Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 14th May 2010, 11:26   #31
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Really good looking jeep, SoulGarage. Just verify the overall condition of the engine / transmission, that the chassis has not been chopped / altered / damaged in the after-market and clean paperwork. If you can bring it home for a good price, whatever needs to be fixed is easy to get done.

He mentions Peugeot engine. Consider buying ONLY if it has the Mahindra 2.1 or 2.5 units. No import junk ok?

One thing I've realised with my Jeep is that, with the right mechanic and $$$, one can fix anything thats gone wrong. Thanks to their shoddy build though, these ol' Jeeps remain work-in-progress vehicles throughout their life . Something or the other always needs attention.
@GTO
Richard and I discussed about this jeep and prima facie it looks good except not much info about the jeep. We were hoping that someone on Tbhp/JT would be able to provide more background on this jeep given that Kochi is pretty active in the off-roading scene.

@Richard,
Did you try calling any of those guys for which we found numbers?

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 23:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Really good looking jeep, SoulGarage. Just verify the overall condition of the engine / transmission, that the chassis has not been chopped / altered / damaged in the after-market and clean paperwork. If you can bring it home for a good price, whatever needs to be fixed is easy to get done.

He mentions Peugeot engine. Consider buying ONLY if it has the Mahindra 2.1 or 2.5 units. No import junk ok?

One thing I've realised with my Jeep is that, with the right mechanic and $$$, one can fix anything thats gone wrong. Thanks to their shoddy build though, these ol' Jeeps remain work-in-progress vehicles throughout their life . Something or the other always needs attention.
Thanks GTO, Will check on the parameters you mentioned. Was hoping to get someone from Cochin in here at TBHP to comment or have look at this jeep physically. So had posted the ad here.

Once, I don't know when, i pick up a jeep will need all the help in locating a good mechanic/workshop and the airconditioning. Will be bothering you then more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
@GTO
Richard and I discussed about this jeep and prima facie it looks good except not much info about the jeep. We were hoping that someone on Tbhp/JT would be able to provide more background on this jeep given that Kochi is pretty active in the off-roading scene.

@Richard,
Did you try calling any of those guys for which we found numbers?

Cheers,
Adi
Adi, you have been a great help & encouraging!! Thanks for looking out buddy. Owe you one! I could not call them, was a little caught up today. Will be doing so tomorrow first thing.

As i was going through JeepThrills i came across this Red Classic belonging to Pushkin Ahuja who had just sold it in Jan for 2.3Lacs!!!! You should see it, it was so beautiful! Bad luck.

GTO, you might know him, he seems to know Bombay shops dealing in Mahindra Classic parts quite well!!

He also sent me links for MM550 & CJ3B selling for less than 2.8Lacs. But i don't think I will be interested as they dont fit the "classic" look that my bro adores.

Here are the links
Hi Richard,

Following are the links of Sanjeev's jeeps. Very well made and well
maintained, you may speak to Sanjeev on 09313025250.

2001 MM550, Completly Redone For SALE - 4wd4all

Above Is the link for the MM550.

1970 CJ 3B, completely refurbished For Sale - 4wd4all

This the link for CJ3B.
SoulGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 13:49   #33
BHPian

chk this out Buy Used Mahindra Jeep CLASSIC in Mumbai | CarTradeIndia.com i think its a cj340

or this link http://www.cartradeindia.com/Mahindr...ai-271114.html

Last edited by davids4x4mm550 : 21st May 2010 at 13:50.
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 12:34   #34
BHPian

Dear All,

I have been touched by all the members reaching out and helping & the kind words.

This is to update all of you of the decision that I have taken.

For some reasons, I have postponed the Jeep purchase for at least 2 years. Will definitely pick up later, not now.

In the meanwhile, let me share a good news with all of you, I have gone in for the ANHC just a couple of weeks back. On My brothers & moms birthday - a kind of joint gift for both! They share the same birthdate :-)

I have driven it only a couple of times so far, so not sunk in yet :-)

Will be back on the Jeep purchase after a year and half!! Picture abhi baaki hai doston!

Chees & GodBless All!
SoulGarage is offline   Reply With Quote