Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 24th September 2009, 11:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

every member here will recommend you the innova buddy, including me. the reasons are obvious, it meets your requirements perfectly.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 11:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Innova any day !!

A golden retriever requires space and emptying the 3rd row will give the dog anough space to lie and stand whenever.

Also the car is tried and tested and has the best resale value amongst all cars. And since you are most likely to sell it after 18 months or so, you will be able to sell it easily and get good money. Almost 80 % of the original cost depending on the condition of course.

The AC is wonderful and the new look Innova certainly gives a more upmarket feel.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 11:57   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Gurgaon would probably be the least expensive in terms of cost, tax and road tax, insurance etc.

Bombay, Thane, Bangalore etc are all very expensive places to buy cars.

However, I dont know if you saw what I suggested earlier - you may want to consider leasing or renting an Innova of your choice (Maybe the Top End one) - because your intention is to use it for a relatively shorter time frame, in which case an outright buy may not be the best thing, considering the depreciation and liability etc.

If you lease or rent it from a reputed company, then you get the uninterrupted use of it at a considerably reduced cost and absolutely no liability in terms of insurance, ownership, registration etc and of course the problem of what to do with it once your time period of usage is done with.

Think about this option, it may well save you some money and increase your peace of mind while giving you the same benefit of using a great car on your road trip!

Originally Posted by 10yearitch View Post
Thanks a lot guys. This is really helpful.
My bro has an Innova - Even he has been recommending the same.

I love the ride and feel of an SUV. I have never driven a family van before.

Like you suggested, I shall definitely test drive these 2 cars in India.

I have family in Bombay, Thane, and Gurgaon.
Is there any difference in terms of price or selection in these cities?

Thanks again for all your inputs.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 12:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Another vote for Innova, it's actually a no brainer. Toyota reliability and extremely satisfactory after-sales support innova a perfect choice for you.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 06:43   #20

would you be able to guide me in terms of whom I can approach for leasing the vehicle? is it possible to rent an innova (or any car) without a driver. I don't like the idea of having a stranger along with us all the time Prefer to drive on my own.

I also noticed that some of you (Raj, Shankar) who have recommended the Innova own Scorpios. I didn't mean to snoop, just happened to check your virtual garages

If it's not too much to ask, would you mind telling me why you chose the scorpio vs the innova?

I am not trying to question your suggestions/replies. Really appreciate all the help you folks have provided.

I am just curious. Please don't take it the wrong way.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2009 at 07:59.
10yearitch is offline   Reply With Quote