Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 17th December 2010, 20:27   #31
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: used X-Trails

Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
you are right there.
compared with present day standards the Paj is quite old and dated.

I really wouldnt mind buying a Safari - if only for the lovely comfort it offers inside. But it is just too big for me to use in city as a daily drive when compared to the Scorpio.

Im getting quite fed up that there seems to be nothing else on offer in the 10-14 bracket which meets my needs.

the latest Autocar or Overdrive or something talks about the Dacia Duster which is supposed to come through Nissan's Oragadam (Chennai) plant - a sub compact type SUV sitting around at about 7-8 lacs. This is the only thing which might be affordable by masses since the Yeti is so highly priced. Sort of a poor man's Yeti maybe. But I m sure it will have the same challenges as the Yeti in terms of effective available space inside and am equally sure it will end up being just a 4 seater.

leaves guys like me with no option but Scorpio or Safari - looks like those two vehicles have more life left in them yet as far as our Indian market goes!
Well, this is what truth of life mate.

We do not have any other better option in 10-14 lakh apart from safari and scorpio.

If you are too much inclined towards getting a costlier suv @ 10-14 Lakh then i would suggest to have a look at a ford endeavor also. I believe you can easily get a low mileage newer shape @ 14 something. Very powerful engine and with new exterior it do looks much aggressive. And being a newer model you'll be getting in-warranty.

Yes, I do agree with the facts where-in one should not invest in a used-CBU considering the expenses starting to pop up as cars stars getting older.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote