Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2011, 10:58   #1
BHPian

Default Calling all 'Riders of the Storm'.

Apologies for not completing my ownership review as yet (my bro-in-law decided to get engaged about the same time) but I am baffled by my Storm. I filled a full tank on the 3rd of March. Have done 289 km or so till now and the fuel gauge is still hovering over the half tank mark. :-) oh the odometer was a little beyond the F mark when I topped it off.
What the heck kinda engine is this? Am I driving a moped ?
Have any of you experienced this? I normally don't go beyond 2000 rpm per gear and have clipped at 100 once or twice to teach an impudent driver the error of their ways (Greater Noida expressway 100 is the speed limit).

Thank you all in advance for your inputs. But is my Bolero an ET? Heh...heh...have crossed my smilie limit.

Chaunfa
Old 16th March 2011, 11:18   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Calling all 'Riders of the Storm'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunfa View Post
Apologies for not completing my ownership review as yet (my bro-in-law decided to get engaged about the same time) but I am baffled by my Storm. I filled a full tank on the 3rd of March. Have done 289 km or so till now and the fuel gauge is still hovering over the half tank mark. :-) oh the odometer was a little beyond the F mark when I topped it off.
What the heck kinda engine is this? Am I driving a moped ?
Have any of you experienced this? I normally don't go beyond 2000 rpm per gear and have clipped at 100 once or twice to teach an impudent driver the error of their ways (Greater Noida expressway 100 is the speed limit).

Thank you all in advance for your inputs. But is my Bolero an ET? Heh...heh...have crossed my smilie limit.

Chaunfa

Please check if the fuel gauge is working properly .

Jokes apart, Bolero's tank is 60 lts capacity, so for half a tank if you've got a mileage of 289 rounded off to (300kms), you are getting approximately 10kmpl.

Points to think over:
1. Did you get these figures in City/Highway driving ?
2. Was the AC on ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 16th March 2011, 12:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

That's not bad news Chaunfa. I have been toying with the idea of getting the Storm, myself, but always face stiff resistance from the family. I am looking forward to your ownership thread, to gather points to convince my wife. :-)
Old 16th March 2011, 13:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team BHP Support.

@chaunfa: Fill Diesel, get an accurate idea of the milage. If it turns out that your bolero is indeed an ET, report this post to have this thread reopened.

Thanks,
Support Team
Closed Thread