Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 08:56   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
7. Insurance and Road tax - Free
Are you sure about this??? Insurance is ok but road tax is a huge amount (1L+ for LX in Bangalore)!!! I know that LTT in KA is one of the highest in the country but still.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 10:23   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wondering!! How come you guys getting insurance + Road Tax free??
Bangy guys! Can you confirm if any dealer in Bangalore can afford this?...
Insurance yes, road tax - no way! That too in Bangalore! Absolutely no way Road Tax is free!!!

(Not sure why, but Ketan, all my responses to you today are in the negative! )
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 11:05   #18
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

3: Reverse sensors - 4 sensors - 2600/- (The original Safari type in the rear view mirror) ??????????/

Safari original does not even come with sensors...It comes with reverse camera only and they quote 38K for that and not at all 2600/-. Get this verified buddy...Reverse sensors do not cost above 1300-1500 in outside market these days. Camera with 7inch display which fits on the IRVM costs some 6500. I suggest you better consider reversing cam and not sensors...One of the issues with safari with sensors is the Rear Spare wheel, the sensors neglects that extra length you get eith the spare tyre unless u mount a sensor on the wheel cover which is not practical...
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 18:40   #19
BHPian
 
alexnazim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
3: Reverse sensors - 4 sensors - 2600/- (The original Safari type in the rear view mirror) ??????????/

Safari original does not even come with sensors...It comes with reverse camera only and they quote 38K for that and not at all 2600/-. Get this verified buddy...Reverse sensors do not cost above 1300-1500 in outside market these days. Camera with 7inch display which fits on the IRVM costs some 6500. I suggest you better consider reversing cam and not sensors...One of the issues with safari with sensors is the Rear Spare wheel, the sensors neglects that extra length you get eith the spare tyre unless u mount a sensor on the wheel cover which is not practical...
The ones I saw for 2600/- were like a small cube towards the right on the inside rear view mirror and two trails that kept reducing with the distance from anything behind it. Also, gave you the distance in 0.1 meters format.

These are quoted as "Ultrasonic Sensors with display in the IRVM" on the Safari dicor website here. They are the ones available with the GX version (no LCD).
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 18:48   #20
BHPian
 
alexnazim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Insurance yes, road tax - no way! That too in Bangalore! Absolutely no way Road Tax is free!!!

(Not sure why, but Ketan, all my responses to you today are in the negative! )
I am actually not sure of the free road tax part, I honestly don't understand it. Having said that what I mean is when I check the road tax for Safari on the Delhi govt. website it says 4% of cost price for Pvt. vehicles above 4Lacs and 2% for the ones below that mark which is a huge amount but not added to ex-showroom price while calculating the onroad. So, anyways it's free for me!


P.S.: Sorry mods for not multiquoting in my last post. Got carried away.

P.P.S: Raktim - I got to know you or maybe Sri called Sterling but they did not give you a good deal. They are giving me the only for you crap!

Anyways, I am taking the Rama Motors guy to Sterling tomorrow in his Safari...lol!

Will make them fight and keep you posted on the best deal!!

Cheers!
Areeb

Last edited by alexnazim : 20th October 2009 at 19:00.
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 19:10   #21
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

thanks for clarifying me alexnazim. Looks like they added this to the GX But anyways, the cost outside wont be over 1500-1700...
I would still recommend you a reverse camera than the sensors...
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 19:36   #22
BHPian
 
alexnazim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
thanks for clarifying me alexnazim. Looks like they added this to the GX But anyways, the cost outside wont be over 1500-1700...
I would still recommend you a reverse camera than the sensors...
Would love to save some bucks but I am skeptical about voiding my warranty.

Will check my options though since they have those starting 1700 bucks to 7000 bucks.
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 23:53   #23
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

it does not void the warranty unless you cut the wires...Ask the guy NOT to cut any wires. They will just peel a 1mm piece and fix the wires and that does not void the warranty in any case...
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 01:04   #24
BHPian
 
alexnazim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
it does not void the warranty unless you cut the wires...Ask the guy NOT to cut any wires. They will just peel a 1mm piece and fix the wires and that does not void the warranty in any case...
What about if I decide to go for something heavy? Like a sub and an amp. Usually this requires a direct connection from the alt./battery. I heard an incident where the engine light went on because some smart a** at TAS connected the amp through the ECU which made the engine light go on.

Luckily it was TAS who did that but the engine had to be replaced under warranty.

Last edited by alexnazim : 21st October 2009 at 01:07.
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 12:56   #25
BHPian
 
rideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DXB/DEL/MEL
Posts: 122
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
What about if I decide to go for something heavy? Like a sub and an amp. Usually this requires a direct connection from the alt./battery. I heard an incident where the engine light went on because some smart a** at TAS connected the amp through the ECU which made the engine light go on.

Luckily it was TAS who did that but the engine had to be replaced under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post

P.P.S: Raktim - I got to know you or maybe Sri called Sterling but they did not give you a good deal. They are giving me the only for you crap!

Anyways, I am taking the Rama Motors guy to Sterling tomorrow in his Safari...lol!

Will make them fight and keep you posted on the best deal!!

Cheers!
Areeb
Thanks Areeb! Would really appreciate it if anybody gives Sri a better deal. I'll then take on them for the 4x4.

Oh Yes! About the amps and subs, you get couplers nowadays that need no splicing and dicing. Just peel a little off of the insulation, stick it in the coupler and screw it tight. No void warranty.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:29   #26
BHPian
 
alexnazim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Thanks Areeb! Would really appreciate it if anybody gives Sri a better deal. I'll then take on them for the 4x4.

Oh Yes! About the amps and subs, you get couplers nowadays that need no splicing and dicing. Just peel a little off of the insulation, stick it in the coupler and screw it tight. No void warranty.
I went there today, I think you also called him while I was with him. He tried to screw things up by messing my deal with Sterling. He kind of had a showdown there with the sales guys there for not returning my booking amount. Didn't let me tell them that he was from Sales.

The reason I told him was that I wanted to cancel my booking but intentionally didn't take the receipt to make sure the deal is not cancelled as yet.

Anyways, I managed to extract the final deal from Sterling over the phone after I reached back home. He offered me a max discount of 50K on the on road so I could include anything I wish for in there.

Lol! But I wonder why is Sterling charging 39K for registration in Delhi where as others are charging 35.x. Maybe it has to do something with Noida and Delhi dealers.
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:40   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

What was that? 39k for registration????

What are they giving you? Gold dipped number plates or what???

Alex: Can you please post, if possible, the final break up of the deal that you got?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:49   #28
BHPian
 
alexnazim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Need a suggestion a saw a Blaupunkt MP3 Bluetooth USB system in the showroom today. Beautiful one!

Checked the price and it was 15,990/- comes with a 2 year warranty and insurance BUT it was the last piece since TATA is now in partnership with Xplod, JVC and Pioneer.

Should I pick it up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Happy Wheels: The others are quoting 35.xK for registration.

The final deal with Rama was 8,02,111 on road.
Free Mats and Mud Flaps
Free Gear Lock
Free Extended Warranty
Free Insurance

This is all inclusive.

On the contrary Sterling is Quoting:
7,70,821 ex-showroom
22,731 - Insurance
65,00/- Extended Warranty
1,500/- Logistic Charge
2,250/- Mats and Mud Flaps
39,050/- Registration

Total - 8,42,852/-
Less Discount -50k

Comes to 7,92,852/-

WOW!! How much does a Safari Autocop Gear Lock cost?

This is what happens when two sales guys fight, you get the best deal! Lol!

Last edited by alexnazim : 21st October 2009 at 18:08.
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 19:19   #29
BHPian
 
rideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DXB/DEL/MEL
Posts: 122
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
Need a suggestion a saw a Blaupunkt MP3 Bluetooth USB system in the showroom today. Beautiful one!

Checked the price and it was 15,990/- comes with a 2 year warranty and insurance BUT it was the last piece since TATA is now in partnership with Xplod, JVC and Pioneer.

Should I pick it up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Happy Wheels: The others are quoting 35.xK for registration.

The final deal with Rama was 8,02,111 on road.
Free Mats and Mud Flaps
Free Gear Lock
Free Extended Warranty
Free Insurance

This is all inclusive.

On the contrary Sterling is Quoting:
7,70,821 ex-showroom
22,731 - Insurance
65,00/- Extended Warranty
1,500/- Logistic Charge
2,250/- Mats and Mud Flaps
39,050/- Registration

Total - 8,42,852/-
Less Discount -50k

Comes to 7,92,852/-

WOW!! How much does a Safari Autocop Gear Lock cost?

This is what happens when two sales guys fight, you get the best deal! Lol!
Areeb,

Please let us know who actually gets you the better deal and if they would offer it for another LX.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 19:28   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Areeb,

Thanks for the break-up.

As you mentioned, the road tax is missing. Not sure if this is going to be a final moment surprise. Be careful!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New TATA Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT advertisement Murugan The Indian Car Scene 58 21st November 2013 11:49
New Tata Safari 2.2 VTT EX 4X2 EDIT 25000kms service done harjeev Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 324 27th November 2009 09:18
New Tata Safari 2.2 VTT 4X2 EX Artic Silver HULK JUDA Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 12th June 2009 19:11
New Safari 2.2 VTT/ Used Tuscon/New Dzire Vdi??? rohitgaur SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 62 14th September 2008 01:05
Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list. amit The International Automotive Scene 10 8th March 2007 12:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks