Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 12th November 2009, 14:31   #106
BHPian

@devdath : Thanks!!! for the tips checked and found ok yesterday.delivery toady evening.
sbhaduri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 21:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
what is happening guys("Cool dude" and "sbhaduri"). You people have bought the beast and still no photos or initial driving expereince or anything. Only statement we can see. Post some pics.
Got the beast home today. The 18 km drive from the showroom to residence was a mix of congested city traffic as well as 4-lane ring road. The driving experience was AWESOME to say the least. Will start a new thread in the 'Initial Ownership' section tomorrow with initial report and pics.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 22:16   #108
BHPian

Congratulations again Rahul,

I will be waiting for the pictures and pictures and lots pf pictures. See you at ownership report section.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 10:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Congratulations again Rahul,

I will be waiting for the pictures and pictures and lots pf pictures. See you at ownership report section.
Congratulations on the new babies. Now let us have the pictures.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 12:08   #110
BHPian

Congratulations Cool Dube & Sbhaduri! Next few months you will be happily busy with it. Its enormous to say the least and very involving.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 12:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

heartily congrats for owning a real beast. So we will be waiting at the ownership report and don't forget the PHOTOS.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 12:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
@devdath : Thanks!!! for the tips checked and found ok yesterday.delivery toady evening.
Superb, Congrats on your new truck and post your ownership report with pics please.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 21:20   #113
BHPian

Congratulations to all who bought BEASTS and are busy taming them!! Mine is tamed already at 2K Kms (run in complete)!!

By the way for all those who don't know, the beast can only have 2 Parking sensors in the rear. Don't fall for ones who offer more than 2! I am suffering with 4 sensors!

Having four sensors is not bad but one on the left of the number plate, one on the right, one below the number plate and one to the far right look out of shape!!
alexnazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 13:13   #114
BHPian

Post Safari Dicor GX 2.2 VTT 4x4

Hi Guyz, I am from Kolkata. I have been visiting and scrolling around this site since a few months. Its really helpful and hence applied for a membership here. I had booked a GX 4x4 on the 21st December 2009. Its a peral white, though i wanted a mountain green. The vehicle has arrived a few days back. On the 14th I had been to the workshop of my dealer to have a glimpse, did some basic checks and clicked a few pics. Hoping to get it out on Tuesday.
arijit.co.in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 00:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
Hi Guyz, I am from Kolkata. I have been visiting and scrolling around this site since a few months. Its really helpful and hence applied for a membership here. I had booked a GX 4x4 on the 21st December 2009. Its a peral white, though i wanted a mountain green. The vehicle has arrived a few days back. On the 14th I had been to the workshop of my dealer to have a glimpse, did some basic checks and clicked a few pics. Hoping to get it out on Tuesday.
Congrats on your buy Arijit. Looks like you went for the GX mainly for the ABS and not the dual-trim option Do post up some pics!
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:48   #116
BHPian

@ Arijit: Congratulations!! and welcome to the Safari Club.
sbhaduri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 21:47   #117
BHPian

Smile

thanks guyz...

i have received delivery of my vehicle last week. yeah you correct, i opted for the gx to the ex because of the ABS and the ORVM indicators. Thought of the VX but, VX did not seem to be a VFM product hence, GX.

here are a few pics if you would like to have a glimpse.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lease-133.html
arijit.co.in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 02:47   #118

Default I want to know

I want to know, Safari 2.2vvt engine is chain drive or belt drive. if same engine used in scorpio, scorpio not used heater plugs. in safari I think use heater plugs for start
umeshgogna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 09:48   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshgogna View Post
I want to know, Safari 2.2vvt engine is chain drive or belt drive. if same engine used in scorpio, scorpio not used heater plugs. in safari I think use heater plugs for start
From my research the Scorpio has a chain drive and Safari belt drive. Chain is stronger but noisier so there is a trade off. The block is basically the same for both 2.2 VVTI engines, the changes are in the cam system, fuel pump etc. Both engines developed by AVL and the bore and stroke is identical so i assume they share the same cylinder block.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:06   #120
Team-BHP Support

The safari does use heater plugs, and in extreme cold conditions they are a boon.
As for the engine, the block may be similar, but the head is totally different. Tata uses Delphi, and Mahindra uses Bosch.
From a NVH perspective, the Mahindra is miles ahead.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote