Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 20:51   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,974
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
MM let me tell you I have been working on making the Storm as potent as Scorpio if not more. Some changes in Data Set of ECM and final drive ratio and you should really raising a storm . And all that for 7 Lakhs I think is a steal.
What about handling, braking, interior ergonomics an other vehicle dynamics? 7 Lakhs for a Bolero is a steal... for Mahindra.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 21:53   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,552 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
MM let me tell you I have been working on making the Storm as potent as Scorpio if not more. Some changes in Data Set of ECM and final drive ratio and you should really raising a storm . And all that for 7 Lakhs I think is a steal.
Xylo with same engine pumps out 112 horses
@4x4addict,handling wise,i guess Bolero is as good as scorpio if not better

Last edited by akshay4587 : 19th May 2010 at 21:54.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 22:13   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,674
Thanked: 742 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
MM let me tell you I have been working on making the Storm as potent as Scorpio if not more. Some changes in Data Set of ECM and final drive ratio and you should really raising a storm . And all that for 7 Lakhs I think is a steal.
Very much do-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
What about handling, braking, interior ergonomics an other vehicle dynamics? 7 Lakhs for a Bolero is a steal... for Mahindra.
Anyday, Bolero would score better when it comes to handling. Braking can be easily improved with bigger discs, twin pot calipers and bigger boosters. Vehicle dynamics is all about ratios, if you set them right, half the job is done.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 06:18   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
What about handling, braking, interior ergonomics an other vehicle dynamics? 7 Lakhs for a Bolero is a steal... for Mahindra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Xylo with same engine pumps out 112 horses
@4x4addict,handling wise,i guess Bolero is as good as scorpio if not better
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Anyday, Bolero would score better when it comes to handling. Braking can be easily improved with bigger discs, twin pot calipers and bigger boosters. Vehicle dynamics is all about ratios, if you set them right, half the job is done.

Spike
I would think Bolero will have better vehicle dynamics because of shorter wheelbase, lesser overhang and lower height vis-a-vis the scorpio thereby making its CoG lower to the ground. As regards to the body roll, rear suspension from the THAR can be adopted. As regards to ergonomics, for me because of my short height, the driving position of Bolero is more comfortable than Scorpio.

Lets see if 300 Nm peak torque can be worked out or not in this engine
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 07:26   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,552 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I would think Bolero will have better vehicle dynamics because of shorter wheelbase, lesser overhang and lower height vis-a-vis the scorpio thereby making its CoG lower to the ground. As regards to the body roll, rear suspension from the THAR can be adopted. As regards to ergonomics, for me because of my short height, the driving position of Bolero is more comfortable than Scorpio.

Lets see if 300 Nm peak torque can be worked out or not in this engine
I guess,wheelbase is same for both bolero and Scorpio,i;e 2680mm
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 09:36   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I guess,wheelbase is same for both bolero and Scorpio,i;e 2680mm
Yes just checked. My mistake!

BD/ Spike : Then how come Scorpio is more spacious than Bolero ?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 13:42   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,552 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yes just checked. My mistake!

BD/ Spike : Then how come Scorpio is more spacious than Bolero ?
I guess,there is difference in Chasis,am i right spikey?

Btw Just got the news that our Old Bolero has been sold to a Native,of Leh.
So Leh is going to be its new home
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:14   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,607
Thanked: 700 Times
Default

The bolero is 4m while scorpio is 4.5m. So the bolero is more sedan like to drive than the scorpio(please forgive my sarcasm).
Anyway, the bolero is a great brand value for MM. Almost every owner swear by their ownership experience.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:34   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Unless you are planning on getting the base Bolero as a farm vehicle, you are much better off with a Scorpio as a personal vehicle.
+1 to this. Akshay, I m glad that you booked the Scorpio like I (and many others) had suggested.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:41   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The bolero is 4m while scorpio is 4.5m. So the bolero is more sedan like to drive than the scorpio(please forgive my sarcasm).
My Bolero last night was parked next to a Corrolla and I noticed that the Bolero is shorter in length
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 17:01   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,674
Thanked: 742 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I guess,there is difference in Chasis,am i right spikey?
Yes, even though both are NGCS, they are different in many aspects.
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 17:52   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

there goes the bolero v/s scorpio fight again! cmon guys, they are brothers after all so no comparo please. both are great vehicles & have their own pros & cons. no point proving which is superior & why!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 23:21   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,552 Times
Default

Hawk is home.
Will post pics tommorow morning
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 08:00   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

congratulations buddy. make sure you click some interior pics as well.

any plan for accessories?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 08:29   #60
BHPian
 
setuniket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida|Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Congrats Akshay bhai, whats the Ex-showroom and OTR price in Chandigarh/Ambala. Any discounts these days.

Time to open initial ownership thread.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio Vlx or Bolero Vlx vraghuz SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 22 6th July 2010 22:39
Bolero VLX CRDe - First Impression rockyb Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 213 21st September 2009 22:53
Help me choose a used Scorpio 2.6 SLX / Scorpio 2.6 DX CRDe gbpscars SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 33 28th July 2008 16:17
Scorpio SLX CRDE or Wait for Scorpio Eagle or Used Elantra or Wait for Skoda Fabia ? dharmu99 Hatchbacks 9 25th October 2007 12:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks