Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:06   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,127
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Scorpio Query - SLE black with grey cladding?

My folks are planning to buy a Scorpio SLE soon. But they have a perplexing problem. There are only 4 shades available in SLE and they like black colour but I have come to know that the Mahindra is supplying the black SLE with grey cladding only. Which is a big no for us. Other option is to go for silver but the interior colour is beige which is another problem as it's not such a good colour combination with silver.


What I want to know is that is there anyway we could request Mahindra to get the cladding(inc bumpers) in black for black SLE or get the black allure interior in silver colour SLE? Any possibilities ?


So if anyone works for Mahindra or can shed some light on this matter then please help me out.

Cheers
Randhawa
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:31   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,032 Times
Default

Tell me about it, I was so dying to get my SLE in an all black, but had to eventually settle for the white as I am not a fan of the two tone paint jobs.
Another thing, IIRC the SLE irrespective of the colour on the exterior comes with the beige interiors and the VX gets the nicer black interiors.
Yet to see an all silver refreshed Scorpio though.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:42   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
What I want to know is that is there anyway we could request Mahindra to get the cladding(inc bumpers) in black for black SLE or get the black allure interior in silver colour SLE? Any possibilities ?
Cheers
Randhawa
Your best bet is to ask the dealership to get it painted for you. Will cost you a bomb though. I was in the same dilemma and nor was I a big fan of the two tone paint job.
Mahindra should have had a complete black vehicle on their shade cards.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:12   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 381 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Your best bet is to ask the dealership to get it painted for you. Will cost you a bomb though. I was in the same dilemma and nor was I a big fan of the two tone paint job.
Mahindra should have had a complete black vehicle on their shade cards.

Or find the OEM paint code and paint supplier and get it painted outside should be approx 5 to 10 K depending on negotiations.

Sometimes dealerships do the painting FOC as bargain try doing away other freebees like mats , idol ,sunfilm, polish and push for cladding painting.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:13   #5
BHPian
 
Takumi-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 364
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

get it painted from your friendly neighbourhood garage guy. It wont cost a bomb. since its the exteriors only, it wont matter much either. And I dont see how Mahindra could refuse a warranty based on claddings being painted. I plan to do the same myself when I get one. I hate the gray claddings too.


Amits idea about bargaining with the dealership sounds good too. Tell them you dont want any freebies, just the claddings painted. It should work.
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:24   #6
BHPian
 
amanmalhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I had the same concern, finally settled down for a white Scorpio. As mentioned earlier, the dealership can get it painted for you, but it costs a bomb (I was asked to shell out 17k). So, you will have to negotiate, and negotiate hard.
The other dealerships discouraged me from going for a paint job, since they felt that the paint would not look nice, and they felt that the cladding job might just stand out.
amanmalhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:33   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,974
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

I hate beige interiors and tried to get the Silver with the Black Allure interiors but corporate refused. You can try but I doubt they will oblige. As someone else suggested repainting maybe your only option.
4x4addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:41   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Usually Mahindra will not give you colour options for the interiors as per your liking.

We need to settle with whats offered. Absurd.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:38   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Well I was in a similar position as you wante dto buy the Bolero VLX and in Black. But the vehicle was available in only 3 colours and Black wasn't available. Spoke to the Dealer GM and RSM for Bolero for AP. Voila! Got my VLX in Black but it did take about 2 months.

I suggest you speak to the Brand Managers in M&M and they should be able to resolve your problem. PMing you their number.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:20   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default

get the cladding painted from the dealer itself or you can save money by getting it painted outside the dealership from a decent/reputed garage!

MM is selling vehilces to us, thats enough already!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:45   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,127
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Tell me about it, I was so dying to get my SLE in an all black, but had to eventually settle for the white as I am not a fan of the two tone paint jobs.
Another thing, IIRC the SLE irrespective of the colour on the exterior comes with the beige interiors and the VX gets the nicer black interiors.
Yet to see an all silver refreshed Scorpio though.

manson.
If TATA can provide you with different interior colour then why cant the Mahindra do it aah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Your best bet is to ask the dealership to get it painted for you. Will cost you a bomb though. I was in the same dilemma and nor was I a big fan of the two tone paint job.
Mahindra should have had a complete black vehicle on their shade cards.
Really don't fancy paying extra and also I prefer OEM paint job rather then getting it redone. Considering they will have to remove the bumpers and cladding to redo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Or find the OEM paint code and paint supplier and get it painted outside should be approx 5 to 10 K depending on negotiations.

Sometimes dealerships do the painting FOC as bargain try doing away other freebees like mats , idol ,sunfilm, polish and push for cladding painting.
I am not that lucky to get any freebees. They are offering me none as I have only two dealership around my city and booth of them are busy with their booking orders without any negotiations with the prospective buyers. Had a test drive of a new VLX with 1200 on the clock and a faulty gearbox. I mentioned about the problem and asked them to revert back to me about it after they get it checked but a week has passed and no reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Well I was in a similar position as you wante dto buy the Bolero VLX and in Black. But the vehicle was available in only 3 colours and Black wasn't available. Spoke to the Dealer GM and RSM for Bolero for AP. Voila! Got my VLX in Black but it did take about 2 months.

I suggest you speak to the Brand Managers in M&M and they should be able to resolve your problem. PMing you their number.
Thanks a lot mate, will try my luck tomorrow.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:58   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 381 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Really don't fancy paying extra and also I prefer OEM paint job rather then getting it redone. Considering they will have to remove the bumpers and cladding to redo.
no actually cladding is not removed , for a proper paint job they mask rest of the area with a thick paper and then spray paint is done in paint-booth . If the paint used is same as OEM paint then there will not be any visible difference.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:10   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,127
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

@Amitk26 That's not really a proper way to do it as it has silver base and you have to work on it before you can paint on it. For bumpers you will have to remove the fog lamps as well. Personally I would not like to do it on a 8L+ new vehicle.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:50   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 381 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Amitk26 That's not really a proper way to do it as it has silver base and you have to work on it before you can paint on it. For bumpers you will have to remove the fog lamps as well. Personally I would not like to do it on a 8L+ new vehicle.
Well .. of course silver paint needs to be sandblasted the point is rest of the body paint work is covered with Manila paper. Fog lamps , front grill etc are bolt on anyway and need to be removed.

It is lot better then removing the clading because some locks will miss anyway.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 09:37   #15
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,150
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well .. of course silver paint needs to be sandblasted the point is rest of the body paint work is covered with Manila paper. Fog lamps , front grill etc are bolt on anyway and need to be removed.

It is lot better then removing the clading because some locks will miss anyway.
I don't agree...that's a shoddy way of doing it. Anyway, the easiest workaround is the get it done yourself, I don't see an issue here. It will cost cheaper outside and you can do a custom colour on it as well. Can you imagine a dark grey cladding on the black scorp...it looks killer...I've seen one.

EDIT: 1000th post ! I'm a senior now ! yaay !
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Fiery Black Scorpio SLE. 1year update @ 22,000kms rm_arjuna Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 65 2nd September 2012 16:11
Scorpio SLE BS-IV Fiery Black my dream vehicle brought home Night_Hawk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 8th February 2011 11:51
Black Beast - My new Mahindra Scorpio MHawk SLE Ross Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 27th January 2011 18:27
A dream come true - Scorpio SLE (Black) Anoop RD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 7th December 2009 22:13
Took delivery of Black Scorpio Sle giridharl Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 18th November 2009 15:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks