Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 22nd May 2010, 23:55   #16

I read you loved Bolero's go anywhere attitude!
Isnt the Scorp a good option for him?
Go for the 8 seater and that will accomodate entire family (does that version feels cramped on long drives?). Not sure if you are going to travel with full capacity more than 20% of time or more. The VLX varient starts around 9.7L ex-showroom.

Does anyone know what will be the OTR for VLX 4WD BSIV in Bangalore?
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 16:09   #17
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I had the same dilemma between a Xylo (E6) and a Scorpio (SLE - 8 seater).
Eventually bought a scorpio for the following reasons.

- Looks. Agree this is a subjective opinion, but to me scorpio looked best!
- mHawk engine
- Braking. In my test drives, Scorpio was a lot more confidence inspiring
- Flexible seating in the middle and the 3rd row, the middle row can be moved forward to liberate more leg room for the 3rd row passengers. So when there is full load of people, I do this and when I travel with my family only, the middle row is pushed back to the maximum. The 3rd row can easily be taken out as well if needed. It would have been nicer if the 3rd row could be split folded like Innova, but even without this, I have been having a nice time.....

PS: The max I have taken is 12 people (6 adults and 6 kids) and it was quite ok. No complaints from anyone :-)
chandras1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

As everyone has said, the choice is between Scorpio or the Xylo ( since Innova is ruled out).

Have you TD both of them and made up your mind.

Moving within the Mahindra stable may get you some extra loyalty bonus as as well
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 09:32   #19

I think Xylo E8 is an ideal vehicle for you.It has a better engine, more comfortable ride and is cheaper than innova
anb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 01:10   #20

Outline other requirements like whether you need Dual AC and give a test drive to each of Xylo, Scorpio and Innova. Drive Xylo and Scorpio one after another to compare ride, handling, power delivery and ergonomics around driver. Xylo although a tad ugly offers better ride and good overall driving feel. It's most value offering out there.

Innova has much higher fit and finish and slight better handling compared to Xylo.

In Bangalore,
Duel A/C Innova on road cost is Rs. 12.6 Lakh.
Duel A/C Xylo (E4 variant) on road cost is Rs. 8.5 Lakh.

Why bother second hand vehicle. Xylo appears to be most suited vehicle for your requirement. It won't win a beauty competetion but it's quite competent car / MUV/ SUVes. It's interior is reasonably good. Go with Black color - it doesn't look that bad and you probably will get over with the looks after a while.
nispatel is offline   Reply With Quote