Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 16th July 2010, 18:34   #1
BHPian

Default 2.5 Months old Xylo E8 with Airbag & ABS?

Hi Guys...

I am a die hard fan of Xylo. As you can see in my signature, I had booked a Xylo last year and because of delivery issues and doubts about safety canceled the booking and bought a used Innova. Now the car has run about 95000 kms, I am looking for a change. Ever-since I saw that Xylo has come out with ABS and AIRBAGS I have been in two minds.

Today I saw this posting in our classified section Team-BHP Classifieds - 2.5 Months old Xylo E8 with Airbag & ABS URGENT SALE - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds ... Called him and setup an appointment to meet up and look the vehicle.

I am in 2 minds about what to do. Should I hold on to Innova or get rid of it and buy this Xylo. I know all the negatives about Xylo. What should i do
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 20:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Since you have a used innova with 95k miles, I would sell and get the Xylo. Thankfully with our craze for Toyotas you should get a good price for the Innova.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 20:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

XYLO cant beat Innova. If you get this pre owned one for 7.5 to 8 lacs. maximum it is godod eal. Anyting beyond 8 lacs involve risk of buying pre owned vehicle. Make sure you check it properly before decision.

XYLO is spacious and can give better comfort but Innova is one step a head always. Since your Innova has clocked 95k in ODO If you get decent price sell it.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 21:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

As your Innova has crossed 95k kms it is better to sell if you get a good price. In the mean time the Xylo is of only 2500 kms. Better check thoroughly with papers and physical and go for Xylo.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 16:00   #5
BHPian

Checked out the Xylo just now. Very good car. Neat. Nothing suspicious. The person seems to be in some sort of financial problem. Papers are clear. Run about 2.4k+ Kms. Took a small test drive. As good as new. Have to convince my family now.

Still, how safe is Xylo for highway travel? We, vowing to our business are heavy travellers, Innova was perfect. Xylo too fits the description well, but is it safe for constant 120+ kmph travel on the highway?
Old 17th July 2010, 18:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Still, how safe is Xylo for highway travel? We, vowing to our business are heavy travellers, Innova was perfect. Xylo too fits the description well, but is it safe for constant 120+ kmph travel on the highway?
Archish: I have not driven the xylo extensively. However, I am very comfortable with the Scorpio at 120+kmph. A friend of mine who has the non-ABS xylo had a few skid outs when braking at high speeds, but with ABS, it should not be a major problem. I feel for any modern or newer vehicles, 120 kmph is not a big deal, but remember it is a top heavy vehicle with high GC so keep that in mind when driving fast and I think you will be fine.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 01:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Hi Guys...

I am a die hard fan of Xylo. As you can see in my signature, I had booked a Xylo last year and because of delivery issues and doubts about safety canceled the booking and bought a used Innova. Now the car has run about 95000 kms, I am looking for a change. Ever-since I saw that Xylo has come out with ABS and AIRBAGS I have been in two minds.
Innova's engine can easily last 300000+ Kms without any issues. If your car is not giving you any trouble it is safe to assume that it wont give much in the future too. 95K Kms is no big deal. in 2008 May, I hired a G4 that had done 1.7 lkahs in 3 years and was rattle free and the engine felt brand new. The driver informed that apart from tire and oil changes, he had changed nothing including the clutch.

Just came back from a trip to Meerut and hired the top end Xylo (pre airbags era but ac in the back rows etc I think it was E8). Well the family loved the space but did not like the poor body control that throws you around in the car more than the Innova. The Xylo had done 70k kms and the plastics were looking dated after 6 months and the vents did not work smoothly.
Of course Toyota should offer ABS and Air Bags in all variants and not just VX.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 17:22   #8
BHPian

Made an offer of 8L. He has asked for couple of days time. Lets see...
Old 20th July 2010, 09:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Xylo is a fantastic cross over from a sedan. It is a good MUV but still lags behind the Inoova for quite some reasons. Since you are purchasing from a friend of Team BHPian, I guess you should be getting a good deal. Since you already have done the TD, you need to verify the papers, insurance and also PM BHPian Madbullram for more details if needed. If you need to TD again to be very sure, pls do so.
Hopefully the deal should get through, all the best for the same. Keep us informed.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 09:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

More car per car. That is what the Xylo is. But the Innova is ahead in terms of quality, feel, and ownership experience. Unless you want to change your car, I would recommend retaining the Innova. Else, buy the Xylo.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:06   #11
BHPian

@Archish. since you say you are a die hard fan of Xylo go for it...8L for abs +airbags is a good deal for a very good vehicle... its a mahindra vehicle and no one knows indian terrian like mahindra and scorpio, bolero and now xylo are a proof to that.
Your innova served you well and now go feel the power of XYLO!!!
BigWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 16:47   #12
BHPian

Hey dude what happened?
Have you bought the beast or still waiting?
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 15:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

So what happened? Please update.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:40   #14
BHPian

I called him. He said he changed his mind about selling the car.
Old 26th July 2013, 13:27   #15
BHPian

Default Re: 2.5 Months old Xylo E8 with Airbag & ABS?

Hi guys,

Want to ask all you experts here..

I am looking at a used Xylo of 2010 May which is in immaculate condition. Its an E8 model with Alloys, Airbags and ABS and run 39K kms single handedly driven and very neatly maintained with no issues. The dealer is asking for 6.5 Lacs with full insurance till June 2014. I have also shown this vehicle to my regular mechanic and he has okayed it as well. Also spoke to the 1st owner and found him to be a genuine person.

I am thinking of going for it as my budget does not allow me to go for an Innova and the space inside the Xylo has flattered me. I own a WagonR 2011 and would be trading it for the Xylo as I need a 5+ seater vehicle for family travel in comfort.

Request all the experts here to tell me the things which I should be looking for while checking the vehicle. Tyres are 50% remaining and there's no noise anywhere at least during the TD. A/C cooling was less and will ask the dealer to service the same before I go for it.

I am getting another deal of 2012 Oct E9 Xylo and the owner wants to sell for some urgent requirement of money. He is asking for 8.5 Lacs. the vehicle is run for 16K kms and I am yet to see the same. It is white in color.

pls. advice.

Regards,
Rahul K
rahulya007 is offline   Reply With Quote