Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 20th April 2010, 16:09   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
...we realized the lack of rear ac vents. This is a complete deal breaker for us....
You might want to reconsider. During my TD in pretty horrid heat, the AC was very effective.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 12:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
You might want to reconsider. During my TD in pretty horrid heat, the AC was very effective.
Its good to know that the AC is effective, but we've become so spoilt with rear AC controls on the Innova that not having them will cause problems. Often times we run into situations where the rear passengers want the vents to be at full flow while the front two keep it at a minimum. Its a feature that none of us are willing to live without !! In any case, if there is no decent people mover that comes to the market in the next 15 months, we may end up buying a Fortuner or something (again not an ideal buy for us as it is not as comfortable as an Innova); my Dad is also keen on the Yeti; lets see what happens.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:57   #48
BHPian

Default Nissan XTrail

Considering that the thrd row seating is not really that essential, what are the perceptions of the XTrail? Would it be worth consdering if I can get my hands on one in good condition? What pitfalls should I watch out for in this particular car?

P.S mods, can you please edit the title to include a new suv in contention?
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:15   #49
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

XTrail is nice worth considering, accident repairs and maintenance if something goes wrong will be very expensive, so it is important to buy at a really low price compared to the purchase price - approx target 1/3 of original buy price in 3-4 years.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
XTrail is nice worth considering, accident repairs and maintenance if something goes wrong will be very expensive, so it is important to buy at a really low price compared to the purchase price - approx target 1/3 of original buy price in 3-4 years.
So you feel it may be worth considering as long as I get a great deal on it. Would you be able to shed light on the amount of usable leg space in the rear? any particular eccentric behaviours?

Thanks
imp!
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:42   #51
BHPian

Captiva lost to Fortuner on all aspects in my comparison, Captiva was more of a citybred car crossover and also Captiva does not have a 4X4 IMO.
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:15   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Captiva lost to Fortuner on all aspects in my comparison, Captiva was more of a citybred car crossover and also Captiva does not have a 4X4 IMO.

Hi 2theMax,

Am consdering a used SUV, even so, I could consdering a Fortuner if it provided enough over the others, but, even with it's upgraded brakes, the braking system is still terrible. To say the interiors are utilitarian is being rather kind to an suv that costs 24 lacs otr Bangalore! Although I like the butch looks, I'm not paying that kind of money for the fortuner. If they throw in rear disc brakes, then I will consider it.
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:47   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
And what if one were looking at a purely urban SUV ?
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote