Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 8th November 2010, 23:41   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy4u View Post
Ahh don't worry Ragul, a gypsy looks good in any color. Hooked on to this thread.
yes Ragul dont worry, just make sure u pick out a fab set of alloys for your gypsy and it will look even more fantastic no matter what the colour!
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 11:37   #47
BHPian

Hey Ragul,
Was a BRONZE colour really mentioned on the brochure??
Seems like this is newly introduced.
Could you kindly share the link for this brochure?
I have access to the 4 page pdf brochure of Gypsy that is atleast a decade old.
Thanks!
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 13:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Ragul,
Was a BRONZE colour really mentioned on the brochure??
Seems like this is newly introduced.
Could you kindly share the link for this brochure?
I have access to the 4 page pdf brochure of Gypsy that is atleast a decade old.
Thanks!
Deepak

On the printed one yes. The 4 year old pdf one also has a misty bronze. Attached. Thats the only online brochure I have too.

I may be mislead by the onscreen looks and color rendition now - the silky silver finish may not be the ordinary shiny one seen on most cars.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gypsy.pdf (350.4 KB, 430 views)
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 18:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

The color options seem to have changed from the PDF that you sent. Check this out - Maruti Gypsy car: Specifications, Dimensions, Weight, Engine, Power Transmission, price
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 19:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
The color options seem to have changed from the PDF that you sent. Check this out - Maruti Gypsy car: Specifications, Dimensions, Weight, Engine, Power Transmission, price

Aaaha! Hehehehe! Yes thats the warm tinge to the silky silver I Wanted!! Yes! Yes! Guess the old brochure confused me yesterday! Thank you!! I can sleep peacefully tonight!

Tomorrow morning I go for PDI with a couple of colleagues who have graciously volunteered their time despite their odd/late working hours.

Will upload pics by late afternoon.

Cheers

Last edited by Ragul : 9th November 2010 at 19:43.
Old 9th November 2010, 22:29   #51
BHPian

cool Ragul, if possible take some pics and post them here
Monkeyboy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 18:59   #52
BHPian

OK
We saw the Gypsy today. Sigh! Sigh! My Silky Silver is is not the one with a warm faintly brownish tinge, it is with a faint hint of frosty ice pale blue, the same one I earlier found to be not too appealing. This is not the color that made my jaw hit the floor when I saw it in real. I am sorely disappointed, after spending so much money I do not even get the color of my choice. The color is too fikka for my tastes with no bold character.

However I have decided not to postpone my life plans by another potentially 3 months waiting for the right color, besides I don't think I can reject it as Maruti does say that color can vary from Brochure.

Here are some pics of the engine. The rest of the car was too dirty to photograph.

Its a G13BB allright- so much for the overconfident dealer salesman (who "checked" and came back with the K12M engine specs on a printed sheet) and Maruti Sales Manager.

during the PDI, we noted that many areas inside the cabin on the flooring had irregular and uneven paint done in a smearing fashion as if by hand. My friend told me that was metal paste applied to seal joints and make them watertight before painting, and that it was ok.

About 3 inches the inner door lining below the window was bent and jutting away from the door panel on the driver side door. The dealer said he would straighten that out.

The odometer read 20kms.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Buying new Gypsy, what discounts can I expect?-g13bbbsivsmall0.jpg  

Buying new Gypsy, what discounts can I expect?-g13bbbsivsmall1.jpg  

Last edited by Ragul : 10th November 2010 at 19:04.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
OK
We saw the Gypsy today. Sigh! Sigh! My Silky Silver is is not the one with a warm faintly brownish tinge, it is with a faint hint of frosty ice pale blue, the same one I earlier found to be not too appealing. This is not the color that made my jaw hit the floor when I saw it in real. I am sorely disappointed, after spending so much money I do not even get the color of my choice. The color is too fikka for my tastes with no bold character.

However I have decided not to postpone my life plans by another potentially 3 months waiting for the right color, besides I don't think I can reject it as Maruti does say that color can vary from Brochure.

Here are some pics of the engine. The rest of the car was too dirty to photograph.

Its a G13BB allright- so much for the overconfident dealer salesman (who "checked" and came back with the K12M engine specs on a printed sheet) and Maruti Sales Manager.

Cheers
dont worry dude. when i saw my baleno in silver colour i had a similar reaction. Over time the silver has become nice and warm. Anyways a gypsy is a gypsy. Congratulations
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 19:22   #54
BHPian

Hi guys, just saw the pics of the engine in the new BSIV Gypsy and looks fantastic. I just have one question with regards to the MPFI engine.

I found out from team bhp that the MPFI engine was introduced in the gypsy sometime after april 2000. My question is, was the engine that was introduced then (in april 2000) a 16 valve engine with MPFI or was it an 8 valve engine with MPFI with the 16 valve being introduced a bit later?
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 19:39   #55
BHPian

Hey Ragul,
Congratulations on getting the King.
Don't bother much about the colour. This silver shall slowly grow on you.
Your engine bay looks the same as all of our Gypsies.
So, what changes have MUL done on the G13BB to make it BSIV complaint is the biggest question.
Anyways, have loads of fun with your new Gypsy.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 19:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Ragul,
Congratulations on getting the King.
Don't bother much about the colour. This silver shall slowly grow on you.
Your engine bay looks the same as all of our Gypsies.
So, what changes have MUL done on the G13BB to make it BSIV complaint is the biggest question.
Anyways, have loads of fun with your new Gypsy.
Cheers,
Deepak
My friends told me the Catalytic Convertor and the AirFilter looked different.

Will post more close ups this Saturday. I am taking delivery this Friday afternoon.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2010, 23:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
OK
We saw the Gypsy today.

so this means that its the same BS III engine ?
Old 10th November 2010, 23:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy4u View Post
so this means that its the same BS III engine ?

Yes, its only the emission norms that confirm to BSIV or BSIII.

I was also hoping for improved mileage/economy on a whim. Will find out in a few months or the next 1500kms.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2010, 23:20   #59
BHPian

Hi Ragul,
Firstly, congrats on your buy. Gypsy is a great car and it stands out nevertheless. When I got mine I wasn't even given the color choice and only choice I had was white but I still cherish it. Anyways i am attaching pic of silver gypsy that i found on performance auto website, hope you get some idea's for your gypsy.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying new Gypsy, what discounts can I expect?-silver-gypsy.jpg  

Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 23:56   #60
BHPian

wow that Silver gypsy looks decent !