Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:34   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default Mahindra Scorpio LX M2DE or Toyota Innova?

Fellow BHPians,

Please help me choose one of the followings

1. Scorpio M2DI
2. Toyota Innova 2.5 E Diesel 8 Seater

I need a diesel car, as monthly ride will be 2000 KMs+ and 50% of which will be in Metro (Kolkata, you know the traffic ).

Advice

Regards.
arun.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:41   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 447
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Dear Arun,

Will you Drive or a driver will drive.

Scorpio : a self driven car, you feel the rush & enjoy
Innova : A car to be driven by a diver. Sit Back & relax
SamtheLeo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 20:20   #3
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.m View Post
Fellow BHPians,

Please help me choose one of the followings

1. Scorpio M2DI
2. Toyota Innova 2.5 E Diesel 8 Seater

I need a diesel car, as monthly ride will be 2000 KMs+ and 50% of which will be in Metro (Kolkata, you know the traffic ).

Advice

Regards.
@Arun,
You should check whether you can get it registered in your city. Because of emission issues, I think it cannot be registered in metro.

Also the difference between LX and M2DI is approximately 50k, so I feel you should go for LX.

M&M does not list the M2DI in the section "MEET THE SCORPIO" section, but available in the price list.

Regards,
Vijay
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 16:47   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 76
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.m View Post
Fellow BHPians,

Please help me choose one of the followings

1. Scorpio M2DI
2. Toyota Innova 2.5 E Diesel 8 Seater

I need a diesel car, as monthly ride will be 2000 KMs+ and 50% of which will be in Metro (Kolkata, you know the traffic ).

Advice

Regards.
Pick up the Scorpio if you do a lot of off-roading or a lot of pothole road driving it'll fair better.

For very limited city driving I suspect the Innova should do well, also whats your budget?

Check out this thread, it should help

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1722147
indianchiefrsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 19:35   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dear Arun,

Will you Drive or a driver will drive.

Scorpio : a self driven car, you feel the rush & enjoy
Innova : A car to be driven by a diver. Sit Back & relax
Hi,

The driver will driver the car, but I'm more concern with the FE and maintenance. I now live in UK and ride 2007 Range Rover at my pleasure.
The car I need is for family which is quite big and average running per month expecting 2000KMs or more.

Regards.
Arun
arun.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 19:40   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Now this thread is being run from almost 3 years apart from sparing posts and a lot of compatrision between mHawk and M2DI scorpio. Now my question is--> Is this M2DI still available or still produced. Can anyone paste a pic of the M2DI scorpio(Raj_5004 can do this as he owns one) so it will be easy for people like me who have stated to see the cars recently
Hi Shishir,
I talk to a dealer in Kolkata about M2DI, since its a BS II vehicle, can't be registered from Kolkata (or any metros), though he can get me registered it with nearby (100 KMs) non-metro.

The on-road price coming around 7.90 Lakh in Kolkata.
and 8.40 is for LX.

Now I want to change my question.

Its now Scorpio LX vs Innova 2.5E

Since only 45K-50K I am getting M-HAWKengine Tiltable Steering , Ski Rack, Spoiler, Bonnet Scoop, Fabric Interiors, collapsible steering with side impact beams and Headlamp Leveler, Tubeless Tyres, Central Locking, Power window, which are absent in M2DI.

Regards.
Arun

PS - In a straight way, M2DI is in production and can be purchased from anywhere, can be registered from non-metros only.
arun.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:02   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.m View Post
Now I want to change my question.

Its now Scorpio LX vs Innova 2.5E
anytime the scorpio my friend. the Innova E is just too basic. no body coloured bumpers, even power steering as option at an extra cost, no power windows & no rear AC vents. thats just too basic. buy it if you are looking for a taxi & not a people mover.

the LX has got the mHawk engine & all the goodies mentioned above & more.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 23:21   #8
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 696
Thanked: 255 Times
Default

i think M2DI is strip down version of SCORPIO. Just saw a brand new white color M2DI.Seems the tyre is smaller then Scorpio.Sound is not same as Scorpio its kind of Bolero sound.Otherwise its difficult to differentiate.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 23:28   #9
BHPian
 
KALINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PUNE
Posts: 696
Thanked: 255 Times
Default

""Originally Posted by arun.m
Now I want to change my question.

Its now Scorpio LX vs Innova 2.5E""
---------------------------------------------
Now you are comparing two different segment.

SUV v/s MUV

SUV
----
1) Scorpio LX
2) Safari LX

MUV
-----
1) XYLO (VFM,Comfort,easy on pocket,low maintenance cost)
2)INNOVA (Reliable,Car like drive,not VFM)
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 09:20   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
i think M2DI is strip down version of SCORPIO. Just saw a brand new white color M2DI.Seems the tyre is smaller then Scorpio.Sound is not same as Scorpio its kind of Bolero sound.Otherwise its difficult to differentiate.
M2di has 15" tyres while other scorpios have 16" tyres, so you are right.

its kind of a bolero sound because it has a bolero engine!

must say, you really notice the small details when you look at a vehicle.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 16:01   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
anytime the scorpio my friend. the Innova E is just too basic. no body coloured bumpers, even power steering as option at an extra cost, no power windows & no rear AC vents. thats just too basic. buy it if you are looking for a taxi & not a people mover.

the LX has got the mHawk engine & all the goodies mentioned above & more.
Thanks Raj. I am also a little bit leaning on Scorpio, but what about the maintenance costs and FE, I've experienced a 2002 Toyota Qualis, and I can say that car is a trouble free and already done 1,86,000 odd KMs (I've taxi business too in Kolkata, Family Business). So I guess Toyota cars (correct me if I'm wrong) will be maintenance free for at least 3-4 years. In case of Scorpio, considering only normal cases, how much I can rely on maintenance.
arun.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 18:28   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

toyotas are definitely more reliable than the scorpio but that does not mean the scorpio is unreliable. i have never faced any serious issues/breakdowns in my 7 years of ownership of the scorpios. search through the forum & you will find only small issues like ABS light blinking or AC blower noise kind of issues. scorpios are generally known to be trouble free.

also, mahindra A.S.S/service/spares is much much cheaper than toyota. so maybe a scorpio will make more number of visits to the A.S.S compared to the innova, but still service bills will be a lot cheaper.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 20:39   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
toyotas are definitely more reliable than the scorpio but that does not mean the scorpio is unreliable. i have never faced any serious issues/breakdowns in my 7 years of ownership of the scorpios. search through the forum & you will find only small issues like ABS light blinking or AC blower noise kind of issues. scorpios are generally known to be trouble free.

also, mahindra A.S.S/service/spares is much much cheaper than toyota. so maybe a scorpio will make more number of visits to the A.S.S compared to the innova, but still service bills will be a lot cheaper.
Thanks Raj.
These are just the words what I was expecting to hear.

To everyone, in Kolkata, there are 3 dealers of Mahindra - can anyone suggest any of them good for pocket and services?

Regards.
Arun
arun.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 20:41   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 44
Thanked: Once
Default FE of Scorpio LX

Whats the FE for Scorpio LX, my expected usage will be 50% city, 50% highway - 2000+ KMs a month.

Regards.
Arun
arun.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 21:25   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

expect something like 9-10 kmpl in the city & 12 on the highways, with AC.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Innova or Toyota Altis Diesel h.k What Car? 9 4th October 2010 10:48
Mahindra Xylo or Toyota Innova Chevrolet Tavera? Archish SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 58 1st May 2009 09:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks