Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 15th March 2011, 01:20   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Eeco or Tata Venture?

thanks friends for all your suggestions. There is slight change in the situation.

My friend want to buy the vehicle at his native place where his full family (3 couples and 4 kids - from age 2 years to 7 years) will be traveling - mostly in the city and occasionally on highways.
He want a vehicle in the price range of upto 5 lakh.
he does not want second hand vehicle.

so with this set of requirements I think - as most of you suggested - Eeco will be the best option.
naren_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 10:02   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow 6 adults and 4 kids will be tight on both an Eeco and the Venture (though the venture is a bit larger yet.)

What you need is actually a Winger but it is OTR for almost 8L

Mahindra Bolero plus AC model with 8 seats may work ok for your need at about 6l OTR you would get a Sumo Victa for roughly the same amount, and if you can spare a bit more than Grande MKII is even better suited in terms of size but will cost a bit more. Truly only the winger would meet your need.

Actually is is hard to imaging that there would be 6+4 persons travelling all the time, so if there are 2 drivers it seems better that you buy 2 small cars or even 3 nanos. I think 3 couples plus 4 kids can only be an occational scenario, but it will be better to get 2 cars eve if it is frequent, will give more flexibility from time to time. Get a Nano + an Alto or Spark perhaps.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 10:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_L View Post
thanks friends for all your suggestions. There is slight change in the situation.

My friend want to buy the vehicle at his native place where his full family (3 couples and 4 kids - from age 2 years to 7 years) will be traveling - mostly in the city and occasionally on highways.

so with this set of requirements I think - as most of you suggested - Eeco will be the best option.
For little more than 5 lakhs, he can buy 2 Eecos.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 10:36   #19
BHPian

EEco is the way to go - but 10 people on board an eeco cannot be imagined - 2 eecos is the right way go
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 13:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

naren, the vehicle will be owned for at least five years, so the kids will have grown considerably. They will most likely require separate seats of their own. Plus with all these people travelling you will also need space to carry the luggage. If your friend is looking for a single vehicle to ferry all these, I think the Winger is the best bet, specially the one with 13 seats. You could modify the seats to make it more comfy for the ten people and free up space to store the luggage too.

Or else look at a Sumo with 9 seats and add a roof carrier.

Eeco will feel too cramped for so many people.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 18:00   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabhayshah76 View Post
You can fit Twin AC at the rear roof in an EECO be it 5 or 7 seater. The cost of which is approx 14-15k at MASS. Have enquired this at MASS in Thane.
Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
Now you know why people love Maruti! Toyota showrooms charge 30K for the additional blower unit for the Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
How much loss of power could one expect with this fitment? I will need to buy a 7 seater in the next few months.
No perceptible loss, I'd imagine. After all, the compressor remains the same. Adding a rear blower doesn't mean the dealer is installing a 2nd air-con compressor.

Quote:
And I want a new 200 BHP car for 10 lakhs ! Just kidding, no offence.

As has been rightly suggested by others, if your friend wants to carry 10....well, he's going to need two vehicles.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 23:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As has been rightly suggested by others, if your friend wants to carry 10....well, he's going to need two vehicles.
For 10 people and a budget of Rs 5 lakh, I can think of one option -- 3 tata Nanos @ Rs 1.5 lakh apiece. 8 persons would fit in the first 2 Nanos, the next 2 in the third Nano. The back seat of the 3rd Nano could be folded to accommodate luggage of all 10 person. You would still have Rs 50,000 to maintain the 3 Nanos or even to install ACs in all 3 of them (if permitted).
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 09:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys, with all due respect, if I were to carry ten people, I would want them to be in a single vehicle so that we can have a journey together. While buying separate vehicles such as Nanoes does make pure economic sense, I would not want to split my family into three groups and travel.

Has anyone mentioned Spacio? Last I checked, its OTR was a little above 5L in Thane. With some bargaining you could get it just under 5L. It doesn't have AC and Power Steering, but unless you are looking at city driving and parking lots, a power steering may not be required. AC can be fitted as an aftermarket accessory. It should be able to accomodate ten people and a roof carrier can take care of the luggage. It's a proven engine and should last you many years.

There may be niggles, however they are pretty small compared to the convenience it will offer.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 14:31   #24
BHPian

*Bump*

Need suggestions, My cousin is into small time construction business. He is in market for a vehicle which can serve him both as a family/ utility vehicle. Vehicle should be competent to carry few bags of cement/ steel rods etc (basic construction materail). I was suggesting him Venture because it has a diesel engine. Is it the right product for him?

Since it is just a small time business, the investment should be low say below 5Lacs.
mac187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 10:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

On upgraded shoes, the Eeco would be far superior to Venture in ride quality and handling. Sorry Venture design just doesn't cut it, and it seems way too flimsy to boot. The Eeco is far more robust and may actually have some safety in form of basic design features like crumple zones, impact beams etc.

Eeco ride is very bouncy on the skinny OEM Apollo Amazers 150/85/13? .. but once you change that to 185/65/14 or 195/60/14, the ride settles down way more and gives loads more grip with a slight downgrade in fuel efficiency. These are the tyres the Eeco deserves as a bare minimum .. shame on Maruti for shodding it with skinny tyres like 155/13 .. pathetic.

You just cannot ferry people in any comfort with the OEM Eeco tyres .. which defeats the very purpose as a people mover.

Last edited by lurker : 8th March 2012 at 10:32.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 12:43   #26
BHPian

Post Re: Maruti Eeco or Tata Venture?

Quote:
My friend from Nasik want to buy a vehicle for his family. He is looking for 5-7 seat vehicle. I suggested him the only option of Eeco; before I read the thread on Tata Venture.

My friends requirements are:
  • 5 to 7 seat capacity,
  • Low price
  • Needs AC vehicle preferably
  • Occasional outing with 5 adults + 2 kids: so low running (to justify diesel)
  • Good after sale service (may be a concern with Venture)
Quote:
There is slight change in the situation.

naren_L,
  • Is your friend into some kind of family business which needs them (family members (6 people + 4 kids)) to travel together to one place in town / city and come back daily?
  • OR Does your friend want to use the vehicle to drop and pick up the family members at designated points in town / city daily?
  • How frequently would they use it on highways and would that be for short 30-50 km business runs and not for longer vacation trips?
If the above is true, then it makes great sense to go for a Versa or a Venture.

If your friend is looking for a family vehicle (with most of the above points in negative) with comfort, space, features, a capacity to carry more people, and budget being a constraint - Tata Sumo Gold might be an option worth considering, albeit slightly above the budget.

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 16:56   #27
BHPian

Have you considered price of fuel??

I Do own a Venture, and it does not feel more flimsy than EECO. Rather it seems to be better build than eeco. There is a Solid chassis under that body of Venture. Quite reliable vehicle, till now for the past 30k kms, Venture has behaved very well be it seabeach of Puri, or valleys of Nongstoin, or hills of Sikkim.
sumitkalindi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 17:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkalindi View Post
Have you considered price of fuel??

I Do own a Venture, and it does not feel more flimsy than EECO. Rather it seems to be better build than eeco. There is a Solid chassis under that body of Venture. Quite reliable vehicle, till now for the past 30k kms, Venture has behaved very well be it seabeach of Puri, or valleys of Nongstoin, or hills of Sikkim.
Sumit,
I think forum is yet to have an ownership thread on venture. It would be nice to hear your ownership views in detailed thread. Thanks.
zalaps is online now   Reply With Quote