I can ask the dealer to exchange the tyres. Any advice on this will be helpful.

Note to moderators - Since I have decided on the vehicle and if you believe the new set of question(s) regarding the tyre and other things can be merged with some existing thread on Scorpio, please let me know and I will post a fresh question in that thread.

Regards,
Sudhir
Old 8th June 2009, 21:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

congratulation vasudhir. welcome to the scorpio club. of late, there has been a sudden increase in the demand of the scorpio, especially on T-BHP. i am sure you wont regret your decision. its a very capable vehicle. i am driving one since 2003.

i feel you wont miss the 4x4, especially when you were okay with the fusion. the scorpio is much more worthy.

regarding the tyres, i think mahindra provides either bridgestone or JK. the bridgestones are pretty cool.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:46   #114
BHPian

Woohoo, another Scorpio(n)! which color are you going in for? And which model?
Old 8th June 2009, 21:56   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Woohoo, another Scorpio(n)! which color are you going in for? And which model?
Scorpio VLX rocky beige.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Old 8th June 2009, 22:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudhir View Post
Now the next set of questions. I hear that it is better to go for the Michelin all terrain tyres and I can ask the dealer to exchange the tyres. Any advice on this will be helpful.

Note to moderators - Since I have decided on the vehicle and if you believe the new set of question(s) regarding the tyre and other things can be merged with some existing thread on Scorpio, please let me know and I will post a fresh question in that thread.
@sudhir: Congrats.

I hope this thread will give you a few tips regarding AT tires upgrade for your scorpio.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...y-scorpio.html (Suggest a good set of AT tyres for my scorpio.)

Last edited by badboyscad : 8th June 2009 at 22:06.
Old 8th June 2009, 22:33   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudhir View Post
Folks,

Regards,
Sudhir
Hi Sudhir Shivram,

Congratulations on your new purchase. I recently changed my tyres from OE JK to Michelin AT. I can vouch that they are far better than JK's in terms of ride quality, braking and grip.

Note: My OE was not tubeless. It lasted for 48k, rather I stretched it to the maximum. I was totally unhappy with it, with repeated punctures with the first one at 1.1k.
Old 9th June 2009, 01:08   #118
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations sudhir ,
Old 9th June 2009, 10:13   #119
Team-BHP Support

Vasu, you can post tire related and other queries on any of the existing threads, or if you can't find one start a new thread.
Closed Thread