Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 28th July 2009, 00:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by abhishek dutta View Post
I guess at a time there could be 7 people traveling in the car - including two kids (who can possibly fit in at the back with appropriate modifications and an open back door window).
Think twice....

In some SUVs, the rear boot space is a crumple zone. In the event of someone rear ending the vehicle hard, the boot area crumples/crushes absorbing the energy and protecting the people in the back.

Not the correct place for children ... me thinks

Disclaimer: No idea if this is true for the Tuscan...
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 03:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

I've driven both Tucson and Captiva and I will buy Captiva hands down with my eyes close without a second thought.

The quality is much better and it feels well planted on the roads compared to the Tucson. Not much gadgetry in the Captiva though.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 10:58   #18

Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Why not consider the Captiva? I really do think it's your best bet. Great looking, seats seven, pleasant interiors and diesel economy. At 4.6m long, it sits between the Tucson / GV and the Endeavour perfectly in terms of exterior dimensions.

And atleast in urban markets, it has sold decently well, definitely exceeding the expectations a typical Team-BHPian might have of a 20-lakh GM product.

However, Captiva does not 4wd in the manual transmission mode.
abhishek dutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 13:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Tucson - Bad Idea considering resale value and maintenance

Try Captiva it is a good bet, even Grand Vitara is a better option today and lastly if you can wait go for the Fortuner in Oct.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote