Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 5th August 2010, 21:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
hi

then if its true i must thank my decision, everyone was against me for booking on saturday, so good i had 2 days on it.

anyways i think whatever price is on delivery day that becomes applicable, but good 20k saved wow

thanks tata

will talk to dealer tomm however my question still remainds unanswered through it may eb a novice one

the ex showroom prices tata show on the website they must match the respective dealers ex showroom price????
The Tata dealers it seems add some amount (Rs. 800/- in case of my city) towards "handling charge". So you will need to add this amount to whatever it is being shown on the website.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 18:00   #32
BHPian

hi

thanks

yes i think they call this logistics or something

anyways thanks good 20k saved then, going to book my safari tomm

thanks you all
lodhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 09:19   #33
BHPian

Yes, I saw advertisements in newspaper and there is a new TV commercial about the Safari being available in 'attractive' prices now. Checked the website and yes, all variants' prices are less by 20-25K or so. LX BS III is 7.58 Ex Showroom. BS IV only some 10K more.

Now that is mouth watering for me, and I'm kicking myself still why I am waiting.

The new TV commercial isn't as wonderful as the original ones, but still, it has that kick when the safari comes into view in the end. I do get goosebumps when I see it.
Must watch! :-)

Suresh.
verditer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 10:19   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

So is this price correction aimed at getting the GX-4X4 below the 10L mark and in the lower tax slab in come territories or is it aimed at making the Safari slot in lower than the Aria without pricing the Aria too high?

Could be any of these reasons, am sure the 20K price correction itself would not help increase the sales, so it could be the Aria factor, or even a new variant coming in later, though that is less likely. The Ex 4X2, GX 4X4 and VX 4X4 seem to be the most sensible priced variants.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Ex 4X2, GX 4X4 and VX 4X4 seem to be the most sensible priced variants.
Makes no sense to buy EX unless you are going in for 4x4. If not, an LX makes much more practical sense. The significant amount of money saved can be used to do up the car to individual's taste, including getting a body colored cladding if one is too hung up on it.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:34   #36
BHPian

I see that recent Scorpio comes with 3 row seat arrangement, however I still see Safari with 2row seat with 2 rear seats at the end.

Any improvements in this topic from Safari segment?
blackstallion76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I see that recent Scorpio comes with 3 row seat arrangement, however I still see Safari with 2row seat with 2 rear seats at the end.

Any improvements in this topic from Safari segment?
No improvement so far. Only improvement can be done if the length of the car is pushed further, if one wants a comfortable ride. Another option can be reducing the engine bay space thus allowing a better space management.
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 22:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
So is this price correction aimed at getting the GX-4X4 below the 10L mark and in the lower tax slab in come territories or is it aimed at making the Safari slot in lower than the Aria without pricing the Aria too high?

Could be any of these reasons, am sure the 20K price correction itself would not help increase the sales, so it could be the Aria factor, or even a new variant coming in later, though that is less likely. The Ex 4X2, GX 4X4 and VX 4X4 seem to be the most sensible priced variants.
GX 4wd still goes around 70-80K beyond 10L in KA. They had this thought in the mind and somehow brought the GX under 10L with some components given / provided as dealer fitment option.

Does anyone know what are the differences (in terms of major feature + engine and price) we are expecting with the new Safari (expected to launch in 2011? which Q?)??

If its going to be a big diff in price, I wont wait for New Safari since I'll have to stretch my budget even to go for GX 4wd.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 11:32   #39
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ketan wait for the Aria. you may like it and it may fit your needs. New Safari seems a bit further away - maybe even 2012

Last edited by ACM : 11th August 2010 at 11:34.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 17:56   #40
BHPian

Cool! I wont mind another couple of months while I've been waiting for mroe than a year or so.
Aria seems to be more of Innova category, not sure if its going to be a 'Go Anywhere' material! Also, if they place it in a new caegory thats showing lot of movements in India (little lower than CR-V, Captiva, Yeti or even Fortuner), its going to be out of my budget at anything more than 12+ ex-showroom. I'm predicting this based on what I read about Aria sometime back, the sort of features and target category they are planning it for.

Anyways, I will work on getting a good home for my PalioD again. Will put that up on carwale and start working in that direction now.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote