Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 22:55   #1
B_T
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Bolero Mid Row Modifications

Hello,

I was thinking about buying a Bolero (VLX). But the only thing that has been bothering me is the fixed middle row seating. I want some extra space as the vehicle will mostly be used to carry agricultural produce. Say, about 500Kgs once a week.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make changes to the mid row to get rid of the current bench type fixed seat and install the fold-able split seats, like the ones that are available in a Xylo or a Scorpio.

Is this possible ? Has anyone done this before ? If so, any idea where in Bangalore I can get this done and what are the costs like ?

Would really appreciate some help regarding this.
B_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 09:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,975
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

@BT:

This lack of a folding feature is a big draw back of the Bolero. Your best bet is to buy a middle row/third row seats from the Scorpio/Qualis/Tavera etc. These can be flipped over to give you extra boot space.
4x4addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 11:43   #3
B_T
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@BT:

This lack of a folding feature is a big draw back of the Bolero. Your best bet is to buy a middle row/third row seats from the Scorpio/Qualis/Tavera etc. These can be flipped over to give you extra boot space.
4X4, did you mean that I could buy the mid/third row seat from other cars and get them installed on the Bolero ? Or did you mean that it is not possible to make any such customizations on the Bolero ? Sorry, I wasnt clear about your reply.
B_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 18:16   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,950
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_T View Post
4X4, did you mean that I could buy the mid/third row seat from other cars and get them installed on the Bolero ? Or did you mean that it is not possible to make any such customizations on the Bolero ? Sorry, I wasnt clear about your reply.
Making a folding seat is not a herculean task..but finding the right workshop is !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 18:37   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_T View Post
Hello,

I was thinking about buying a Bolero (VLX). But the only thing that has been bothering me is the fixed middle row seating. I want some extra space as the vehicle will mostly be used to carry agricultural produce. Say, about 500Kgs once a week.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make changes to the mid row to get rid of the current bench type fixed seat and install the fold-able split seats, like the ones that are available in a Xylo or a Scorpio.

Is this possible ? Has anyone done this before ? If so, any idea where in Bangalore I can get this done and what are the costs like ?

Would really appreciate some help regarding this.
I'm not sure whether the Bolero will be the right vehicle for carrying 500 Kgs of agricultural produce. The seat can be made foldable but full fold, you will not gain too much space . My suggestion would be to go for the Bolero Camper. There is actually a limited edition Bolero Camper that has just been launched which comes in Golden Colour and comes fitted with bull bars and front Hella's . And IIRC comes with the CRDe engine.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 13:21   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 860
Thanked: 298 Times
Default

For carrying 500 kgs, Camper is the best vehicle.

Could not find info on Mahindra website !!

Last edited by simplyself : 6th April 2010 at 13:24.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 13:55   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Arrow www.mahindrasmallcv.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
For carrying 500 kgs, Camper is the best vehicle.

Could not find info on Mahindra website !!
Mahindra Bolero Camper DX: powerful multi-utility vehicle ( MUV )
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 20:41   #8
BHPian
 
narendra.vw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangaloru
Posts: 291
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

why dont you use Innova rear most foldable seats.These seats fold side ways.you get ample space for loading.but you loose one seating space. If it's
ok with you, go to a good fabricator.(cost of seat a pair should be 15K second hand.)
narendra.vw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bolero - Make 2nd row back rest foldable rockyb Modifications & Accessories 13 6th January 2013 14:26
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
Modifications for Bolero Sportz 2004 BolBolero Modifications & Accessories 11 28th November 2008 18:11
Don't Laugh guys ...Bolero modifications? khaadu75 Modifications & Accessories 76 20th July 2007 08:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks